PDA

View Full Version : Take a ride with me

88workcar
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I got a camera for my birthday, I like it
http://youtu.be/Gv5GYvWj9xo

Riverrat001
06-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Looks good. Nice camera but I think it would take better video off that yami cowl on the back of a sst 60. Haha

Jackson
06-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Awesome Video Dude! Boat looks like its hauling *** 2 ;)

biggdave92
06-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Sweet video man!

Ron Hill
06-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Where is this place? No speed limit? No noise "COPS"..... WOW!!!!

88workcar
06-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Where is this place? No speed limit? No noise "COPS"..... WOW!!!!

This is heaven Mr Ron, Can you please explain what is a speed limit and what is a noise police........... Never heard of those around here... We do have properties for sale, high priced though LOL

BRzuki
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Cool video man...motor sounds great...would love to hear that 7400 rpm powerhead.:D

Ron Hill
06-14-2011, 07:42 PM
I thought you had to die first!!!! Besides no noise police or speed limits, I'll bet there are a hell of a lot of nice people around there, too.

A 90 Yammie is how many cubic inches?

Loved the sound, especially when you backed her down and she four cycled...I love an engine to only run clean "UP TOP".....

JohnsonM50
06-15-2011, 03:39 AM
I like the turn bouy, the vids cool too:D.

biggdave92
06-15-2011, 06:10 AM
I love an engine to only run clean "UP TOP"..... What does this mean?

Ron Hill
06-15-2011, 03:46 PM
We just say "UP TOP" meaning running wide open throttle....I'm never melted and engine down that four cycled all the time, except WOT....and I've busted a few motors in my life.

If you listen to the video, you can hear the motor, it is running rich and not on the pipe until he really gives it gas....

AND where is this place????

Roy Hodges
06-15-2011, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Ron Hill;107428]I thought you had to die first!!!! Besides no noise police or speed limits, I'll bet there are a hell of a lot of nice people around there, too.

A 90 Yammie is how many cubic inches?

Loved the sound, especially when you backed her down and she four cycled...I love an engine to only run clean "UP TOP".................................................. ...........................
.................................................. .................................................. ..............................
.................................................. .................................................. .............................
A 90 Yammy is about 67 cubes. Which is about what you'd get adding another cylinder to a 2 cyl. 55 or 60 horse omc ; in my opinion OMC really missed the boat many years ago by NOT doing that

88workcar
06-15-2011, 06:20 PM
69.9 ci I think, yea I never set them up lean. That powerhead is stock. It actually belongs to someone else. I sold my good one. I am in the process of getting another. I hope the new one turns more than the last one did which was 7400. Yea it's like put putting now LOL. watch the Vid, you can wave to folks sight see and stuff. That was a trip at about 68 - 70 mph. Add in the good cleaver and 1300 more rpm and it gets real fun. I do like that you all enjoy it, I will do another this weekend. I get calls if I wait to long to go to the river, the folks there call to see whats wrong and if I'm ok when they do not see me in a few weekends. Kinda nice for that. The town is Pierre Part, La. Same as where the Swamp People are from. Matter fact a guy and his wife came from GA. last weekend and picked up the Blue and white 15' Allison. At the top of our road the folks that live on the corner have cooking and drinking parties twice a month. Clint and Jacob are there regularly, that is there little gang. The woman spotted Clint and called me back to see if that waass really him and could she come meet him. I told them to turn around and pull up there while I walked over. She met him and took pictures. The guy called twice that night to tell me how much that made his wife's day and how nice and hospitable we all were. He said we sure live right. It's just every day country living for us. we do enjoy! Thanks Jason.

ima75man
06-15-2011, 06:42 PM
when do i get to meet the 88 workcar man,,after being freinds for 5 years now, we never met..computers sure help people meet new freinds.. racers are the best folks world over...out

Mark75H
06-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the ride..

MWhite
06-15-2011, 07:25 PM
I got a camera for my birthday, I like it
http://youtu.be/Gv5GYvWj9xo
Thats a cool video.

Ron Hill
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the ride..

I saw those waves and said to myself, "Self".....about then you backed her down...A fun ride! I really felt like I was in the boat with you!

biggdave92
06-16-2011, 06:00 AM
We just say "UP TOP" meaning running wide open throttle....I'm never melted and engine down that four cycled all the time, except WOT....and I've busted a few motors in my life.

If you listen to the video, you can hear the motor, it is running rich and not on the pipe until he really gives it gas....

AND where is this place???? That similar to how my motor runs. I've always called it "clearing out". From a dead stop if i punch it, it runs a little rough but then at about 5k it'll "clear out" and haul butt. Just like 88's motor.

is this somethin' i need to be concerned with? Is this a good or bad thing? What exactly causes it to do what it's doing and what can be done to make it better?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand things a little more.

JohnsonM50
06-16-2011, 11:10 AM
When punching out from a stop [as fun as it is] is also straining the motor about as much as you can besides over-reving it Stumbling a little might not be something wrong but that depends on the motor. If it kicks in nice later its probably ok. When building & tuning an engine for hi performance its hard to do without some low end sacrifice. Nowadays with electric fuel injection & computers motors in general can purr like kittens & roar too. :) Id say 88's motor is in good shape not to mention his driving is sharp, catching those wakes just right can make or break a ride.:cool:

88workcar
06-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Vid #2 changed to a 20p Yammi drag prop and took the exhast block off plates off the holes in the lower unit. You can not see that the wind was reaking havack on me especially when I stopped to see my buddy in the camp boat.
http://youtu.be/V2A6x33A9uY

dave arnold
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
wow! now i know my destiny is to drive my 14' Allison FAST!!!!!!

AWESOME VIDEOS!

thank you.

biggdave92
06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
88, is the lens dirty? Looks a little foggier than your last video. I'm lookin hard at one of those cameras. Thanks for the video!

Scooby
06-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Man you got to many hobbies, boats, 4 wheelers, cars, etc., you can't be married. I guess next you'll be posting a video with Troy and "Lizbeth" alligator hunting. If so, I still have your address so let me send you a new shirt for Troy to change into. ( LOL )