PDA

View Full Version : mercury 60hp sea pro trim system help

lcp
03-13-2014, 02:50 AM
hi guy, mi running a mercury 60hp sea pro on a tunnel hull.im using the stock hydraulic powertrim system. can someone teach how to limit the trim out with the stock unit? hope someone will shade a ligth....cheer..... regard david...

lcp
03-14-2014, 08:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows a good way to Have the trim cutout at a predetermined height?
I am trying to setup one of my boats to do a circuit race, this particular hull is very sensitive to excessive trim, so it would be nice if i could leave the corner & just trim up & have it cut out at the right spot. engine is mercury 60hp sea pro on a hoffman 45ss hull.

fs5
03-14-2014, 03:57 PM
have you got a trim gauge mate?
if so just put a mark on it where you like max trim at and stop trimming the motor when you reach it.

lcp
03-14-2014, 06:39 PM
thanks for the reply mate....trim gauge migth be a good idea but my eyes cant focus on the gauge when i make those shape turn......i just wonder how u guy lock up the trim up limit on the stock hydraulic powertrim system.......

Fastjeff57
03-15-2014, 04:26 AM
How about a length of chain to act as a travel stop? You might need to add a spring to its center to keep it from catching on something.

Jeff

lcp
03-15-2014, 08:18 AM
jeff, thanks for the idea.but i think there must be a better way limit the trim up.i was thinking a limit switch.