PDA

View Full Version : turn fins

mercguy
07-20-2005, 07:31 PM
I have seen some truly "knarly" fins on alot of boats on the East Coast and some widely different shapes. I have read Sam Hemps comments on the fin and placement and have learned alot, but am still curious, especially the fins on runabouts. It seems that "us racers" out here on the West Coast have some seriously basic fins, while you guys on the East Coast have some "trick" fins. Help us "cavemen" understand PLEASE!!!!! Probably why you guys/girls get around the course faster??? I learned alot more lately than I ever knew (not that I knew anything to start with) about turn fins from John Sherlock, Ron Hill, Ernie Dawe and Jimbo.so thanks guys!!!!!

I am really curious about turn fins on runabouts!!!! ;)

JohnsonM50
12-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Ive been thinking about that lately being winter, time to make the changes. My runnabout is a bit crazy turning, Ive asked around and the answer is trial / error-test etc. Once I saw a fin with 2 or 3 holes towards the top, heard their for better sliding control thats got my interest but Im still listening. I recently got a C bezoats, havent put serious power on it yet but it seems to be more cooperative than a runnabout.