PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying a boat

aroberts
08-10-2014, 08:29 PM
This is a c class hydro that belonged to Conrad Kersch. I was told it might be a coutts craft boat but I can't find anything to verify that. If anyone could provide any information I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

Robbie

John Schubert T*A*R*T
08-11-2014, 05:26 AM
This is a c class hydro that belonged to Conrad Kersch. I was told it might be a coutts craft boat but I can't find anything to verify that. If anyone could provide any information I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks,

Robbie
Looks like a Coutts, the cowling is just like what he had on his boats. Perhaps Leigh Furnal will chime in as he lived near Jim & raced with him.

aroberts
08-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Here are some more pics. I would definitely like to talk to Leigh Furnal to see if he could give me a little history about Jim Coutts.

LESTER
08-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Great discussion guys. I'm involved in getting a '68 (or thereabouts) Coutts D Stock back on the water & any information about the history of these boats is very much appreciated. Thanks. Lester.

FurnalFlyer
01-16-2020, 03:03 PM
I’ve been looking at this boat (I just found it) and I think it’s a Lundy made in Canada. The cowling has a crease down the middle. The Coutts craft was round that’s why I think it was a Lundy. Mike ran a C for a short time. Early 60 ‘s.

rumleyfips
01-18-2020, 08:33 AM
Mike had custom cast bowhandles saying " Lundy " . It looks like one of those on your boat.

FurnalFlyer
01-18-2020, 08:01 PM
This would be a rare boat he built B and 25ss boats for himself. He also built a J for his boy.