PDA

View Full Version : Do You Guys Have A Name For Your Boats?

Ron Hill
07-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Do you have a Class or rules? Or do you just race? I'm sure you don't call yourself "Smack Boats" or do you?

So great racing, really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7oskTvvMGs&feature=plcp Best race of the year. Who was racing and who won???

orangebeast
07-06-2012, 05:32 AM
The way the bogalusa boat club is doin it we have the stock , mod , and unlimited, the unlimited fits most these computer guys

bad news racing
07-06-2012, 07:24 AM
The flat boat won the race , Jeff Boone was driving the Allison , but in his defence
had just gotton in the boat two days before the raceand spent most of the first day getting the motor to run.:)

never ben in a padded boat before either

88workcar
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I call mine "the ol green monster" or "The Grinch"

Ron Hill
07-06-2012, 04:10 PM
If I was the BOSS, no boat would race without a name...

But, my question here was really, "What do you guys call your 'Class' of racing???

I believe that Mod U, "T" , Mod VP, SS, KRR (K Racing Runabout), Jersey Speed Skiff, Cracker Box to name a few classes, help carry a class along.

You guys kind of look like "Out Laws on Water" to borrow a term from my now departed friend Bobby Kitchens....

Out Laws On Water:

Stock
MOD
Unlimited

V Bottoms
Flat Bottoms...

At this time I just call you "The Crazy Sumbitches" with "SMACK BOATS".....But I'm not sure that is a fair name or a good name....

Clearly, you all are having fun racing. Clearly, you have worked hard on your boats to get them to go fast. All this in great fun and friendship is way cool to me....I was wondering you called yourselves anything...

Example: DSRA...Deep South Racing Association is a name I've heard...just never been to one of their races.

bad news racing
07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
The club was formed in the 60'S I think, we revived the charter ' there is no real org. persay .
As for rules we arekeeping three cylinder or less,any kind boat , , motor insectors are all pretty good engine builders , so if you say your stock it will usualy if you are not.
The top boats in each class have the option to moove up with next class,
if time permit test run , we will move you up,
It is kinda like beating up your sister ,if u win u should , but if she wins every boady talkes about you, so most are straight up.
My boat is named BAD NEWS:D

bad news racing
07-06-2012, 04:59 PM
The group from the other side of the state ( Lake Charles Aera ) S R G , stands for Sabine River Gang , are some of the best people and boat racers you would ever want to meet.

phillnjack
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Here is a couple of My old boat's.
they sort of name themselve's :)

Binger
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM

But, my question here was really, "What do you guys call your 'Class' of racing???

I believe that Mod U, "T" , Mod VP, SS, KRR (K Racing Runabout), Jersey Speed Skiff, Cracker Box to name a few classes, help carry a class along.

You guys kind of look like "Out Laws on Water" to borrow a term from my now departed friend Bobby Kitchens....

Out Laws On Water:

Stock
MOD
Unlimited

V Bottoms
Flat Bottoms...

At this time I just call you "The Crazy Sumbitches" with "MACK BOATS".....But I'm not sure that is a fair name or a good name....

Clearly, you all are having fun racing. Clearly, you have worked hard on your boats to get them to go fast. All this in great fun and friendship is way cool to me....I was wondering you called yourselves anything...

Example: DSRA...Deep South Racing Association is a name I've heard...just never been to one of their races.

ThunderCat Racing www.thundercatracingna.com

MWhite
07-06-2012, 06:46 PM
I call mine "the ol green monster" or "The Grinch"
I call mind gan green, or mean green machine which ever u like. lol

bad news racing
07-06-2012, 06:49 PM
it is on there

HankFrazier
07-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Out Laws On Water:

Stock
MOD
Unlimited

V Bottoms
Flat Bottoms...

At this time I just call you "The Crazy Sumbitches" with "MACK BOATS".....But I'm not sure that is a fair name or a good name....

my boat is called the gator boat

orangebeast
07-09-2012, 06:28 PM
My boat is called the beast!! Srg called it that when we first met them and its stuck with it! Its bad, haha or at least it use to be bad until lil red and gan green teamed up on me!!

MWhite
07-09-2012, 06:33 PM
My boat is called the beast!! Srg called it that when we first met them and its stuck with it! Its bad, haha or at least it use to be bad until lil red and gan green teamed up on me!!
charles (the beast) is still bad a$$, ole green cant mess with u. haha, but lil red will.:D:p

HTarver
07-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Mine has been named the RATILAC since 1997. The origanal owner named it that because river rat is the style boat and it used have a livewell with pumps and aerators and full back seat and still ran pretty good.

seapro
07-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Mines called gray turd

ima75man
07-09-2012, 08:21 PM
my boat is called out front again since 1987 when the boat was build, the builder printed it in the back of the seat.. my group of racers in milton,fla was called the blackwater river gang..

Gene East
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
It appears you basically are a drag racing club with very few rules except maximum of three cyls.

You're missing some potential competitors by excluding the smaller four cylinder Mercurys. There's still a lot of those motors around and they are fairly low priced.

Forty years ago we had 44 C.I. Mercurys on 16 foot john boats with closed exhaust running over 50 MPH here in Quincy, IL.

No one has yet answerred Ron's question about what you call your type or class of racing.

We have many different types of boat racing represented on this site, and not all of them are represented by major sanctioning bodies.

I raced in a "wildcat club" that was patterned after Alky-Pro division. We didn't run nearly as fast as the Pro division, but we still had fun!

Obviously, you guys are having fun too!

We'd like to know more about your type of racing.

Who knows, some one just might like to come join you

orangebeast
07-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Well i guess you could call our class of boats 1/4 mile drag? We plain them off then race a 1/4 mile

Gene East
07-10-2012, 12:08 PM
What kind of speeds do you achieve in the quarter?

orangebeast
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Some see 50 some see 60 some see 70+ mph

orangebeast
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Just depends on your boat and motor set up, i seen a stock 40 merc with absolutely nothin done to it runnin between 53 and 56 mph with a 20 pitch clever on a 13ft weldcraft

Ron Hill
07-10-2012, 12:26 PM
It appears you basically are a drag racing club with very few rules except maximum of three cyls.

You're missing some potential competitors by excluding the smaller four cylinder Mercurys. There's still a lot of those motors around and they are fairly low priced.

Forty years ago we had 44 C.I. Mercurys on 16 foot john boats with closed exhaust running over 50 MPH here in Quincy, IL.

No one has yet answerred Ron's question about what you call your type or class of racing.

We have many different types of boat racing represented on this site, and not all of them are represented by major sanctioning bodies.

I raced in a "wildcat club" that was patterned after Alky-Pro division. We didn't run nearly as fast as the Pro division, but we still had fun!

Obviously, you guys are having fun too!

We'd like to know more about your type of racing.

Who knows, some one just might like to come join you

Trouble is Gene, you and I think of four bangers like everyone knows about them.....Realistically, these probably haven't seen a four banker on the river in 15 years......

I'd bet, if we showed up with a 44, they'd let YOU run.....Notice I said, "YOU"...as I ain't racing those guys with no handle....My brain works in too many directions already....Me and handles don't get along since the time I dumped Jimmy Hauenstein in Gun Lake......

orangebeast
07-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Hey if it run then bring it one day, we welcome any and all, just now a days once you get past a 3 holer , you start gettin into the 100hp and larger, i mean there are a few 90 yams runnin with us but we are still able to take our little 60 hp motors and give them a run they want forget about

bad news racing
07-10-2012, 01:25 PM
we had a 44 on a alum. mod flat about 20 sum odd years ago with a 1to1 quickey
,,was running 76 on a keller when the unit came off , was not good!

had two horns sounded good
Mr Gene if you brought one of those Quncieys I would line up against it just to see it .
would still be like:cool: (beating up your sister)
we don't really have enough water to go much faster.
, I have not seen a 44 on the river in a long time, but we will run him if he comes.

PS: I am with you Mr Ron the tiller is scary.

orangebeast
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Bad news racing, wasnt that a 44 at lake bulow? And also one at moss piont?

bad news racing
07-10-2012, 01:48 PM
yea those hydros had 44s ,

MWhite
07-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Trouble is Gene, you and I think of four bangers like everyone knows about them.....Realistically, these probably haven't seen a four banker on the river in 15 years......

I'd bet, if we showed up with a 44, they'd let YOU run.....Notice I said, "YOU"...as I ain't racing those guys with no handle....My brain works in too many directions already....Me and handles don't get along since the time I dumped Jimmy Hauenstein in Gun Lake......
I dont think that the smaller four cyl mercury are excluded, u just dont see any one running them around here, but if there r some that wont to run them they are welcome too by all means.

bad news racing
07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
APBA D CLASS 40 ci
E CLASS 44CI
SUPER E 46 - 50 CI I think i dont realy know?

a bunch of different pepper plants. LOL

seapro
07-10-2012, 05:38 PM
I ran a 4cyl merc on a 15x42 ran 54 and fun too:)

88workcar
07-10-2012, 06:18 PM
We had this discussion today, It is just kinda 3cyl or less. But yes by all means we will not let a 50 merc 4 cyl stay on the trailer. We really don't have a good "Class name" We were kicking around 3 banger outlaw, because that is the bigest configureation that can run, and most of our races are not sanctioned (outlaw). We have even called it 100hp or less.
Bottom line is, it is here to stay, we love it, we bicker and pick on the computer. But we are all warm friendly fellas at the race. It is for the bragging rights but mostly the company and fun. I have finally got my shop up and funtional so I will be back dedicated to building a motor to run like my good one from 2 years ago. That little stock one just aint all that.

Gene East
07-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a great time, but you don't have to worry about Ron or me.

We both are too old to be a threat.

I have fond memories of racing at Alexandria (Pineville).

Good people there!

Have a bowl of gumbo and dirty rice for me!

chris3298
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Well i guess you could call our class of boats 1/4 mile drag? We plain them off then race a 1/4 mile

Thanks for saying this i was curious if it was a 1/4 a mile run from buoy to buoy.

HTarver
07-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a great time, but you don't have to worry about Ron or me.

We both are too old to be a threat.

I have fond memories of racing at Alexandria (Pineville).

Good people there!

Have a bowl of gumbo and dirty rice for me!

Basically Mr.Hill/East, I can speak for everyone, pretty much what we do is sandbar drag racing. We have a whole lot of fun doing it and we all would welcome anyone that would want to play. All we race for is braging rights and everyone is friends with everyone. :)

Ron Hill
07-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I wish you guys would carry GPS's and giv us speeds, so you cold have Honest to goodness BRF World Speed Records.

I'm in California, it will be in my next life that I get down your way to race. I may fly down to one of your events, as I think your racing is the "Grass Roots" Racing that boat racing needs.

Solar Racing has: Drags (They call them sprints), Slalom Course, and Marathons.

No, "Head to Head" course racing where someone can get run over. Bragging Rights racing is the future...

seapro
07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Mr hill every one that runs a smack boat knows to
The tenth how fast it is and they are none to willing to share it lol

Ron Hill
07-10-2012, 09:50 PM
OK, I guess I understand. No body needs "Bragging Rights" to have a BRF World Record???

Clearly,you guys are serious.

chris3298
07-11-2012, 04:48 AM
one thing is for sure orangebeast is one fast SOB and i sure would love to sneak a gps in his boat to just see how fast LOL and them SRG guys to are dam fast.

ima75man
07-11-2012, 05:11 AM
OK, I guess I understand. No body needs "Bragging Rights" to have a BRF World Record???

ron, i have computer race, the bugtussle boyz and the srg and the s.c. boyz, so far i have meet part of the srg and part of the bugtussle boyz.when we meet in person, it was like old freinds getting together,.. thanks to brf's... boat racing lives on., we take boat boating serious down here.... smack talking and sandbar racing goes hand in hand..

seapro
07-11-2012, 06:17 AM

What has to be done in order to put your name on this brf world record ?

chris3298
07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
ron, i have computer race, the bugtussle boyz and the srg and the s.c. boyz, so far i have meet part of the srg and part of the bugtussle boyz.when we meet in person, it was like old freinds getting together,.. thanks to brf's... boat racing lives on., we take boat boating serious down here.... smack talking and sandbar racing goes hand in hand..

I agree learning from this forum about the boat racing in Bogalusa which now I'm hooked on, if it wasn't for this forum I may have never heard about it. These guys on here i got to meet in person and I agree with ima75man there some of the nicest you will ever meet.
SRG, orangebeast, Nason, Cern Addison and others who I can't remember there names are all very good people.

HTarver
07-11-2012, 08:41 PM
one thing is for sure orangebeast is one fast SOB and i sure would love to sneak a gps in his boat to just see how fast LOL and them SRG guys to are dam fast.

Hey chris, if you think orangbeast is fast wait till septmber 1st when lil blue comes to town! :D:D

chris3298
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey chris, if you think orangbeast is fast wait till septmber 1st when lil blue comes to town! :D:D

lil blue??

HTarver
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
lil blue??

Just the way we like it.....lol

chris3298
07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Just the way we like it.....lol

this is not a 40 merc on your blow dingy is it? lol

bad news racing
07-11-2012, 08:52 PM
this is not a 40 merc on your blow dingy is it? lol

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

HTarver
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Might Be, and its gonna say good news racing on the side of it too. lol Are you gonna have anything at he race in sept. chris?

bad news racing
07-11-2012, 08:57 PM
I hpoe it works out the way you have it planned. I am done for this year torn rotator cuff surgery 24 july 8 to 10 week rehab.
:eek:

HTarver
07-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I hpoe it works out the way you have it planned. I am done for this year torn rotator cuff surgery 24 july 8 to 10 week rehab.
:eek:
Hate to hear that, specially right in the middle of the summer. hope all goes well.

chris3298
07-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Might Be, and its gonna say good news racing on the side of it too. lol Are you gonna have anything at he race in sept. chris?

I'm not sure, I may just keep talkin **** here lol

Something I wanted to do to my boat not sure if I have time to do it for the next race. I know what I run now it's, SLOW

bad news racing
07-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Ishould be able to atleast come to the raceto see your date with the BEAST, watch little red it will sneak up on you.LOL

Chris you should call me.

HTarver
07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Ishould be able to atleast come to the raceto see your date with the BEAST, watch little red it will sneak up on you.LOL

We can't mess with the red rocket, thats one bad boat! After all he is king of the hill! Lol

chris3298
07-12-2012, 05:07 AM

Who is this John or Cern? I should call. Seems like few different people are logging in on this name

orangebeast
07-12-2012, 05:22 AM
Yall just better have the hammer cocked, when the beast hits the water again it will mean business, i have a title to claim from gan green and i have teach bean how to really do a dance!! I should just say the beast will have some moves haha

bad news racing
07-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Who is this John or Cern? I should call. Seems like few different people are logging in on this name

chris , it's John Crowe Mr Cern don' type ; call me 985 515 1663

MWhite
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Yall just better have the hammer cocked, when the beast hits the water again it will mean business, i have a title to claim from gan green and i have teach bean how to really do a dance!! I should just say the beast will have some moves haha
u not in my class beast, i just got a ole fishing boat,,, but im sorry i come over from the mod class and took your crown back to this side of louisiana, its lonely at the top.

MWhite
07-12-2012, 09:06 AM
u not in my class beast, i just got a ole fishing boat,,, but im sorry i come over from the mod class and took your crown back to this side of louisiana, its lonely at the top.
The tarver boys is next. lol

orangebeast
07-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Mr white u are what i call a sneaker haha, i left a plug wire off and u stung me!!! Lol, you have left me no choice but to drag out my fishin boat, i retired it a while back but i guess i gotta clean it up and drag it out!! But first on that list is PAUL, the ole omc gotta get him first

MWhite
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM
ya'll tarver boys r to quiet, ya'll up to something, i may need to do some snooping around and see whats going on behind close doors,,(area 51),, may need to contact my informat,;)

HTarver
07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
ya'll tarver boys r to quiet, ya'll up to something, i may need to do some snooping around and see whats going on behind close doors,,(area 51),, may need to contact my informat,;)

We getting ready to take down the king right now, and from what I hear, mike white is at the top! Lol. We got one for both classes, fishing class and unlimited. Wich one u wont? Lol

MWhite
07-13-2012, 05:25 AM
We getting ready to take down the king right now, and from what I hear, mike white is at the top! Lol. We got one for both classes, fishing class and unlimited. Wich one u wont? Lol
Taking down the king is easyer said than done,, but Im going to start with U,, then glendid lol.;)

HTarver
07-13-2012, 05:34 AM
Im going to start with U. lol.

Well...atleast if u win, you were supposed to win! Lol.

Tarver
07-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Taking down the king is easyer said than done,, but Im going to start with U,, then glendid lol.;)

Don't live out little blue It don't won't to just sit on the bank.

MWhite
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Don't live out little blue It don't won't to just sit on the bank.
O i havent forgot u cody,, got u lined up with the boat of your joyce, lil red, ole gator, cal. rivers finest the yellow jacket and of course me.;)

Tarver
07-13-2012, 08:48 AM
O i havent forgot u cody,, got u lined up with the boat of your joyce, lil red, ole gator, cal. rivers finest the yellow jacket and of course me.;)

Any of the above will be fine with me. It is your choice!!!!!! All in full.

MWhite
07-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Any of the above will be fine with me. It is your choice!!!!!! All in full.
Well heath is my 1st choice i guess,he got on me down there about a month ago and i was in fishing mode, but now i aint, lol,,,,, but u have a selection to choose from in your class.

HTarver
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Well heath is my 1st choice i guess,he got on me down there about a month ago and i was in fishing mode, but now i aint, lol,,,,, but u have a selection to choose from in your class.

You got to wait mike, I have to find A little more somewhere before we hook up. I atleast want to make it a close race! Lol

HankFrazier
07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
You got to wait mike, I have to find A little more somewhere before we hook up. I atleast want to make it a close race! Lol
I found a little more somewhere lol.

MWhite
07-13-2012, 01:08 PM
All man how much time u need,,Ill be grey headed and walking with a cane time u get ready,, im not that fast, u probably got me covered,;):D

MWhite
07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
How sweet it is. lol. me too!!!! didnt know i could do what i did and pick up that much, i should have done this along time ago. ole dad is ready now. yahooooooo.:D

MWhite
07-13-2012, 02:13 PM
hmmmm i have to find out what u and brother doing, i may have to contact the killer on this one,, its been awhile sense ive had to use him to go under cover and find out information.

HTarver
07-13-2012, 02:35 PM

I don't have any idea why the gator boat needs anymore? Lol

russhill
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I had a couple good names for my boats. Titanic, because I knocked the sponsons out and it sank on its maiden voyage.

I thought El Torbalino was cool because I named it after an old unlimited I thought was the fasted boat in the world. I thought it meant tornado, but most people thought it meant toilet seat.

I used to cruise the harbor and look at names. They mostly all sucked: Reel Fun, Happy Hooker, etc. My all time favorite was MY LAST BOAT IV.

HTarver
07-13-2012, 05:13 PM
All man how much time u need,,Ill be grey headed and walking with a cane time u get ready,, im not that fast, u probably got me covered,;):D

now now mike, we all know u will be in that boat running 70mph plus well after ur grey headed and walking with a cain! Lmao!

seapro
07-15-2012, 11:17 PM
I kind think smack boats has a good ring to it name might stick and people will remember it for years

Roy Hodges
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Back in mid 70's, I ( thought I ) came up with a good name for my Sport E boat. My wife SHOT it down . I mean, isn't the "short shaft Hustler" a perfect name for an E tunnel?

MWhite
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
I kind think smack boats has a good ring to it name might stick and people will remember it for years
So this is smack boats now,,,, not smack talk!!!!! what happen with the name change.

Ron Hill
07-17-2012, 07:50 PM
I feel you guys need a name for your racing association. "Smack Boats" has a "ring" to it. You can still talk "Smack"....

But you guys are now "Smack Boats" in my eyes!