PDA

View Full Version : A Little Gem Resto

crankbearing
06-15-2011, 05:47 AM
Here is a beauty we have been working on for a customer in Windsor. This motor was left to him and when I got it it was three coats deep with yellow and black, The ports were practically "NOT THERE". from the crank out, New sleeves, Fresh stock 20H porting. New Gears, bearings, seals, Prop shaft and driveshaft. Marine Epoxy primer and three coats of Alkyd Enamel. Ready to go back together. I left most of the nicks and marks in the motor as I wanted it to have character from it's racing days and the motor has VERY sentimental value to the owner, He plans to build the Airborne to match and head to the marathon with it at one point soon. All numbers matching as well with the original tag.

Powerabout
06-15-2011, 06:41 AM
Very Nice!

JohnsonM50
06-18-2011, 04:44 AM
Athing of beauty :cool:

Mark75H
06-18-2011, 06:08 AM
very nice

88workcar
06-19-2011, 08:34 AM
nice

Ron Hill
06-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Flat Top pistons??? The came out in '59 with the kit...

Aeroliner
06-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Very nice work Dave,
I agree with Ron that the engine should have fire slots. Also a couple things should not be painted when looking at the photos. On the water jacket cover the bolt that holds the wire clamp was not painted. Also the right cowl mount that attaches to the forward recoil support was unpainted along with the right rear recoil mount. David and I have documented a 20-H we obtained last summer and have written a book on our findings. Four weeks ago we acquired two additional 20-H's that have never been apart. One is in the first 150 and the other is 58th from the last one produced. We have taken extensive photos of the first engine and will do the same for the others.We have documented all the inspection stamp locations so for someone that would like to make a 20-H as close to factory as possible the book is an ideal reference document. We will not restore these three engines. The second photo is of the 1956 engine
Alan