PDA

View Full Version : John Schubert...

Ron Hill
07-23-2005, 03:32 PM
This appears to be a new Sid Son boat.....It is from an old picture from APBA's promotional files...when they had them!!!

Ted March
07-23-2005, 06:02 PM
His dad was amazing

And David was my friend

John Schubert T*A*R*T
07-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Ted,

Thanks for the kind words. This picture was taken at Lakewood, NJ race, very narrow one bouy turns. Pits were also very interesting, deep sand & fairly steep banks kind of like what Millville was by the dock & club house.

Ron Hill
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
John is working on a 75-H... Here is the gearcase...

Just an FYI!

Ron Hill
11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
John Schubert...from New Jersery..not Texas.

Master Oil Racing Team
12-18-2008, 08:53 AM
This article is from the October 1971 issue of Powerboat Magazine.

T2x
12-19-2008, 07:35 AM
This article is from the October 1971 issue of Powerboat Magazine.

Schubert, O'Dea, Shedell, etc...... We OPC. guys in the northeast were in awe of them prior to Schubert and O'Dea getting into OPC.

It's a shame Schubert chose "Brand X"....He would have been incredible with "Black Power"............. :D:D:D:D:p

Seriously........... He was a wonderful talent and is another example of my theory that many of the greatest American pure outboard drivers all had last names beginning with the letter "S".

Sirois
Seebold (x4)
Schumacher
Schubert

I might even throw Sherlock in there.....and the first three all had "Bill" for a first name.

Congrats to Mister Schubert on a great career......... even with the "delusional" team.

T2x

Ron Hill
12-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Add Scotti to that list of "S's"....

and

Alan Stinson
Kenny Stevenson
Johnny Sanders

John Schubert T*A*R*T
12-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Add Scotti to that list of "S's"....

and

Alan Stenson
Kenny Stevenson

Isn't that Stinson? How about Sanders. And how about Shakespeare the other half of Clive Curtis & the Cougar tunnels. Sanders co-drove with Shakespeare & finished 2nd to the Berghauers at Parker in 72/73 ? I co-drove with Muncey & I think we were 3rd after breaking the steering wheel in what was a Scotti #9 changed t0 44 for the race. Then there is also Tom Stickle & Dick Scherrer.

Master Oil Racing Team
12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Lars Strom, Jerry Simision, Jim Stone, Rocky Stone, Chuck Simon, Jim Schoch, Lee Sutter. And what about Steve de Souza? Is this a technicality?

Ron Hill
12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
John must be shy, as he sends me these pictures, but doesn't post them...Great stuff John has restored here...

I asked about the name as it sounded familiar...

That name was always mine. When we bought our first boat, a Jacoby 3 point from Johnny Covals, it was named Sleepy Time Gal. I guess that I went up to maybe VI, then stopped using the name.

John

racnbns
12-21-2008, 08:13 PM
John must be shy, as he sends me these pictures, but doesn't post them...Great stuff John has restored here...

I asked about the name as it sounded familiar...

That name was always mine. When we bought our first boat, a Jacoby 3 point from Johnny Covals, it was named Sleepy Time Gal. I guess that I went up to maybe VI, then stopped using the name.

John

Thats a really nice looking Mark 75 but what kind of gear case is that?

Bruce

John Schubert T*A*R*T
12-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Thats a really nice looking Mark 75 but what kind of gear case is that?

Bruce

SST45 gear case Bruce. Surprised that you didn't recognize an OMC part???:p