PDA

View Full Version : Logo For Los Angeles Speedboat Association

seacow
07-20-2012, 10:57 PM
From the club cover circa, 1963. At that time some of their races were Hansen Dam in LA. That year on the schedule were alky classes M, A, B, C Service hydro and ARR, BRR, CRR, CSR and FRR. Stock classes at Hanson were A, B, C and D hydro. Ah, the good old days!

Roadkill1954
02-25-2013, 07:57 PM
From the club cover circa, 1963. At that time some of their races were Hansen Dam in LA. That year on the schedule were alky classes M, A, B, C Service hydro and ARR, BRR, CRR, CSR and FRR. Stock classes at Hanson were A, B, C and D hydro. Ah, the good old days!

So, I know it's been a while since this was posted, but is anyone still monitoring this thread? I've got some info on the LASA from the late 1960's and early 1970's.

russhill
05-16-2013, 12:09 PM
This thread is named Los Angeles Speedboat Assn LOGO.. No words about the Logo. So I'll add a few words. I don't know when the LASA got started, but it was well before WWII. Its logo was a racy looking (for the time) boat with a wing on the back--no engine. Why a wing? Well, a "speedboat" club had inboard and outboard members. By the time I could remember, late thirties, the LASA was an outboard only club. The LASA did include 3 inboard classes at the Annual Hearst Regatta.