PDA

View Full Version : Early OPC (WOA) Pictures from Robert White

Ron Hill
09-24-2012, 05:18 PM
This is pretty much OPC when it was Outboard Pleasure Craft!

Ron Hill
09-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Patches from COBRA, and the Havasu Classic Outboard World Championships.

Thanks to Robert White's photos.

Ron Hill
09-25-2012, 02:50 PM
These are some random photos, not sure who all the boats belonged to but the yellow #481 is Dave Packer one was from the later 70’s .
We moved to Hawaii in ’73, raced from ’76 until ’80 when the state closed the last place we could race. I was lucky I was able to race for about three years.

Been looking through the forum mostly at the history section and I recognize a lot of names, growing up spent every Thanksgiving at Lake Havasu never missed the Parker 9 hour, Elsinore 500 or a COBRA race. Seemed like as a kid I was either at a boat race or hanging at the boat shop. Things were pretty good back then.

33 was Scotti's 1967 Paris boat, but I think Jimbo may have driven it at the 1968 Parker 9 Hour. We called these Molinari's "High Riders". Without a doubt, the most fun boat to ever drive...They went where you wanted them to go, when you want them to. Big waves, no problem.....

peterse90
10-06-2012, 12:04 PM
These are some random photos, not sure who all the boats belonged to but the yellow #481 is Dave Packer

That sure looks like the Twister Craft "Little Red". I remember reading somewhere that Dave Packer owned it sometime in the late 70's.

I know both Bill Seebold and Bob Spalding drove the Twister Craft in the early 70's when it was one of the Merc factory boats. I was in Peterborough, Ontario 1973 when Bob ran it with a Twister II. I think it was built to go directly up against Jimbo's small Goat Boat.

Lake X Kid
01-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Is that Bob Herring looking at the Merc/Molinari rig with the American flag?

Master Oil Racing Team
01-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Hair looks a little long, but I think you might be right.

BTW have enjoyed all your posts, pictures, and comments immensley