PDA

View Full Version : Fastest lil boatz in dah caribbean!!!!!

viboatman
07-01-2011, 10:16 PM
:Dwe raced these boats for boat race this weekend,,,he used nitros oxide and i used an engine anthony m. built,,,hehehe..,,,,came in first place,,,will have a rematch this week,,,betz are on,,,drag race!!!!!

:cool:osa!!!!!!

50hptiller
07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Video ......... we need video.......nice boats how fast yall running with them 45 motors.

viboatman
07-03-2011, 10:00 AM
:)here is dah vids,,,but none of our actual race!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnqr7C2jcuY

osa!!!!!

F-12
07-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Looks good! Is it a straight bottom or a little hook at the transom? If you could get it to hamg a little higher to stop the porpoising, it would be awesome...............

viboatman
07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
ok,,,the nose cone bullet was 1 1/2 inches below the flat pad,,,i just raised it up even with the bottom of the boat so im gona test it tomorrow,,,oh one more thing,,,,the nose cone bullet is 3 1/2 inches from the tramsom in distance!!!

tks,,,osa....

F-12
07-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I probably wouldn't go that high. stay around 3/4 to 1 inch below the bottom and kick it out a little more. You should be able to use all the throttle before you can steer it. I used to have a 17' Hydrostream with a tricked out Suzuki 140 and had to hit the throttle and trim button at the same time. By the time I reached 70 mph+ I could steer it.........and it would get there in a hurry. Set up just below the bottom with a nose cone and pulling a 32" Raker prop @ 8000 rpm. Not bad for a rice burner.

JohnsonM50
07-08-2011, 07:27 PM
ok,,,the nose cone bullet was 1 1/2 inches below the flat pad,,,i just raised it up even with the bottom of the boat so im gona test it tomorrow,,,oh one more thing,,,,the nose cone bullet is 3 1/2 inches from the tramsom in distance!!!

tks,,,osa.... Im thinking since you run some ruff stuff that depth is good but less than 1 1/2" might be faster & still drivable. It looks like your tabs can adjust [on the fly?] They can compensate for tilt a little & keep ya from launching in case your a bit far out but tilt & tabs in the right place working together.. sweet spot.:cool:

OUTBOARDER
07-09-2011, 01:13 PM

tks,,,osa....

ya really need a trim cyl with gauge on dash ;)
and maybe up and down too:cool:

I would love to try one in 13' with a pipe:eek:

viboatman
07-09-2011, 07:10 PM
well your right about being a lil below the transom cause today when i test it,,,it was reving out when it hit choppy water so i dropped it down and it worked better,,,as far as the tak goes,,,i got a 7k tak today and i juss finished installed it....(Anthony M.),,,ill let you know the reading tomorrow after we lake x it...tehe...the prop im running have numbers on it but i really dont know the pitch,,,so ill try to display all the info i have by tomorrow evening...

:Dtks,,,osa.....

OUTBOARDER
07-10-2011, 11:08 AM
well your right about being a lil below the transom cause today when i test it,,,it was reving out when it hit choppy water so i dropped it down and it worked better,,,as far as the tak goes,,,i got a 7k tak today and i juss finished installed it....(Anthony M.),,,ill let you know the reading tomorrow after we lake x it...tehe...the prop im running have numbers on it but i really dont know the pitch,,,so ill try to display all the info i have by tomorrow evening...

:Dtks,,,osa.....

Off Shore racing looks fun in your boat!
Any thoughts on a longer boat? maybe 13'?

viboatman
07-12-2011, 07:23 PM
ok,, heres dah deal,,,i have a tac in the boat and its doin 61mph at 69,000 rpm,,,:eek:,,,wow,,,the prop im using if my friendz(silver bullet),,,it has a number on it,,,ok,,,one one side has M,,,and on the other side has,,,036 and 390,,,its ah ss45 wheel,,,put i think i have to go up in pitch,,,does anyone know what im dealing wit here as far as more pitch to my pony....:confused:

tks,,,osa....

Ballistic
08-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Damn those things fly with just a 45ss...

What horsepower do you think they actually make?

Mark75H
08-10-2011, 04:25 PM
I think the powerhead is 60hp. Its just called a 45 because it is just under 45 cubic inches

Ron Hill
08-10-2011, 08:18 PM
I think the 60 pistons have a larger intake port cut out. I don't know as a first hand basis, but the 60 has different pistons than the 40's and 50's...The only way to find these 60 HP pistons is to tear the motor down....after a race and this doesn't happen often......

OUTBOARDER
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the 60 pistons have a larger intake port cut out. I don't know as a first hand basis, but the 60 has different pistons than the 40's and 50's...The only way to find these 60 HP pistons is to tear the motor down....after a race and this doesn't happen often......
45ss with all the stuff you can do with a tuner.
This motor did 73 mph @ 7,200 in the quater on a 13' Tomcat Tunnel
Dominated it's class in SE Virginia.

Osay needs a nitro foot w/low water pu & 11 x 21 to carry that V-hull........