PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday for Quincy Welding Employee

Mark40H
08-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Today we celebrated Jack McGrury's 74th birthday. Jack was a long time employee of Quincy Welding and was one of their engine builders. Those of you who were involved in alkie racing will remember Jack as he always helped everyone work on their engines. Jack also assembled several of the engines that Jerry Waldman won national championships with. Jack's family and friends, several of the old local racers and former Quincy Welding employees (Gene East and Mark Hummelsheim) celebrated with Jack today along the river. Art Neadeck brought his trailer of racing memorabilia and his old Quincy Looper. He fired it up for Jack to hear run again - that sure brought a smile to Jack's face. Attached is a photo showing Jack with Gene East (L) and Mark Hummelsheim (R) behind him. To the right in the picture is Art and his Looper.

Gene East
09-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Pay no attention to this picture!
I am not that fat! I am not that bald!
All joking aside it was an honor to help Jack celerbrate his birthday.
You should have seen Jack's face light up when Artie lit up the Looper.
Thanks for posting this Mark.

Gene East
10-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Jack's wife Sandy told me Jack had a stroke yesterday. He is improving but Sandy says he will be in the hospital for several days.
Cards and well wishes can be sent to:
Jack McGrury
Room 3422
Blessing Hospital
1005 Broadway
Quincy, IL 62301

Please remember Jack in Your prayers.

Gene East
10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
Jack is home now.
Sandy wants to thank everyone who has been praying for Jack and she asks that we continue to pray for him.