PDA

View Full Version : advice on courier service

lcp
11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
i need to ship a 40hp outboard motor from US to malaysia/brunei.any idea what is the best company who can ship international?should be someone done it before.hope someone will give me some advice.regard.

wolfgang
11-11-2011, 12:40 AM
very positive experiences with Nippon Express. They operate worldwide and are very helpful.
Good Luck, Wolfgang

Steve Litzell
11-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Try also TNT company, Fed Ex and UPS. Also try Peters & May, I have used all of these for European shipments.:rolleyes:

lcp
11-11-2011, 05:01 AM
thanks for the suggestion.international shippping cost for heavy item like outboard motor must be pain in ***.any idea whats the cost the ship an 40hp outboard to malaysia?regard

Steve Litzell
11-11-2011, 06:07 PM
No guess on price as this changes all the time because of fuel costs. Shipments are by box dimensions and weight. You can not ship with out being boxed except for large machines and cars and such. UPS likes cardboard, others are Ok with wood. Steve

Ron Hill
11-11-2011, 06:33 PM
If you can put the motor in 3-4 boxes, U. S. Mail is the best I can find.

I have found better rates on complete motors if I take them to the airport and they pick them up at the airport....................... ALWAYS pay in advance, keep the receipt!

Powerabout
11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Quite often its easier to put it in a container so you then may as well put anything else in as well
The handling kills you with something like an outboard