PDA

View Full Version : Augusta Days Duck Boat Race, Augusta, AR

HGipson
12-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Race will be May 25,2014 at Augusta, AR on the White River. Gettin this started up early to get as much participation as we can. We have an annual duck boat race during the Augusta Days Festival every year on Memorial Day. Will be a circle, down/back/down race around 1000' buoys, and 1000' drag race. If enough people come and want to bring any other type of boat like a allison or tunnel boat, they are welcome to if a few show up to make a race. Rules are still being ironed out but will post ASAP. There will be a $20 entry fee per boat, and we are trying to get a few boat manufacturers to sponsor the event this year to get a larger prize pot. We aren't making any money off of this and the entry fee gets thrown into the pot for the winners. As of now we are going to have two seperate divisions. One will be Stock/Factory motor 30hp and below, circle and drag race. 30hp and below Modified/unlimited race for modded motors. Then we will have 40hp and up stock/factory race, and 40hp and up Modified/Unlimited race. By modded we mean anything internally or externally changed from factory specs. If you've got a Tohatsu Mega 50 with 25 decals, you're running with the 40 and up race etc etc. We will check under the cowling before the race to make everyone play equal and fair. Want to get some good folks out to have a good time and there are several sandbars up and down the river to party on after the race or before! Message me for any questions and I'll be happy to help. Should be a great time if we can get more participation this year!

ima75man
12-13-2013, 12:08 PM
how close to nashville,ar.

HGipson
12-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Its East of Searcy about 20 miles on Hwy 64 East. East side of the state. Got a real nice boat ramp and plenty of ground for spectators and parking. Hope to get a buncha people to come up and have a good time.

HankFrazier
12-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Race will be May 25,2014 at Augusta, AR on the White River. Gettin this started up early to get as much participation as we can. We have an annual duck boat race during the Augusta Days Festival every year on Memorial Day. Will be a circle, down/back/down race around 1000' buoys, and 1000' drag race. If enough people come and want to bring any other type of boat like a allison or tunnel boat, they are welcome to if a few show up to make a race. Rules are still being ironed out but will post ASAP. There will be a $20 entry fee per boat, and we are trying to get a few boat manufacturers to sponsor the event this year to get a larger prize pot. We aren't making any money off of this and the entry fee gets thrown into the pot for the winners. As of now we are going to have two seperate divisions. One will be Stock/Factory motor 30hp and below, circle and drag race. 30hp and below Modified/unlimited race for modded motors. Then we will have 40hp and up stock/factory race, and 40hp and up Modified/Unlimited race. By modded we mean anything internally or externally changed from factory specs. If you've got a Tohatsu Mega 50 with 25 decals, you're running with the 40 and up race etc etc. We will check under the cowling before the race to make everyone play equal and fair. Want to get some good folks out to have a good time and there are several sandbars up and down the river to party on after the race or before! Message me for any questions and I'll be happy to help. Should be a great time if we can get more participation this year!
SRG may show up with our gator I mean duck boat.

HGipson
12-19-2013, 09:52 AM
SRG may show up with our gator I mean duck boat.

Y'all come on man! Love to have y'all should be a good time and plenty of sandbars to stop at close by. The borel gator boats will be fine ain't much different than a duck boat. If enough guys show up with the Allison boats or the sort, we will have a race for them as well. PM me for any more info

MWhite
12-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Y'all come on man! Love to have y'all should be a good time and plenty of sandbars to stop at close by. The borel gator boats will be fine ain't much different than a duck boat. If enough guys show up with the Allison boats or the sort, we will have a race for them as well. PM me for any more info
man that sounds like a plan,and lot of fun, might have to make this. but yall will have to put me and gan green in the slow boat class.

HGipson
12-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Yeah y'all are more than welcome to come up the night before and bring campers or whatever and pull up to the house and plug in. Got plenty of room. Ice cold beer/whiskey for supper I imagine! May cook some fish on the sandbar after the race like we did last year. Mike I'm sure y'all will fit in just fine in the modded race y'all will prolly be laughing at us. Gonna be a left turn race down-back-down and then a head to head drag. May have another rally race as well. All up in the air but hopefully we'll get some sponsors from War Eagle, Weldbuilt, Xpress, Waco, and a few more to make it worth y'all's while

MWhite
12-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Yeah y'all are more than welcome to come up the night before and bring campers or whatever and pull up to the house and plug in. Got plenty of room. Ice cold beer/whiskey for supper I imagine! May cook some fish on the sandbar after the race like we did last year. Mike I'm sure y'all will fit in just fine in the modded race y'all will prolly be laughing at us. Gonna be a left turn race down-back-down and then a head to head drag. May have another rally race as well. All up in the air but hopefully we'll get some sponsors from War Eagle, Weldbuilt, Xpress, Waco, and a few more to make it worth y'all's while
Don't know much about that river, hope it don't have any rocks

HGipson
12-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Doesn't have any rocks. Just around the boat landing. It's about 15-20' deep clear water about 100 yards wide where we'll be having the race

MWhite
12-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Doesn't have any rocks. Just around the boat landing. It's about 15-20' deep clear water about 100 yards wide where we'll be having the race

That sounds good. maybe we can come up and run with ya'll

Riverrat001
12-21-2013, 06:34 PM
If I put my shotgun and a dozen decoys in my boat can I say it's a duck boat? lol

HGipson
12-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Hope y'all can make it it'll be a good time. Few of is would like to come down to y'all's race next year.

HGipson
12-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Bring it man!

Cajun Special
12-23-2013, 10:38 PM
I really wanna go this year. Heard I missed out Lon a good time last year. Be great to see a bunch of 40 Mercs!!

glendejd
12-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Dunno about going in a circle my boat has a hard time just going straight!

HankFrazier
12-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Bring it man!
post the rules and classes and some info on what type racing drag ,circle, distance ,boat types. srg is planing on going with about five boats.

reble redneck
12-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm in the mistress is always ready

Riverrat001
12-29-2013, 02:45 PM
post the rules and classes and some info on what type racing drag ,circle, distance ,boat types. srg is planing on going with about five boats.

Hank get the gator boat ready. If nobody else wants to drive it I will.:cool:

HankFrazier
12-30-2013, 09:33 AM
that sounds good to me.

MWhite
12-30-2013, 09:35 AM

That's what im talking about dave. lol

HGipson
01-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Will be posting the rest of the rules at the end of duck season we are going to have a sit down and get everything ironed out. Either looking at down-back-down left hand turn race, or a figure 8 down-back-down with left and right turn whichever everyone would like best. Then the straight drag. May have a relay down-back/down-back again. All races will be 1000' marked w buoys. The motor rules are simple, if the motor has been modified in anyway to raise the stock horsepower, you run in one of the modified classes. And for anyone with a Tohatsu Mega unless we can read the serial number, you will run in the 40 class, and if its been modified above like most have, be fair and run with the big boys.

HGipson
01-02-2014, 07:23 AM
Hank and Mike hope y'all get to make it man. Appreciate all the help y'all gave me on my motor over the past year. I want to see y'all's Borels and Allison roll man YouTube videos just ain't cuttin it I want to see the real deal!

MWhite
01-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Hank and Mike hope y'all get to make it man. Appreciate all the help y'all gave me on my motor over the past year. I want to see y'all's Borels and Allison roll man YouTube videos just ain't cuttin it I want to see the real deal!

We going to try.

HGipson
01-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Only a week of duck killing left so we are going to sit down and get this thing set in stone and post rules to a few forums so everybody that's interested will see what we are gonna have going. May try and cook out on the sandbar depending on the river stage at the time which one we go to. Gonna be a good time a lot of people are talking about it so hopefully there will be abuncha boats!

60mercury
02-07-2014, 10:50 PM
I was just wondering if they had any crawfish in dat riva to bring the skiff up but a few trapsout me.

HankFrazier
03-06-2014, 10:44 AM
the Moss point Miss race has been canceled so SRG is now testing for the AR. race we need to know for sure the length of the drag race.

HGipson
03-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Talked to Hank today and Mike a few days ago. The race is still on and we are going to get all the rules set still been busy with everything else but we have 3 months to go so plenty of time for all that. The river is between 15-75 ft deep and 100-150 yards wide open channel with sandy bottom no rocks besides the ramp. And there's a few crawdads down here but I wouldn't mind getting y'all to bring those good ole LA ones up with ya!!

60mercury
03-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Talked to Hank today and Mike a few days ago. The race is still on and we are going to get all the rules set still been busy with everything else but we have 3 months to go so plenty of time for all that. The river is between 15-75 ft deep and 100-150 yards wide open channel with sandy bottom no rocks besides the ramp. And there's a few crawdads down here but I wouldn't mind getting y'all to bring those good ole LA ones up with ya!!

I was woundering what mod means? Will there be a mod lower unit class ? Because all the serious junkies know the higher is beter. It's just not apples to apples against each other unless the high man gets afaid of heights n chokes up on da throttle !! ;)
La crawfish I could arange dat me . Ps I would be willin to rent a moded lower unit n lite fly wheel to run n join da fun me .
O n what about this nitrous injection behind the carb do at the last 200 feet of race do ? How can I get dat me to try when I loose to the veteran junkies . Cause Mais I ain't scared me it just an engin I can't take it with me when I die . Cho.

HGipson
03-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Mods mean anything done to increase the factory rated power above what it was. Porting, intake, exhaust mainly internal work. Going to have a seperate class for the nitrous boats if they show up because it wouldn't be apples to apples running pump gas vs NOS. But that being said the after party at the sandbar will be all out anybody can run anybody all afternoon. Gonna be there all wkd so anybody wanting to pre run will have plenty of room. I took a few pics of the landing and area where we will be racing 5660656607

HGipson
03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
And we are currently talking about shortening the race to 800' instead of 1000'. Had several guys say they'd rather have 800' so the race wouldn't drag on as long. But we will have it mapped out before the end of the month so everyone can make plans. There's about 2 acres maybe a little more of viewing area for spectators and folks are also welcome to put their boats in and park on the other side of the river and tie off to the trees and watch. Always been a big turn out and hopefully this year will be even better! If everyone shows up it will e a good time guaranteed!

BRzuki
03-10-2014, 07:59 AM
A good time guaranteed...You're starting to sound like Freddy now haha.

800' sounds good to me. Don't matter how fast you are, just how quick you are.

HankFrazier
03-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Mods mean anything done to increase the factory rated power above what it was. Porting, intake, exhaust mainly internal work. Going to have a seperate class for the nitrous boats if they show up because it wouldn't be apples to apples running pump gas vs NOS. But that being said the after party at the sandbar will be all out anybody can run anybody all afternoon. Gonna be there all wkd so anybody wanting to pre run will have plenty of room. I took a few pics of the landing and area where we will be racing 5660656607
we gona show up and we bringing dem nasty bottles wit us that's the only way our stock motors will run.

HankFrazier
03-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Is that part of Arkansas dry?We could alway's drink the moonshine we run in our motor's

MWhite
03-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Is that part of Arkansas dry?We could alway's drink the moonshine we run in our motor's

The more shine i drink the faster i get. lol

HGipson
03-10-2014, 10:54 PM
No our county isn't a dry county there's a liquor store about 1 mile from either boat ramp very convenient ! Haha

Riverrat001
04-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Any updates on this race?

308win-la
04-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Mike, The more shine you drink does not help your sand bar dancing, thats for sure!

HGipson
04-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Same date and only changes I have thought about making is for the turn race, having two sets of buoys so nobody will collide in the turns in a close race like we almost did last year. May run 800' instead of 1000' but we will have it mapped out before too long. Trying to get a few more sponsors and help getting everything setup just right

HGipson
04-04-2014, 02:25 PM
We talked it over today. Same rules apply on the hp classes. Only thing we changed is on the stock motor classes, the boat/motor combo has to be in compliance with the Coast Guard hp restriction on the boat. If its a 25 hp max motor boat, and has a 30-40 hp motor, it will be ran in the modified class, since the stock limit has been exceeded. Had a few guys call and ask if they could run "stock" 25 on 12' boats is the reason we changed it. Modified class will be any motor/boat that exceeds limits or has any motor work that alters it from stock hp. Will still be a 30 and under of both classes, and 40 above of both classes up to 60 for stock since no duck boat is rated for more other than excels. 70 hp and above on any duck boat will run in modified class and there will be a visual inspection before entering the race on all boats. A legal waiver will be signed by all racers to release the Augusta Days personnel from any and all legal responsibility for any accidents or injuries or you will automatically be disqualified. You will also be disqualified if you try and enter a race below your class if you breach the rules in any way. The modified race will be any boat that anyone wants to race up to a motor that began life as a 70 and below with any modifications to original hp or hull hp limit. There will be a meeting at 12 noon on May 25 before the race for all drivers to agree on terms and race platform i.e. Turn race, drag race, rules as far as elimination, pot buy in price, and turn race left or right hand turns or a figure 8 w right and left. If a group of guys want to throw in more money to race against a select group, that will also be discussed at meeting. To eliminate the possibility of collisions, there will be two buoys at each end far enough apart to allow each driver ample space to turn in his lane so nobody gets hurt or ran over. This is for fun so anyone that disagrees with or breaks the rules can stay at the house or enjoy the race from the bank. Any questions just feel free to post or PM me.

HGipson
04-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I've talked to several of the LA boys and it sounds like this race will be a great turn out! It's going to be nice to actually get to meet you guys and see y'all's boats run I've been watching videos of the last year or so. If anyone has any question I can be reached at 870-919-1713. Thanks again for any and all participants!

HGipson
04-29-2014, 09:19 PM
For those of you I haven't spoken to on the phone that may be interested, do y'all have any questions or inquires about the race? Less than a month away now hopefully all goes as planned ! Hope to see everyone there

HGipson
04-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Here are a few pics of both launches marked on map, and the third picture marks the sand bar we will be hanging out at before and after. The Taylor Bay boat ramp also has camp grounds with electricity and plumbing, and 1/2 mile north of the Augusta boat ramp there are motel rooms available. 573025730357304

Riverrat001
04-30-2014, 10:45 AM
What hotels are close and what city are they in?

HankFrazier
05-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Here are a few pics of both launches marked on map, and the third picture marks the sand bar we will be hanging out at before and after. The Taylor Bay boat ramp also has camp grounds with electricity and plumbing, and 1/2 mile north of the Augusta boat ramp there are motel rooms available. 573025730357304
What do ya'll require for driver protection, and whats required to pass inspection on the boats.

HGipson
05-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Just a life jacket and kill switch lanyard for the dryer. The only boats that will be inspected are the stock class to make sure everyone is playing fair. Modified class it doesn't matter. We won't be racing NOS boats against non for the simple fact that it wouldn't be fair at all, but everything else will be setup at the race as far as how we all agree to run. A few of you have talked to me on the phone feel free to pass my number on to anyone else needing to talk. Hope to see all of y'all there

HankFrazier
05-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Just a life jacket and kill switch lanyard for the dryer. The only boats that will be inspected are the stock class to make sure everyone is playing fair. Modified class it doesn't matter. We won't be racing NOS boats against non for the simple fact that it wouldn't be fair at all, but everything else will be setup at the race as far as how we all agree to run. A few of you have talked to me on the phone feel free to pass my number on to anyone else needing to talk. Hope to see all of y'all there
thanks

Riverrat001
05-06-2014, 01:27 PM
So is this going to be a drag race?

Riverrat001
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Like an idle in gear to 800' drag?

HGipson
05-06-2014, 10:34 PM
We are going to have two maybe three different races. Turn race down, back, down. Then we will have a drag race. And if anyone wants we can have a relay type race. Doesn't matter to us either way. All races will be idle in gear starts. Will be a horn blown for go. There is a dock that will have several guys with cameras for close races, along with a diver, ambulance, and game wardens to assist in any accidents if they occur. Here is a video from the race last year
http://youtu.be/EmBhasnJ2gQ

HGipson
05-07-2014, 05:14 AM
Just got off the phone with the Bogalussa boys. I was unaware that some of boats coming can't take off from an idle. So we will make another class for these boats for a 25-30 mph start. If y'all have any more things we need to reiterate on just let me know. 870-919-171three

HankFrazier
05-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Just got off the phone with the Bogalussa boys. I was unaware that some of boats coming can't take off from an idle. So we will make another class for these boats for a 25-30 mph start. If y'all have any more things we need to reiterate on just let me know. 870-919-171three
Hunter whats the water level looking like up there.

HGipson
05-14-2014, 01:31 PM
It's going to be high but the race is still on. May not be any big sandbars out for a big gathering but the area where the crowd sits will be out plenty and we will have a crew sit up river catching any debris floating down to keep it safe. The water will be moving a little faster around 2-3 mph current but it's not going to make a dangerous situation at all. Water being higher will also make it a little safer around the bank because you won't be near as likely to hit any logs or anything that may be on the banks

Kevodaniel
05-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Me and a few buddies are coming up there Saturday round noon 1st time goin looks like it's gonna be a blast is there any directions to the boat ramp just wondering were it is also is there any restrictions on what prop you can run didn't see anything in the rules

ZMenard
05-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Will anyone have gps or a radar gun. I'd like to know the winning speeds of each class.

HGipson
05-16-2014, 10:37 PM
Can run any prop you would like. Classes remain the same. Augusta, AR is te location the white river downtown launch will be the race site. Anyone needing specific locations either contact me or look at google maps or any other internet map it is easy to find. Some folks may have GPS in their rigs to see what the fastest boats are running

genea01
05-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Looks like I may come out of retirement

HGipson
05-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Had a few folks ask about the classes and race in general I wanted to clear up for everybody. The nitrous race boats won't be racing against duck huntin boats for the prize races. I wouldn't mind running against anyone, it's just gas to to me, but most of y'all that I've talked to in person already knew that there would be seperate races for hunting boats and race boats. The turn race will exclude most if not all the race boats that will most likely only drag race anyway. But these rules are flexible because we are meeting two hrs before the race at the launch to iron out anything that needs be. Everyone regardless of class will get a chance to race This is all for fun so I want it to stay that way. Looking forward to meeting all y'all. Let me know if there are any questions

HTarver
05-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Had a few folks ask about the classes and race in general I wanted to clear up for everybody. The nitrous race boats won't be racing against duck huntin boats for the prize races. I wouldn't mind running against anyone, it's just gas to to me, but most of y'all that I've talked to in person already knew that there would be seperate races for hunting boats and race boats. The turn race will exclude most if not all the race boats that will most likely only drag race anyway. But these rules are flexible because we are meeting two hrs before the race at the launch to iron out anything that needs be. Everyone regardless of class will get a chance to race This is all for fun so I want it to stay that way. Looking forward to meeting all y'all. Let me know if there are any questions

I have a question, I plan on trying to make this race next year, What do y'all consider a "duck boat"? Is there any size limit on the boat, does it have to be camoflauge? Not trying to stir anything up, just seeing if my boat would be considered a race boat or duck boat.

HGipson
05-20-2014, 07:28 PM
I may have to change the rules next year to incorporate every type of boat into classes but what I consider a race boat is a small aluminum, wooden, or fiberglass hull that has only one purpose. Our duck boats are 15-16 ft long for te most part, 350-450 lbs 8 deg V hulls and flat bottoms set up for hunting and fishing. Most have from a 25-40 hp motor with gun boxes and other stuff. Originally a buddy of mine started the duck boat race started out as guys that race to duck holes on the swamp every morning get together and see who is the fastest boat/best driver in the turn race. 2 Hard 180 deg turns at each end of a 1000' course. Race drag hulls are designed for strait lines and on plane takeoff from what I've seen and heard so they wouldn't be racing against a duck boat. ESP guys with ported motors w NOS that wouldn't even be any competition. A few of us have ported motors but 60 mph is about all they'll do on a heavy boat like ours. But it's all for fun I don't care to win or lose. Forgot to add camo is not a must have sme guys like Mike have just the base color boats. Still a 1548 duck boat originally

MWhite
05-21-2014, 07:18 PM
I may have to change the rules next year to incorporate every type of boat into classes but what I consider a race boat is a small aluminum, wooden, or fiberglass hull that has only one purpose. Our duck boats are 15-16 ft long for te most part, 350-450 lbs 8 deg V hulls and flat bottoms set up for hunting and fishing. Most have from a 25-40 hp motor with gun boxes and other stuff. Originally a buddy of mine started the duck boat race started out as guys that race to duck holes on the swamp every morning get together and see who is the fastest boat/best driver in the turn race. 2 Hard 180 deg turns at each end of a 1000' course. Race drag hulls are designed for strait lines and on plane takeoff from what I've seen and heard so they wouldn't be racing against a duck boat. ESP guys with ported motors w NOS that wouldn't even be any competition. A few of us have ported motors but 60 mph is about all they'll do on a heavy boat like ours. But it's all for fun I don't care to win or lose. Forgot to add camo is not a must have sme guys like Mike have just the base color boats. Still a 1548 duck boat originally

Wow, boy it Sounds like the rules are changing everyday now,,, right before the races,, I believe this is just for duck boats only racing, 15-16ft long boats,, O well,, Glad to know this now,because this saves 8hours of driving and lots of money on gas,food and rooms. Good luck with the race.

HGipson
05-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Rules are still the same as they have been. Everybody I've talked to agreed that racing a nitrous motor vs non would be a waste time. Everybody is going to get to race regardless of boat/motor/etc. This is a duck boat race but I added the unlimited class for all the drag race/nitrous rigs to run in. Mike your got a duck/fishing boat the same as mine you would be in the same class as the rest of us. The turn race will be for duck boats only because from those of you I've talked to turning wasn't for the fiberglass/wood boats. Were having two totally seperate races. One turn race for whoever wants to enter. And the other is drag race. This is my first go at this so I'm hoping everyone still comes and we can make this thing bigger every year. Far as I know its the only race like this around so I'd like to keep it going. Sure I need help on organizing and setting rules for this thing but I'm just trying to keep classes even enough that nobody completely blown away by the other. Let me know if y'all think I need to include or exclude any of this I wan to accommodate everyone

Cajun
05-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Sounds like good rules, but what do I know. Keep it safe,
D

Cajun
05-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Can't we all just get along?

MWhite
05-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Rules are still the same as they have been. Everybody I've talked to agreed that racing a nitrous motor vs non would be a waste time. Everybody is going to get to race regardless of boat/motor/etc. This is a duck boat race but I added the unlimited class for all the drag race/nitrous rigs to run in. Mike your got a duck/fishing boat the same as mine you would be in the same class as the rest of us. The turn race will be for duck boats only because from those of you I've talked to turning wasn't for the fiberglass/wood boats. Were having two totally seperate races. One turn race for whoever wants to enter. And the other is drag race. This is my first go at this so I'm hoping everyone still comes and we can make this thing bigger every year. Far as I know its the only race like this around so I'd like to keep it going. Sure I need help on organizing and setting rules for this thing but I'm just trying to keep classes even enough that nobody completely blown away by the other. Let me know if y'all think I need to include or exclude any of this I wan to accommodate everyone

Hunter u doing a good job, and i hope its a very successful race for ya'll, u are probably finding out that its not easy trying to put this race on and trying to make everyone happy too, u got your hands full,, but u are doing all u can do, maybe one of these days we can get together and play some on the river. Hope ya'll have a super turn out, good luck and be safe.

HGipson
05-22-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks man just trying to accommodate as many guys as possible. Its a long drive for several of y'all so I wanted it to have a class where y'all could run. I would race anybody, win or lose, money or not, but most folks won't do that I don't guess. It'd be different of we were talking big money racing, but these are tiller handle 25-40 outboards were talking here most ppl w the big motors prolly laugh at us but that's ok. I love it

Cajun
05-23-2014, 07:17 AM
Any guess as to a boat count?
D

bad news racing
05-23-2014, 02:28 PM
We are coming ,if nothing more than supporting boat racing and someone putting on a race .

Bogalusa Boat Club

Bad News Racing

Jonboat
05-23-2014, 08:17 PM
we are coming

We are coming ,if nothing more than supporting boat racing and someone putting on a race .

Bogalusa Boat Club

Bad News Racing

ima75man
05-25-2014, 12:07 PM
hope someone takes pictures or video it would make next year race better. good luck.

MWhite
07-08-2014, 06:15 PM
hope someone takes pictures or video it would make next year race better. good luck.

no videos, pictures,, of arkansas races,, are who won what classes was ever posted on here.

HGipson
07-08-2014, 07:37 PM
I have a few photos of the race and a few buddies have several videos. Some are hard to make out though. I won the turn race, and Kent Foreman's Weldbuilt won the drag race. I'll see if I can post up some of the pics

MWhite
07-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I have a few photos of the race and a few buddies have several videos. Some are hard to make out though. I won the turn race, and Kent Foreman's Weldbuilt won the drag race. I'll see if I can post up some of the pics

post some videos and pictures of races,

MWhite
07-09-2014, 06:18 PM

I didnt know kent had a weldbilt boat. must have been dans boat.

DuckLn
07-09-2014, 07:30 PM
yea lets see it

Jackson
07-11-2014, 05:02 AM
Yep, I bought a weldbuilt to hunt and fish out of finally well and play

MWhite
07-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Looks like I may come out of retirement

Come on out,, we will start planning your next retirement. Lol

HankFrazier
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
looks like i may come out of retirement
geno i heard you was coming out of retirement srg is making plans for your next retirement party.

genea01
07-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Don't worry mike u will be the first to see the back of it

MWhite
07-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Don't worry mike u will be the first to see the back of it

yeah yeah yeah, ive heard all that before, they all say the same thing,,,but when all is said and done all they seen is the a$$ end of me, and putin there boats back on the trailer, u want be any different, ill retire u again just like last time.

genea01
07-15-2014, 02:19 PM
yeah yeah yeah, ive heard all that before, they all say the same thing,,,but when all is said and done all they seen is the a$$ end of me, and putin there boats back on the trailer, u want be any different, ill retire u again just like last time.

You will get a glimps real soon

genea01
07-15-2014, 02:26 PM
geno i heard you was coming out of retirement srg is making plans for your next retirement party.

Hank that goes for you to the knight rider will be back soon

MWhite
07-15-2014, 02:33 PM
You will get a glimps real soon

We'll see!!!

HankFrazier
07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Come the end of September theirs gona be a showdown at SRG headquarters on sabine river all the 3cyl heavy hitters will be invited to come play geneo you gona have to work your way up the list it wont be easy they got some fast boats coming it will be a idle in gear start or on plane start 660 ft no rules other than the length of the course 3cyl 100hp or less and a safe boat no exceptions srg's play day srg's rules run what you brung the exact date is not set in stone yet it should be a lot of fun.

HankFrazier
07-15-2014, 06:30 PM

geneo you and 75man got plenty of time to get ready

ima75man
07-17-2014, 05:24 AM
Hank watch out for what u wish for.if I show up the srg crown will be hanging in my shop.

HankFrazier
07-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Hank watch out for what u wish for.if I show up the srg crown will be hanging in my shop.
you starting to sound like geneo now when we gona stop talking and start racing

ima75man
07-17-2014, 04:48 PM
I let gene0 and kent handle my light work. Ya'll better be working.i hear mike is the man.my spy plane been watching u..

HankFrazier
07-18-2014, 08:31 AM
I let gene0 and kent handle my light work. Ya'll better be working.i hear mike is the man.my spy plane been watching u..
we will see come september who the man is my money ant on geneo or kent

ima75man
07-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Hank u want to send me the srg crown r do I have to come get it. Pencil me in if ya'll want to race

HankFrazier
07-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Hank u want to send me the srg crown r do I have to come get it. Pencil me in if ya'll want to race
75 man please tell me it ant true we heard talk of you gene and kent starting a new race team and are coming to the sabine river to dominate the SRG and TARVER RACING we havent been able to sleep ever seance we heard this.

HankFrazier
07-22-2014, 10:16 AM
75 man please tell me it ant true we heard talk of you gene and kent starting a new race team and are coming to the sabine river to dominate the SRG and TARVER RACING we havent been able to sleep ever seance we heard this.
Killer you in on that two?

ima75man
07-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Hank I don't need anybody to help me
75 man is a one man show. I'm heading to la. At 4 in the morning. Ya'll better hide maybe I can get the killer to show up and video. I hear gene0 and kent guna be holding the crown. Are the Tarver part of the srg. Ya'll need my help? I'm just a phone call away. Out

HankFrazier
07-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Geneo you like Jimmy Hoffa on here one day and then nobody seen or heard from you again.

HankFrazier
07-25-2014, 08:15 AM
Hank I don't need anybody to help me
75 man is a one man show. I'm heading to la. At 4 in the morning. Ya'll better hide maybe I can get the killer to show up and video. I hear gene0 and kent guna be holding the crown. Are the Tarver part of the srg. Ya'll need my help? I'm just a phone call away. Out
75 man its a good thing for you that i am going to work on my houseboat this weekend or i might have road over to the blackwater to do some side by side testing.lol

MWhite
07-25-2014, 09:11 AM
75 man its a good thing for you that i am going to work on my houseboat this weekend or i might have road over to the blackwater to do some side by side testing.lol

Aw, hank I don't think 75man and his team racing of geno and the gang wants to be play, they just went mute all of a sudden.

Lineman2002
07-30-2014, 12:02 PM
When is this race and where I would like too come watch this

Cajun Special
08-02-2014, 03:48 PM
When is this race and where I would like too come watch this

Would be cool:cool:

60mercury
09-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Date time location is corect !

HGipson
10-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Haven't heard about all this ?! So the Lake Charles crew is starting a race gang up?

ima75man
10-02-2014, 12:12 PM
hank my moter guna get a heart replacment,after she's healed up. a little testing and never know where i'll be. coming to get the srg crown and some of that banana puddling. out

HGipson
01-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Haven't been on here in a while just wanted to check in see how all you ole boys are making it down there

MWhite
02-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Haven't been on here in a while just wanted to check in see how all you ole boys are making it down there

Hunter i've heard that there will be no weldbilt boats allowed to run in duck boat races this year,

HGipson
02-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Hunter i've heard that there will be no weldbilt boats allowed to run in duck boat races this year,

We haven't said they couldn't race - just not a gutted out 250# boat against the 400+ lb rigs with floors, liners, marine batteries, and full has tanks. Be like us putting out motor on the Gator boat and racing the weldbuilts. But there are ways around the rule to where we can all race. One boat lose as much weight as we can take out or the welbuilts add a sand bag or two to compensate. I could put my motor on my little 1436 and run 70mph I'm sure but I wouldn't race it against a guy w a full out hunting boat

MWhite
03-01-2015, 02:04 PM
We haven't said they couldn't race - just not a gutted out 250# boat against the 400+ lb rigs with floors, liners, marine batteries, and full has tanks. Be like us putting out motor on the Gator boat and racing the weldbuilts. But there are ways around the rule to where we can all race. One boat lose as much weight as we can take out or the welbuilts add a sand bag or two to compensate. I could put my motor on my little 1436 and run 70mph I'm sure but I wouldn't race it against a guy w a full out hunting boat

Well there isnt any weldbilt boat we got gutted out, there factory fishing boats...( 340lbs),, nothing modified except for the sit being lowered,,,. im not about to load my boat down with sandbags to weight 400 to 500lbs weight that ya'll trying to run.... i just want come race.

HGipson
03-01-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't know what the best way is to set up the rules. We originally just had duck boats w stock motors running for several years. Past two years we've gotten into the nodded up motors running on the same size boats. It's just hard to put money down and you know it ain't apples to apples against a 200lb lighter boat, that's got a LWP and some w nitrous. Be like taking a NASCAR vs a NHRA drag rail. Or a 40 Merc on a hunting rig vs a 250 lb 1/4" plywood tunnel race boat w 90 Yamaha gutted out. We can make more brackets if we have enough attendance. But the guys racing around here won't bother lining up against a full out race hull w a lawn mower battery and 1 gallon of 110 octane and a 140# driver. Be pointless. But in the next few months we may have something we can run against em that'll hang. I figure out motors are the same HP as yalls give or take, just need lighter boats

HankFrazier
03-02-2015, 12:08 PM
I know, i hear what u saying. just run it the way u normally do, dont worry bout us.:)

looks like SRG gona be racing ourself

MWhite
03-02-2015, 04:26 PM
looks like SRG gona be racing ourself

Looks like it, my fishing boat dont weight enough, i dont have a boat to go up there with.

542yamaha40
03-02-2015, 08:22 PM
I wish it wasn't so far for the SGR gang from our races we have 5 races booked an we have classes for everyone 17' boat or less .... Ply wood , hydro,weildbuilt ,nitro . It's gonna be a fun yr .

MWhite
03-02-2015, 08:28 PM
I wish it wasn't so far for the SGR gang from our races we have 5 races booked an we have classes for everyone 17' boat or less .... Ply wood , hydro,weildbuilt ,nitro . It's gonna be a fun yr .
Yep it would be nice

HankFrazier
03-02-2015, 08:30 PM

Where yall at we may make a road trip

MWhite
03-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Where yall at we may make a road trip

They in the carolinas

542yamaha40
03-03-2015, 04:38 AM
July22,23,24 we have a huge 3day event. That would be the one you guys should come . I'm takeing my camper an staying on the camp ground at the race site. Could be a good family vacation it's 25-30mins from myrtle beach. Lots of super fast rigs will be there as well.

HankFrazier
03-03-2015, 07:32 AM
July22,23,24 we have a huge 3day event. That would be the one you guys should come . I'm takeing my camper an staying on the camp ground at the race site. Could be a good family vacation it's 25-30mins from myrtle beach. Lots of super fast rigs will be there as well.

That sounds pretty good

542yamaha40
03-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Hey what kinda rpm are you guys getting out of the 40mercs ? Do they have pretty good hole shot ?

HankFrazier
03-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey what kinda rpm are you guys getting out of the 40mercs ? Do they have pretty good hole shot ?

If you dont mind p.m. me a phone number i would like to talk to you about the race seriously thinking about coming up there Thanks

542yamaha40
03-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Hank call me 843-758-3493 Wes

542yamaha40
03-16-2015, 03:22 PM
If you dont mind p.m. me a phone number i would like to talk to you about the race seriously thinking about coming up there Thanks
You PM box is full I posted my number for you

HGipson
03-21-2015, 09:10 PM
After talking to Mr. Troy,and between the rest of us, we are going to change the rules up to make it the same as yalls rules tha everyone else uses. Going to do it by horsepower, mods, and super mods (nitrous and mods). Run what you brung type of race. We will do a dead stop take off for fishing/hunting wheels and gentlemans start for the cleavers or other surfacing props. We will have a circle (down back down finish) race and drag races.
25-30 hp
40-60 hp
75-100 hp
Stock and Mod - $25 entry fee per event. Unlimited events - you can run in any or all. We will be having it at one of two locations, in close proximity which will be determined a week or so before the race. The two areas are both on white river at Augusta, one is Taylor Bay, w a camp ground and electricity. The other is a big sandbar up River from Taylor bay 4 miles by boat. Both locations are much larger than the narrow part of the channel that has been used before, and will be much smoother. Taylor Bay has zero current and has over a mile of 1/4 mile wide straight away. All boats must be tied up or anchored 10 minutes prior to the start of the event.
Hope to see a few more folks this year. The rules can be modified, but I want it to be more like yalls. We are working on sponsors for the event to make a larger prize pot