PDA

View Full Version : crank machining

bowlupn
09-18-2011, 05:24 PM
new to sight, just trying to get some insight. Is it posible to turn a crank down and get over sized needle bearings? I have experiance in motors, mostly 4 stroke. i don't want to hard weld and have it re-cut, way to much. the motor is a 1990 evinrude 150 hp. any help would be great, thanks, Carl.

stvracing
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
You cant get oversize bearings. Call Ralph at LI\indenhurst Outboard. Hes an Evinrude/Johnson dealer and hes got great prices on used parts.
631-514-1525

Skoontz
09-18-2011, 07:10 PM
new to sight, just trying to get some insight. Is it posible to turn a crank down and get over sized needle bearings? I have experiance in motors, mostly 4 stroke. i don't want to hard weld and have it re-cut, way to much. the motor is a 1990 evinrude 150 hp. any help would be great, thanks, Carl.

You cant get over sized bearings, but, you can hard chrome the journals and remachine them back to spec. There are shops that specialize in nothing but crankshaft welding, repair. One place I know is in St. Charles Illinois, Automachine, Inc. They have a welder, hard chrome tanks, and crank grinder.

bowlupn
09-18-2011, 07:17 PM
thanks for info. I really dont want to spend the money to have it welded, then cut. If I can get a used one at a good price, I will go that way.