PDA

View Full Version : Bogalusa Race Sucess !!!!

88workcar
06-30-2012, 02:09 PM
They had one great turn out, lot of boats. Could not stay long enough for the finals.This is only a small part of what was there.

Nason
06-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Today was my first time at a boat race.People were friendly and they had some bad A&& boats out there flying by.Bogalusa Boat Club put on a nice event , the drivers handle their boats very well and put on a nice showing. Congrats to everyone.The SRG gang with the Mercs brings some very stiff competition.

chris3298
06-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Agree with Nason that was some good racing, Jason wish i would have gotten there earlier and have had the chance to meet ya in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnYtFXm6EPM&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi2A8RqGHTk&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhjyLkq1Go&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7oskTvvMGs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vb-zTAjjOs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2MMGaitBec&feature=plcp

buddyroe
07-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Looks like fun. I forgot about it. We will have to make the next one.

Jackson
07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Good turn out

chris3298
07-01-2012, 10:01 AM
SRG Boats

Jackson
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Them guys have sum nice stuff!!!

Ron Hill
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Agree with Nason that was some good racing, Jason wish i would have gotten there earlier and have had the chance to meet ya in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnYtFXm6EPM&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi2A8RqGHTk&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxhjyLkq1Go&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7oskTvvMGs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vb-zTAjjOs&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2MMGaitBec&feature=plcp

Thanks for the YouTubes and the pictures....Wow! You guys were "RACING".....Thanks for renewing my faith in my fellow man!

orangebeast
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Guys im whooped!! Bean spanked me!! Then did a victory dance right in from Of me!! At least he could have waited a few min, then gan green whooped us all!!!

chris3298
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Guys im whooped!! Bean spanked me!! Then did a victory dance right in from Of me!! At least he could have waited a few min, then gan green whooped us all!!!

I heard about that, heard you hit a stick and bent the prop, maybe the only way a merc can win lol

orangebeast
07-01-2012, 02:33 PM
There is always next time, and yeah it bent the pitch out a blade, kept breaking loose after that

chris3298
07-01-2012, 02:35 PM
There is always next time, and yeah it bent the pitch out a blade, kept breaking loose after that

That stinks but yeah there will always be next time

MWhite
07-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Wont to thank bogalusa boat club and all that was involved in putting this race on,,,,had a great turn out of boats in all classes,, its was hot as hell but we made it through it,,,, ya'll did a great job and we had a blast,,hope to do it again,, Thanks from all of us from SRG.:)

BeanF
07-01-2012, 07:23 PM

we had a good time and there will be a next time lol

Riverrat001
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanks again bogalusa guys. It was fun.

MWhite
07-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I heard about that, heard you hit a stick and bent the prop, maybe the only way a merc can win lol
It isnt the only way a merc can win,,I sure didnt see the tohatsu there?

chris3298
07-01-2012, 07:58 PM
It isnt the only way a merc can win,,I sure didnt see the tohatsu there?

hahaha couldn't stop myself on that comment lol it was to dam hot for me to be in that water

HTarver
07-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Good job magic mike, heard you whooped em all over there. You know this makes that bullseye that much bigger on your back! Got my eye on you. lol

orangebeast
07-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Bean , mike, im glad yall beat me!! Now the targets on yalls back haha, we will meet again!!!

MWhite
07-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Good job magic mike, heard you whooped em all over there. You know this makes that bullseye that much bigger on your back! Got my eye on you. lol
yea i got my sights set on u next,,u cant hide from me. lol

bad news racing
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM

What I heard him say was ( I am going to make sure I am not on the same water as you)
just say n , I am glad yall got home safe Mike

88workcar
07-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Darn, just relized this: Where were the Tarver boys?

bad news racing
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Looks to me like they AINT where Mr Mke White is and plan to stay there. LOL:)

bad news racing
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I hope somebody has a picture of Bean's victory lap!

PS; hope the smell goes away .lol:eek:

BeanF
07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
hank has some maybe he can put some up no smell did not have time lol

MWhite
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I hope somebody has a picture of Bean's victory lap!

PS; hope the smell goes away .lol:eek:
bean got the water hose out and wash the inside of boat before it started smelling.lol

MWhite
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
hank see if seth will put up the videos he got yesterday and saturday,, thanks:)

orangebeast
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Mike im glad i got a spare prop now, next time we meet up yall want be so lucky!!! Haha next time i see beans boat he will prolly have some air freshiners in there!!

MWhite
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Mike im glad i got a spare prop now, next time we meet up yall want be so lucky!!! Haha next time i see beans boat he will prolly have some air freshiners in there!!
maybe and maybe not,, but it will be ok, its time to let someone else hold the title for awhile, now the pressure off u, and on bean

orangebeast
07-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah i know i felt the pressure easy off me when we crossed the finish!! Haha

HTarver
07-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Darn, just relized this: Where were the Tarver boys?

Gremlins! Cody couldnt fix four strokin issues and I was getting ready to pull out the drive way and noticed the my tuner was broke off and laying in the top of the gearcase. So i spent most of saturday building me a new one and putting it in. We WILL make the next one.
Ill probly have to run in the stock class, my boat is so slow, but we will be there. lol:D

chris3298
07-03-2012, 05:55 AM
maybe and maybe not,, but it will be ok, its time to let someone else hold the title for awhile, now the pressure off u, and on bean

I agree

bad news racing
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
I dont know Chris , you getting as bad as Jason Johnson , lot's of talk - no boat Lol
:D

MWhite
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
I dont know Chris , you getting as bad as Jason Johnson , lot's of talk - no boat Lol
yes,, come down there and didnt bring his boat and had plenty of competition to run against,,, jason said he blowed his up. Maybe they will both be there next time with a boat, and maybe nason and them tarver boys too. :p;)

bad news racing
07-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I might have to put OLD 75 man on that list also , a lot of talk and no boat:p

ima75man
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
dude, i have four local racers wanting my crown,, they had a little race today in alabama they forgot to invite me.. they also think the fastest two will gave me a race, i'm guna run them from a idle in gear and spot them some boat lengths and race 700 feet. don't worry about the 75 man, better worry about bean and mike.

Nason
07-03-2012, 03:45 PM
yes,, come down there and didnt bring his boat and had plenty of competition to run against,,, jason said he blowed his up. Maybe they will both be there next time with a boat, and maybe nason and them tarver boys too. :p;)

I tried to get some reeds in time but was unable, no excusses, they showed up monday .They were installed this mornig . Don't see no difference between Carsons single stage or Boyesen dual stage reeds, only difference is you can get 2 sets of Carsons for the price of Boyesens. Still doing max 52.5 mph.
I was also following Beans advice
If you can't run with the BIG boys,
then sit on your porch with your feet up
and sip tea.

HTarver
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
I tried to get some reeds in time but was unable, no excusses, they showed up monday .They were installed this mornig . Don't see no difference between Carsons single stage or Boyesen dual stage reeds, only difference is you can get 2 sets of Carsons for the price of Boyesens. Still doing max 52.5 mph.
I was also following Beans advice
If you can't run with the BIG boys,
then sit on your porch with your feet up
and sip tea.

Dont feel bad nason thats all i can do is sit on the porch with my tea. My boat aint fast at all. but im gonna give magic mike all i got this weekend at the camp if he shows up! So dont take it of sik em yet king!!! lets go play weekend. lol :D:D:D:D:D

bad news racing
07-03-2012, 04:18 PM
dude, i have four local racers wanting my crown,, they had a little race today in alabama they forgot to invite me.. they also think the fastest two will gave me a race, i'm guna run them from a idle in gear and spot them some boat lengths and race 700 feet. don't worry about the 75 man, better worry about bean and mike.

It must have been a little race , we race up and down the river not across.
you must not get many RPM out of that old junk you paddle back and forth across the river
:eek:

ima75man
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
what ever,i have used a paddle a few times,most racers have..if you come to milton, i'll run you from idle to 700 foot and even spots you a boat length or two.

orangebeast
07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Tell them like it is 75 woman!!! Tell them to come on down !! Let them post all the videos, the beast ate them all up saturday!! Heck it was just to full to keep eatin them up!!! So i put the beast on a diet for a little while!!! Let em get a little more throttle before they jump again haha,

P.s thats just a temporary crown yall got!! The beast will return

chris3298
07-03-2012, 06:59 PM

I'll be there next time as long as there's nothing going on at the time I have to be at, I need to be putt with the 25hp crowd because I'd say I'm the only one who runs a true stock motor.

orangebeast
07-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I have to beg the differ there, because i set a 40 merc up myself for a buddy to drive, it is completely stock, your more than welcome to come and inspect it yourself, you can bring a parts list of everything that belongs on a stock motor and it will be there, other than the aluminum plate on the lower unit, his motor ran a grand total of 53.6 mph on a 13 ' weldcraft, and it beat motors that was not stock and there swore they where runnin above 55 mph!! Its all in the start of the race!!

MWhite
07-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Tell them like it is 75 woman!!! Tell them to come on down !! Let them post all the videos, the beast ate them all up saturday!! Heck it was just to full to keep eatin them up!!! So i put the beast on a diet for a little while!!! Let em get a little more throttle before they jump again haha,

U lost your crown,, admit it,, to a mercury too. haha lol

ima75man
07-04-2012, 06:04 AM
tell them like it is 75 woman!!! Tell them to come on down !! Let them post all the videos, the beast ate them all up saturday!! Heck it was just to full to keep eatin them up!!! So i put the beast on a diet for a little while!!! Let em get a little more throttle before they jump again haha,

p.s thats just a temporary crown yall got!! The beast will return

mr. O.j., us omc guys know, you got to let the merc's win sometimes or they would quit..lol

MWhite
07-04-2012, 07:19 AM
mr. O.j., us omc guys know, you got to let the merc's win sometimes or they would quit..lol
Ya'll omc guys dont like it when them merc rough up them omc's,, they cant take it,,, if u wont run up front, better get u a merc

orangebeast
07-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Us omc guys have sympathy for yall merc people, we gotta cut yall some slack!! Its our moto to help the needy!! So we help yall merc guys out sometimes haha

chris3298
07-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Us omc guys have sympathy for yall merc people, we gotta cut yall some slack!! Its our moto to help the needy!! So we help yall merc guys out sometimes haha

sounds like Obama take from the rich give to the poor LOL

DMM
07-04-2012, 10:49 AM

MWhite
07-04-2012, 07:08 PM

The crown is on this side of louisiana now,,,, if u wont it back u got to come get it ,,,we going to keep it over here awhile. haha.lol

HankFrazier
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
this is Seth, Hanks's son boat racing videos are being downloaded to a youtube page i made. most of the videos are still uploading but there are a few already posted up. simply clink the link below and it will bring you to the youtube page you can watch each video from there they are number so you can watch them as the acctually happened that saturday and sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqNsnuOk48rCE2oNOBucFw?feature=mhee

HankFrazier
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I discovered a cracked reed block today I knew somthing was wrong just took a while to find it.glad the peace didn't turn loose and go through the motor.

chris3298
07-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I discovered a cracked reed block today I knew somthing was wrong just took a while to find it.glad the peace didn't turn loose and go through the motor.

It sure ran like nothing was wrong, it was hard to tell who won at the races it was to close some times. Glad it did't let go.

bad news racing
07-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Does any body have the video ove Beans spin , did not see it in those posted , he was running Charles

MWhite
07-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Does any body have the video ove Beans spin , did not see it in those posted , he was running Charles
yea seth does have it,,i dont know y it hasnt downloaded yet but i will try to get him too post it asap.

JSM86
07-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Looks like a blast! Any 2cyl 25hp classes? What kind of speeds would I need to run to compete with a 25hp Jon boat?

chris3298
07-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Looks like a blast! Any 2cyl 25hp classes? What kind of speeds would I need to run to compete with a 25hp Jon boat?

There was a 25 class and they ran dam good.

JSM86
07-07-2012, 05:40 PM
There was a 25 class and they ran dam good.

Any ideal on speeds?

chris3298
07-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Any ideal on speeds?

Not sure about the speeds, but they moved good. No one here will truly say how fast there gonna run.

JSM86
07-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Not sure about the speeds, but they moved good. No one here will truly say how fast there gonna run.

Haha. I know just trying to get a general ideal to see if I could even compete.

chris3298
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM

I wish I had a radar gun when I was out there, I say just go I went once had a blast still lost really bad but they were all cool, Paul he didn't make me loose to bad LOL
You really should go all these guys are some of the coolest people you'll ever meet, within 15 minutes i learned a ton about my boat. The videos on youtube are cool and all but in person is even better, really amazing how fast the unlimited guys are

HTarver
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM

JSM86, Ive never owned or raced a 25 but i would say if you can get one to run 45 to 50 mph, depending which hull you have, you would be pretty competitive. just my 2 cents.

JSM86
07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
JSM86, Ive never owned or raced a 25 but i would say if you can get one to run 45 to 50 mph, depending which hull you have, you would be pretty competitive. just my 2 cents.

Thanks, I may try and make a race. When is the next one?

chris3298
07-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks, I may try and make a race. When is the next one?

September 1, 2 for the next race

JSM86
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Here is my little boat. Just need helmet and jacket to race?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/whitevho/abc272c5.jpg

MWhite
07-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Here is my little boat. Just need helmet and jacket to race?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/whitevho/abc272c5.jpg
That will work, looks to be about a 14ftweldbilt boat. yes u need helmet and long sleave shirt and long pants no shorts:)

ima75man
07-08-2012, 08:08 AM
this is Seth, Hanks's son boat racing videos are being downloaded to a youtube page i made. most of the videos are still uploading but there are a few already posted up. simply clink the link below and it will bring you to the youtube page you can watch each video from there they are number so you can watch them as the acctually happened that saturday and sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqNsnuOk48rCE2oNOBucFw?feature=mhee

Seth, thanks for the great video's.. hope the s.c. boyz didn't get scared off.. y'all welcome to come down to the blackwater anytime.. thanks for sharing the video's,

Ron Hill
07-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I see Yamaha. Evinrude and Mercs......These didn't all start out as 25 HP.

JSM86
07-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Yeah is there a 25hp stock and modified class and what are the basic rules as far as what class you fall into?

bad news racing
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
We match up who ever shows , if only one 25 shows we will try to move him up , or he can always race Bill Kopoug who has an old 35 deflector , between our motor inspectors,
Mr Glen Hopkins , Mr troy Edwards , Mr John Henly Mr Cern Addison , They know who's stock and who's not , if only one shows we will ask do you want to move up ,or your money back , one run we will know if you should be moved up , will put them in there on bracket , win there class , we are just racing for braging rights any way!:D
Stock lower unit to keep down cost , lowwater ok for mod's

bad news racing
07-08-2012, 06:43 PM

Most are three cylinder 40's

JSM86
07-08-2012, 07:28 PM
We match up who ever shows , if only one 25 shows we will try to move him up , or he can always race Bill Kopoug who has an old 35 deflector , between our motor inspectors,
Mr Glen Hopkins , Mr troy Edwards , Mr John Henly Mr Cern Addison , They know who's stock and who's not , if only one shows we will ask do you want to move up ,or your money back , one run we will know if you should be moved up , will put them in there on bracket , win there class , we are just racing for braging rights any way!:D
Stock lower unit to keep down cost , lowwater ok for mod's

Ok, so its based more on the speeds you can run than the actual motor mods. Just making sure something as simple as cutting the head a little will put you in the modified class against a ported motor with tuned pipes, custom intake/carb setup, etc on a hydroplane. Lol. But it's all in fun I will race whoever. Thanks for info.

bad news racing
07-08-2012, 07:43 PM
We try to keep it as even as we can , I said in a post before It is kinda like beating up your sister if you win you should ( and we talk bad about you ) if you lose ,we will rag you about it , so the point is there is no reason to over match some one , if you are way faster we move you up ,if way slower move down

sabine river killer
07-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Ok, so its based more on the speeds you can run than the actual motor mods. Just making sure something as simple as cutting the head a little will put you in the modified class against a ported motor with tuned pipes, custom intake/carb setup, etc on a hydroplane. Lol. But it's all in fun I will race whoever. Thanks for info.

just keep in mind mod is mod a cut head is mod

Ron Hill
07-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Most are three cylinder 40's

I thought so, but ready somewhere that they were 25's.

I like STOCK is STOCK and MODIFIED IS MODIFIED...

Stock prop... and modified prop....There is a difference!

chris3298
07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I thought so, but ready somewhere that they were 25's.

I like STOCK is STOCK and MODIFIED IS MODIFIED...

Stock prop... and modified prop....There is a difference!

you gonna do anything with that 75?

seapro
07-09-2012, 08:28 PM
That will work, looks to be about a 14ftweldbilt boat. yes u need helmet and long sleave shirt and long pants no shorts:)

How does mike race like this ?????????

HTarver
07-09-2012, 08:50 PM
How does mike race like this ?????????

That is a good question cuz Ive never seen mike in a boat with that much clothes on...lol :D:D:D:D

DMM
07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Here is the last video we had on sunday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc2pVZAZhpI