PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Outboard Racing with R/C models

JoS
09-08-2012, 02:27 PM
In November 2010 I have organized a new r/c model racing class in Germany for vintage outboard racing models of the 1930s to 1950s. It's called "152VO" (short for "Vintage Outboard models in the scale 1:5,2"). Last weekend we had our first competition with participants from Germany and Switzerland:

From left to right: 1.) Ozarka Model 60 "Atomite", 2.) Hal Kelly "FooLing", 3.) Hal Kelly "Jinx", 4.) Glen-L "Tunel Mite", 5.) "Minimax", 6-8.) W.D. Jackson "Spitfire", 9.) W.D. Jackson "Dragonfly II", 10.) Speedliner Corsair M-510, 11.) Glen-L "Tunnel Mite", 12.) W.D. Jackson "Blue Streak".

JoS
09-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Some more pics:

Ozarka Model 60 Atomite A-class racer

15'' Kainer steering wheel with 3.5" hub and Quincy V-100 Visu-Matic

3960 kV brushless motor and steering bar (a cowling of the Mercury KG4-H is still missing)

Miss Atomite on the water @ 29,000 rpm

JoS
09-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Speedliner Corsair VO-9 and Blue Streak VO-88:

Spitfire VO-42:

FooLing VO-13:

Jinx VO-131:

JoS
09-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Bluestreak VO-88:

Dragonfly II VO-524:

Tunnel Mite VO-3:

Speedliner VO-9 and Spitfire VO-42:

Atomite VO-5:

Our remote controlled starting clock in the middle of the closed course:

We're looking for more members in every country. Our website (www.152vo.org (http://www.152vo.org)) is only available in German at the moment, but we're hoping to get an English version soon. Meanwhile Google translator may help. We also have a bilingual channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/152vo. We'll add videos of our last meeting and of our new boats within the next few weeks.

We're still looking for more original raceboat plans (e.g. SidCraft, Fillinger, Van Pelt, Switzer, Jacoby, etc.) - maybe anyone here can help us?!

Hope you'll enjoy the photos!
Regards from Germany, Jo

ProHydroRacer
09-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Very kool!

Poco Loco 153
10-12-2012, 05:34 AM
I race Electric rc boats in the US . How big atr these hulls ? Motors size ? How many cells ? beautiful boats , interesting
Thanks , Dick Roberts
Sun City AZ this time of year

Allen J. Lang
10-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Great looking boats. Keep posting.

JoS
10-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Dick,
the boats are built exactly to scale 1/5.2 using the original plans which were published in old american magazines of the 1950's. Many more model pics and all technical data here (http://www.152vo.de/index.php/community/die-152vo-rennboote.html) (click thumbnails to enlarge pics).

You can read everything about our RC racing class here: http://www.152vo.org (sorry, the site is only available in German at the moment, but maybe Google translator will help). Will try to get an additional english version of the website within some months. You'll find some videos of our boats on our youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/152VO (many more videos will follow soon!)

The average length of the hulls is something around 600 mm (24 inches), depending on the plans. The outboarders are strongly modified Graupner GTX 500 and GTX 650, revving at ~30,000 rpm. We'll try other outboarders (e.g. REK, K&B, Hyperformance) next season.Brushless motor sizes vary between 2845 and 3650. LiPo cells from 2S (7.4 V) to 4S (14.8 V), depending on the number of turns / kV of the respective motor. Props are two bladed hydro props with diameters ranging from 29 to 34.5 mm, pitch 1.4. Typical ESC is a watercooled 60 amps type. The hulls are completely made from plywood. Fibre glass and carbon hulls are illegitimate in this class. Building time is about 4 to 6 months, my VO-5 ATOMITE took a bit longer because of the many details.

Our intention is NOT highest possible speed but the most authentic looking speed. The hulls are not too fast, top speed is somewhere around 25-30 mph (for the non-stepped utility hulls). If you drive these hulls faster they start to look unrealistic. At the moment we're only driving utilities, but this winter we start to build stepped hulls and three pointers as well (e.g. the Hal Kelly JUPITER and WETBACK).

SlowBoat510
10-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Now those are fantastic! Nicely done. I'm impressed with the attention to detail. They even have steering bars and cable steering. I really like how the utilities chine turn. I mean, these are so well done that at first, I thought they were full scale!

I'm working on something now. It's not done, but I'll post some pictures on the "RC Race Boats" section of Boatracingfacts. My boat is not anywhere near the quality of these. Again, well done!

I will check and see if I have any plans that you are looking for.

JoS
10-13-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm impressed with the attention to detail. They even have steering bars and cable steering.
Pilot figures are mandatory in our racing class. That's why we had to develop a kind of steering, which leaves enough space in the cockpit. We found out, that the original steering (with ropes and steering bar) works very well in a model, if you use a rope drum on a standard 60° servo. Normal servo arms don't work.

http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/mod_atomite/atomite12.jpg

(From left to right: servo with steering drum, water cooled 60 amps ESC, 2s LiPo battery 4,000 mAh. 2.4 GHz Reciever and antenna is hidden under the deck planking of the cockpit. Rope is 0.4 mm dyneema, steering bar is 2 mm carbon fiber. Motor is a czech MEGA 22/10/3 with 3,960 kV and water cooling, Prop is a three bladed 33mm / pitch 1.4)

I really like how the utilities chine turn. I mean, these are so well done that at first, I thought they were full scale!
... that was our main intention! If you see them all together on the water, it really looks like Winnebagoland 1953. :)

I'm working on something now. It's not done,...
I've just seen your boat, I really like it! Is it the "CabOver" which was published in "Science and Mechanics"?
You'd be an appreciated member in our club! We hope that our rc racing class will become international in the medium turn and that new members from other countries will participate.

I will check and see if I have any plans that you are looking for.
That would help a lot - I'm always looking for old outboard plans from the 1930s through 1950s. Thank you for your help!

Jo

Krazy Karl
10-13-2012, 07:22 AM
I have plans for a Hal Kelly Airborne that I no longer need. You can have then if you would like. Your boats are way cool.
kk

A/B Speedliner
10-13-2012, 09:08 AM
These boats are terrific. Last fall I met Jo in Colonge Germany and he took my wife and I out to a great German beer drinking establishment. I had helped him with a few things during the begining of the model club and found him most pleasant. Any thing we can do to help them would be great.
David
Aeroliner Race Boats, LLC

SlowBoat510
10-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Hello Jo,

My boat is an original design to resemble a 1950's stock outboard hydro. It's intented to resemble a C Stock or D Stock Hydro. I see that your club has utilities (runabouts) and tunnels (tunnel mite), but I didnt' see any hydros. Does your club allow them?

Speaking of the Tunnel Mite, my brother just showed me a construction article on this boat from the August 1974 issue of Popular Mechanics!

Like you, my intent is to create a scale boat instead of a pure speed machine. While my boat is quite fast right now and there is a lot of room for more speed, I'm working more on dialing in the set up and the appearance. I'm running a 2050Kv motor with a 60 amp speed controller with 2 each 2S 4200 Mah LiPo batteries in series (14.8 volts).

Has anyone had any problems with the fabric decking material? So far, mine is holding up just fine.

Bill B.

JoS
10-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Last fall I met Jo in Colonge [...] I had helped him with a few things
David, it was great to meet you and to get so much first-hand information and help. Hope to see you again next time!

I have plans for a Hal Kelly Airborne
Karl, thank you very much. We got most of the Hal Kelly plans from Ed Hatch / www.boatsport.org, but we're still missing BUZZARD and DRY RUN. We're also looking for plans or offset tables of the famous 1930's to 50's outboard racers (like SidCraft, SwitzerCraft, Fillinger, Willis, Speedliner, Champion, etc.) but it seems as if there doesn't exist any further information about these boats today. Our only model of a Speedliner (VO-09 Speedliner Corsair M-510) was a reverse-lofting of David's original boat (http://aeroliner-boats.com).

I see that your club has utilities (runabouts) and tunnels (tunnel mite), but I didnt' see any hydros. Does your club allow them?
Yes, see posting #8, last paragraph.

Speaking of the Tunnel Mite, my brother just showed me a construction article on this boat from the August 1974 issue of Popular Mechanics!
Bill, I'd be very glad if you could send me a copy of this article (photo or scan) via email!

Has anyone had any problems with the fabric decking material?
So far the material seems to be 99% tight. I'm using Oratex antique (http://www.oracover.de/index.php/katalog/nlayer/5129-1-oratex_ul_600.html) on my boat, which is a very realistic looking fabric with hotmelting adhesive on its backside.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
10-14-2012, 08:44 AM
David, it was great to meet you and to get so much first-hand information and help. Hope to see you again next time!

Karl, thank you very much. We got most of the Hal Kelly plans from Ed Hatch / www.boatsport.org, but we're still missing BUZZARD and DRY RUN. We're also looking for plans or offset tables of the famous 1930's to 50's outboard racers (like SidCraft, SwitzerCraft, Fillinger, Willis, Speedliner, Champion, etc.) but it seems as if there doesn't exist any further information about these boats today. Our only model of a Speedliner (VO-09 Speedliner Corsair M-510) was a reverse-lofting of David's original boat (http://aeroliner-boats.com).

Yes, see posting #8, last paragraph.

Bill, I'd be very glad if you could send me a copy of this article (photo or scan) via email!

So far the material seems to be 99% tight. I'm using Oratex antique (http://www.oracover.de/index.php/katalog/nlayer/5129-1-oratex_ul_600.html) on my boat, which is a very realistic looking fabric with hotmelting adhesive on its backside.

Hi JO,

Where did you get the Kainer steering wheel & Quincy throttle. I need both for my Sid-Craft hydroplane model that a friend built for me with my MK55H.

Thanks,
John

JoS
10-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Where did you get the Kainer steering wheel & Quincy throttle.
Hi John,

I've built them myself, using a composite of two layers of polystyrene and a core of carbon fiber. I used carbon because the parts have to be very strong. The driver figures are fastened to them and I don't want to loose a figure on the water because of a broken steering wheel.

First I made a CAD drawing of the original steering wheel and the Visumatic. After that the component parts are milled on a CNC machine, glued together and grinded to shape by hand. Finally base coated and painted with an airbrush. Here are the assembled but unpainted parts:

John Schubert T*A*R*T
10-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Hi John,

I've built them myself, using a composite of two layers of polystyrene and a core of carbon fiber. I used carbon because the parts have to be very strong. The driver figures are fastened to them and I don't want to loose a figure on the water because of a broken steering wheel.

First I made a CAD drawing of the original steering wheel and the Visumatic. After that the component parts are milled on a CNC machine, glued together and grinded to shape by hand. Finally base coated and painted with an airbrush. Here are the assembled but unpainted parts:
Probably a shot in the dark, but could you make one of each for me? If you would, how much to do it?

Thanks,
John

A/B Speedliner
10-16-2012, 11:38 AM
John, You probably have to Jo what scale you need them made to.
David

JoS
10-17-2012, 09:03 AM
...could you make one of each for me?

... tell Jo what scale you need them made to.
Yes, that's the first question. :)
John, I'm always willing to help other model makers. The only constriction is that I don't have an own CNC milling machine. A friend of mine, who's living some hundred miles from here, mills parts for me once or twice a year on his CNC machine. If you can wait I'll ask him next time to mill the component parts of the throttle and the steering wheel in your required scale.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
10-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Yes, that's the first question. :)
John, I'm always willing to help other model makers. The only constriction is that I don't have an own CNC milling machine. A friend of mine, who's living some hundred miles from here, mills parts for me once or twice a year on his CNC machine. If you can wait I'll ask him next time to mill the component parts of the throttle and the steering wheel in your required scale.

Yes, I'm willing to wait. THe scale is 1/8. I've posted a picture of the model for you to see. The steering wheel is just a bunch of pieces put together. I would like an authentic looking steering wheel just as I had when I raced the full sclae Sid-Craft. For some reason I'm not able to manage attachments as I have in the past. If I had your e-mail address I'd send the picyures.

Thanks,
John

JoS
10-17-2012, 02:13 PM
THe scale is 1/8.
Hi John,
ok, the correct size of a 15'' Kainer in 1/8 is 47.6mm diameter. I'll send you a PN with my email address.

Dew1us
10-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Here are the photos of John's Model

JoS
10-18-2012, 07:46 AM
@John / Craig: this is a really beautiful model - looks phantastic! What was the year of contruction of the original? And what do you think about building it to scale 1/5.2 and we'll visit you in the USA and race together? :)

Seriously: I really hope that we get it managed to organize international races within a few years. In fact, today only a few Germans know about outboard racing, although there was a very popular German manufacturer (Dieter König) fifty years ago. The 152VO idea will be published in five articles on the German technical press in the next weeks. This will make the whole subject much more popular.

Craig, do you have offset tables or plans of the Sid Craft? If so: would you be willing to share them with me / our club? The R/C installation will be a bit tricky, but I think it's possible to find enough space for the components in the model.

SlowBoat510
10-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Craig & John, your Sid-Craft is awesome. I remember seeing it posted before and it really motivated me to put my model together.

Here's my model. I drew it up in AutoCAD and had all parts (frames and skins) laser cut. It's 1/4 scale. Although mine is set up for r/c, I'm thinking of making a display model with all the lightening holes, hardware and other details.

www.blackwellracingboats.com

SlowBoat510
10-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Here's another outboard scale model. I built the full size A Stock Runabout in 1992, so I don't think it qualifies as "vintage", but thought you would enjoy it. The model is 1/5 Scale.

JoS
10-21-2012, 03:05 AM
1/5 is very close to our scale 1/5.2 :)
I would not think it is a vintage model, but I like the shape of the modern runabout hulls. Thanks for sharing!

JoS
12-09-2012, 04:03 AM
In December we got the title stories in both german modeling magazines. Meanwhile the old american racing outboards become popular in Europe: 152VO outboard raceboat models are built in the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg and - surprisingly - one model in South Africa.

(Headline translations: "152VO - the new cult" / "Outboard Races of the 1950s with model raceboats")

The boat on the first title is an Ozarka model 60 Atomite (kit boat of the 1950s) and the second one is a Hal Kelly Foo Ling. Both powered by brushless motors (unfortunately model gas engines are not allowed in Germany). Speed ist somewhat around 25 to 30 mph. We don't have a longing for maximum performance, but for realistic looking speed... and these models are already much qicker than the originals (in relation to scale).

Geraghty
12-09-2012, 03:48 PM
In December we got the title stories in both german modeling magazines. Meanwhile the old american racing outboards become popular in Europe: 152VO outboard raceboat models are built in the Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg and - surprisingly - one model in South Africa.

(Headline translations: "152VO - the new cult" / "Outboard Races of the 1950s with model raceboats")

The boat on the first title is an Ozarka model 60 Atomite (kit boat of the 1950s) and the second one is a Hal Kelly Foo Ling. Both powered by brushless motors (unfortunately model gas engines are not allowed in Germany). Speed ist somewhat around 25 to 30 mph. We don't have a longing for maximum performance, but for realistic looking speed... and these models are already much qicker than the originals (in relation to scale).

Where can I obtain copies of the magazines shown or where can I get the scale plans for the models shown on the covers?

JoS
12-10-2012, 05:06 AM
You can find links to all the plans on the 152VO website: http://www.152vo.de/index.php/modelle/boote/modellflatbottoms.html
I will publish PDFs of the two magazine articles on the 152VO website as well (as soon as the magazines are sold out).

Chinewalker
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I would love to find some of the Graupner GTX650 outboards. They are next to impossible to find in the States as Graupner's distributor in the U.S. never seems to have them in stock. I have one, but would love to have a couple more. Or even the GTX 500 or 600....

Here are some pics of the Sid-Craft DU Hornet I am building this winter. It is in 1:6 scale, so it is is pretty close to what you're using... I lofted the lines from the boat my Dad raced, currently on display at the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, NY.

JoS
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Chinewalker, this is a really beautiful boat! I love the lines. Seems as if we had to arrange some common team competitions of european and US outboard racers in the near future. ;-))

The situation with the availability of Graupner outboard motors is nearly the same in Germany: once they're deliverable you have to be quick. But in fact I don't like the plastic Graupners (I have the 480, 500 and 650 GTX). They're not strong enough for BL motors if you don't modify them (teflon liner, bearings). We've now started to use metal lower legs from K&B, OSE and Hyperperformance. Funny that we use american products and you use German products. :-)

Chinewalker
12-20-2012, 11:47 AM
I like the Graupners for the singular reason that they have a fair bit of "scaleness" to them that is lacking with the conversion motors. They're fairly lightweight, too. I like the Aquacraft EP1, but it's HEAVY, as is the Pro Boat outboard. I guess they're all a trade-off at some point...

Thanks!
- Scott

JoS
04-25-2014, 06:29 AM
Meanwhile our 152VO group has grown to nearly 800 members from a dozend countries. Some more pics of last years annual competition (Lake Bigge, North Rhine Westfalia, Germany):

Switzercraft Baby Bullet VO-46 "Kiss of Fire" (1951)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/004.jpg

Pit lane and quartermile course
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/013.jpg

Speedliner Corsair M-510 VO-27 "Maverick" (1965)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/018.jpg

Foo Ling VO-13 "FooLing Yu" (by Hal Kelly, 1956)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/021.jpg

Skeeter (Cottage racer from Science & Mechanics) VO-50 "MaJa" (1956)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/030.jpg

Switzercraft Baby Bullet VO-46 "Loretta" (1951)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/031.jpg

JoS
04-25-2014, 06:30 AM
Hal Kelly Madcap VX-49 "Miss Madness" and Bruce Crandall Flyer VX-45 "Black Arrow" waiting on the starting line
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/035.jpg

Closed course races (15 laps, 5 boats) and marathon races (96 laps, 5 teams with 3 boats each team)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/038.jpg

http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/040.jpg

http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/045.jpg

http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/047.jpg

http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/048.jpg

JoS
04-25-2014, 06:33 AM
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/051.jpg

http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/052.jpg

Starting clock
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/056.jpg

Driver figures are so called "action figures" (this obe still requires a helmet and a life vest)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/058.jpg

We don't like Barbies and Kens in our racing boats! :)
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/059.jpg

JoS
04-25-2014, 06:34 AM
The tent of the racing committee
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/063.jpg

Greetings from the USA
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/065.jpg

Discussing the setup
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/066.jpg

My wife with her new Switzercraft Baby Bullet
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/076.jpg

Lots of boats, chargers and tools
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/085.jpg

JoS
04-25-2014, 06:35 AM
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/086.jpg

Just a few of our boats
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/089.jpg

"Best of the show" winner 2013: Ozarka Model 60 VO-5 "Miss Atomite"
http://www.152vo.de/images/stories/lightbox/treffen_2013/091.jpg

You can find some videos of these boats in action on our 152VO youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/152VO

We're still looking for original vintage racing equipment (Quincy throttle, Kainer steerer, racing propellers, etc.), please see http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?16559-Wanted-Quincy-throttle-Kainer-steerer-other-vintage-outboard-racing-accessories

Andy0558
10-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Just want to add some information. Meanwhile we have more then 900 users, and our annual competition was held with 50 pilots and about 70 boats. A very special launch we had yesterday: a detaild scale model of Marshall Grants "Ring of Fire" based on a drawing from Ralph DeSilva himself, which he sent as a gift 6 months ago. It is scaled down to 1:5.2 powered by a fully functional brushless outboard drive and targeted to a speed of 65 kmh / 40mph.

http://hostarea.de/out.php/i347627_rof-facebbok.jpg

STOYGUY
09-06-2020, 07:15 PM
I am looking to buy an rc boat
dave b.

Mike Crawford
09-08-2020, 11:17 AM
You can go to some R/C boat IMPBA Jim's RCBD (gas) International Water's RC they have things for sale hope this helps

STOYGUY
09-08-2020, 12:02 PM
In November 2010 I have organized a new r/c model racing class in Germany for vintage outboard racing models of the 1930s to 1950s. It's called "152VO" (short for "Vintage Outboard models in the scale 1:5,2"). Last weekend we had our first competition with participants from Germany and Switzerland:

From left to right: 1.) Ozarka Model 60 "Atomite", 2.) Hal Kelly "FooLing", 3.) Hal Kelly "Jinx", 4.) Glen-L "Tunel Mite", 5.) "Minimax", 6-8.) W.D. Jackson "Spitfire", 9.) W.D. Jackson "Dragonfly II", 10.) Speedliner Corsair M-510, 11.) Glen-L "Tunnel Mite", 12.) W.D. Jackson "Blue Streak". is there a site to purchase one of these race boats thank you dave b. barthregal@Hotmail.com

STOYGUY
09-08-2020, 12:03 PM
wanting to purchase an rc race boat thank you dave b. barthregal@Hotmail.com

hotdogx
09-15-2020, 12:19 PM
I've just discovered the 152 VO vintage outboards! Very cool models, and I'd like to build some. Does anyone know where I can get plans for the 1/5.2 scale vintage outboard racers? I'd like to get plans for the Spitfire, FooLing, Corsair M-510, Saucy Shingle, and Kelly Wetback. I found the 152.de website and tried to register with no success - no moderator ever approved my registration. The 152.de website has plans but you can't access them without registering. Hopefully there is another source.

Ketzer
09-15-2020, 02:35 PM
I don't know anything about rc boats, but it would be fun to see some of your pictures of them, as well as the boats in action.

hotdogx
09-15-2020, 10:18 PM
Check page 1 of this thread for pix of scale RC outboards.

Ketzer
09-16-2020, 03:54 AM
Thanks. Great pictures. Appreciated the "Barbies."

Hans69
09-17-2020, 01:03 PM
I've just discovered the 152 VO vintage outboards! Very cool models, and I'd like to build some. Does anyone know where I can get plans for the 1/5.2 scale vintage outboard racers? I'd like to get plans for the Spitfire, FooLing, Corsair M-510, Saucy Shingle, and Kelly Wetback. I found the 152.de website and tried to register with no success - no moderator ever approved my registration. The 152.de website has plans but you can't access them without registering. Hopefully there is another source.

Try again, it should work.
I'm a member. //Hasse.

Hans69
09-17-2020, 01:15 PM
wanting to purchase an rc race boat thank you dave b. barthregal@Hotmail.com

Aeronaut makes a couple that are close, but not allowed to register or race with, but they are realy nice.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Airmarine-Special-Bausatz-Aeronaut-Aero-Naut-Schiff-Boot-RC-NEU-OVP/401373073754?epid=2255304903&hash=item5d73b3115a:g:X2UAAOSwhQhenW9f

https://www.modellers.no/aero-naut/ant305200/aeronaut-spitfire-sportsb%C3%A5t-i-tre-1-5-2

http://www.aero-naut.de/en/products/boats-accessories/boats/

https://www.rbckits.com/shop/scale-outboard-racers.html

And you are welcome. //Hasse.

hotdogx
09-17-2020, 01:48 PM
Try again, it should work.
I'm a member. //Hasse.

I've tried three times but I've never received a reply back from the moderator telling me my account has been activated. Until that happens I am unable to use the 152vo.de website. There is no email contact shown on the website so I don't know who to contact to tell them what my problem is.

hotdogx
09-17-2020, 05:30 PM
Hans69,

Do you have a source for the 152VO plans that are on the 152vo.de website? I want to get plans for the Spitfire; FooLing; Corsair M-510; Saucy Shingle; and Kelly Wetback. I'm hoping plans at 1/5.2 scale already exist for these boats.

Hans69
09-17-2020, 11:19 PM
I've tried three times but I've never received a reply back from the moderator telling me my account has been activated. Until that happens I am unable to use the 152vo.de website. There is no email contact shown on the website so I don't know who to contact to tell them what my problem is.

I have contacted one of the moderators on your behalf.
The plans you are asking for i don't have them.
My first boat i built was the "JINX" and i downloaded original plans and converted them myself to 1/5.2 from svensons.com
Here are the link to that one:http://www.svensons.com/boat/?p=MechanixIllustrated/Jinx

Best regards, Hasse.

hotdogx
09-18-2020, 10:05 AM
Hasse,

Thanks very much for contacting the moderator on my behalf! Hopefully that will work. Your Jinx looks excellent! You did a great job on the plans and construction. The scale motor looks really nice as well. Did you 3D print the motor housing?

Al

Andy0558
09-18-2020, 02:55 PM
Hasse,

Thanks very much for contacting the moderator on my behalf! Hopefully that will work...

Al

Problem has been fixed, Login should work now. So you may introduce yourself to the forum:-)

hotdogx
09-18-2020, 03:59 PM
Problem has been fixed, Login should work now. So you may introduce yourself to the forum:-)

Andy,
Thanks for working on this for me. Unfortunately it still says I am not approved. Perhaps it is a browser issue - I am using Firefox. Should I use Internet Explorer?
Al

Hans69
09-18-2020, 09:31 PM
Andy,
Thanks for working on this for me. Unfortunately it still says I am not approved. Perhaps it is a browser issue - I am using Firefox. Should I use Internet Explorer?
Al

I'm using Firefox, no problem so there is something else going on.
Good that Andy came to the resque.;)
The hood of the outboarder is 3D printed, but i bought it.
There are a couple of outboard hoods/engines that can be 3D printed and hopefully more people be willing to share their files.
This is a Sidcraft Hornet i'm building with an old Merc.

Hans69
09-18-2020, 09:46 PM
The one on the left i bought from a friend in Holland, the one on the right
i have done the 3D printing on but the lower leg is another friends construction.
Beili outboarder same as Kyosho Dolfin i think.
Bullet with a Merc from my friend in Holland.

hotdogx
09-18-2020, 10:00 PM
Hasse,

That Hornet is a nice looking hull; beautiful work! Love those outboards too. If Andy can sort out how to get me access to the 152vo.de website perhaps someone will be willing to share their STL files on some of the outboards so I can make my TFL outboard look more scale when I put it on a 152VO boat.

Al

Hans69
09-22-2020, 12:29 PM
If you look here you got some plans for the fullsize boats, this is where i got my plans for my "JINX" just scale them down to whatever floats your boat;)
http://www.svensons.com/boat/

Hans69
11-28-2020, 06:04 AM
Hasse,

That Hornet is a nice looking hull; beautiful work! Love those outboards too. If Andy can sort out how to get me access to the 152vo.de website perhaps someone will be willing to share their STL files on some of the outboards so I can make my TFL outboard look more scale when I put it on a 152VO boat.

Al

Sooo did you manage to get in on the 152vo.de site????

hotdogx
11-28-2020, 11:00 AM
Unfortunately no. It still says my registration needs to be activated. I'd sure like to get access to that forum and all the information within.

Al

Hans69
12-10-2020, 06:05 AM
Unfortunately no. It still says my registration needs to be activated. I'd sure like to get access to that forum and all the information within.

Al

Hi Al.
Now i have made a question on the 152VO site to see if somebody could help you out.
It realy should not be that difficult.
Best regards, Hasse.

hotdogx
12-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Thanks Hasse! I used their "forgot username and password", and obtained a new username and a new password, but when I used those it still said my registration had not been activated. I'm guessing that there is an administrator who needs to activate my registration, but perhaps he only checks infrequently for new registrations.

Hans69
12-10-2020, 11:26 AM
This is the answer i Got from LEX one of the guys in the HQ.
Please contact him, he speaks exellent English.

"I am also trying for the registration.

If you can PM Hotdogx, you can send him my mail adress and ask him to contact me. I can help him out with the plans for now, so he can start building befor summer is upon us again. :rofl:

(By the way, better not send anyone the link to RBCKits, if you want to stay friends to them anyway .. All of those boats have desigh flaws, and don't run well! I know, I have seen them run"

You got mail hotdogx

hotdogx
12-10-2020, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the help, Hasse! I will send email to Lex.

I hate to read what Lex says about the RBC kits. I have their Saucy Shingle kit and their plans and frames for the FooLing. Perhaps I have wasted my money, and should not build them. It would be interesting to know what the design flaws are. I have only seen videos of the RBC boats and they looked like they ran OK in the videos.

Al

Hans69
12-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Now it seems to work;)

hotdogx
12-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Hasse,

Yes, now I have access to 152VO and also I have corresponded with Lex about plans, so all is well. Thanks very much for your help!

Al