PDA

View Full Version : Tow Vehicles . . .

boatmark59
08-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I was digging through old photos and started noticing some of the cool tow vehicles from back in the days before box trailers, cube vans and big rigs. How about posting pit photos with your ride.

I am still looking for a good photo, but my EP boat in the late seventies would be hooked to a Ford custom van (that would be Custom, long before conversion!) with the fade away graphics and the desert murals complete with a coyote. :cool:

And that van was probably headed to the races following Jeff Titus's blue Chevy window van with the mirror windows, color matched SE boat behind, and a matching Midget boat on the roof. That van was famous in region-5 opc races. . . he drove it for twenty years and it looked new the whole time.

Who had some cool stuff ? ? ?

Master Oil Racing Team
08-18-2011, 08:22 PM
A great idea boatmark. I will someday post a thread about the BIG TRAILERS, but none of our guys had the custom stuff you are talking about. There's lots of people out there that have rigs that they probably thought could make a good tow package shot in a magazine. Now's the time to show us what you got......or had!:) I like this idea.:cool:

Moneypit
08-18-2011, 08:39 PM
No pics but a lot of people here remember my infamous green 68 F250 with the white hood. That truck went all the way to Valleyfield in 06 towing Allerton's PS52.... 6000 miles almost exactly. No AC, No cruise, no etc etc.... But I didn't have to argue with anyone about where to stop...I was ALONE.......

Back in the early 80s "the Greek" was towing a plywood dragster trailer, just tall enough for the rollcage, with an older Suburban....Hell, Karmenasnes (sp) might STILL be using it...
Ray

Skoontz
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Ask Bill Curtis about the time Karamesenes took his dragster out on Blue Island avenue....

Moneypit
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Ask Bill Curtis about the time Karamesenes took his dragster out on Blue Island avenue....

There's nothing about the "Greek" that would surprise me... Well, maybe if he went to a final in today's NHRA, that would surprise me...But I'd be pulling for that old fart....
Ray