PDA

View Full Version : Modding a Deflector Motor

doppler491
06-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Is anybody still modding old deflector motors? Or able to use the tips/tricks Quincy Welding came up with all those years ago? Looking to have some work done on a motor of mine... Am not a machinist/welder so can't do the work myself. Any leads appreciated.

champ20B
06-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Is anybody still modding old deflector motors? Or able to use the tips/tricks Quincy Welding came up with all those years ago? Looking to have some work done on a motor of mine... Am not a machinist/welder so can't do the work myself. Any leads appreciated.

Doppler, yes they still race the old merc stuff in A-mod, B-mod, C-mod, D-mod in the U.S.A....

I don't mess with old mercs no more, but I know of someone that may be able to give you a good lead and he likely has parts you may need. Just email your questions to Mike DeLisa on his sight titled: www.outboardparadise.com...

He is a good guy who I have done business with before. I have bought a few parts in the past for restoring motors, and he's top notch and he used to race.

You will get your Email answered pretty quick too... Good luck!!

A/B Speedliner
06-26-2014, 05:21 PM
We have found Doug Kay to a great job for us. View our website at Aeroliner-boats.com to see some of the work he has done. He can be reached at 586-212-5917.

doppler491
06-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys - emails sent.

What were the main tricks used on crossflow motors? Padded heads, megaphones/pipes, and third port?