PDA

View Full Version : The Wizard of OZ (JIMBO) is 70 Today

Ron Hill
08-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Back when Jimbo was hurt, 1985, I'd call him about once a month (Phone calls were expensive), many times when I hung up with Jimbo, I didn't think my next month's call would be answered.

Jimbo and Cathy moved back to Needles so Jimbo could die in his home town. After moving home, Jimbo built many RC airpalnes which he crashed becasue his right arm was partially paralyzed and fly air planes with his left arm didn't work too well.

After they removed an 6 inch piece of kevlar from his foot....8 years after the accident and with laser surgery, Jimbo's health improved.

JIMBO TURNED 70 TODAY, NOW HE'S THE SAME AGE AS ME......BUT HE ISN'T AS HANDSOME AS I AM!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE.....YOU ARE STILL ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS!

Master Oil Racing Team
08-15-2014, 06:07 AM
Happy birthday Jimbo.

Don't forget to work on your book.

Next time you talk to Jimbo Ron, tell him I've got photos of him and lots of people he raced with for his book if he needs some.

Doubleeagle
08-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Happy Birthday to one of the best to ever fly a tunnel

John Schubert T*A*R*T
08-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Happy Birthday Jimbo, don't believe Hill's BS about who is better looking, it's me LOL

NERSTROM
08-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Happy Birthday Jimbo, yes we both know Ron and John are full of BS. Take Care.

racnbns
08-17-2014, 09:09 AM
And Wishing You Many More Birthdays!

I always enjoyed it when I would have lunch in the boat shop at OMC with you and the Goat.

Take care of yourself,

Bruce

Steve Pinson
08-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Back when Jimbo was hurt, 1985, I'd call him about once a month (Phone calls were expensive), many times when I hung up with Jimbo, I didn't think my next month's call would be answered.

Jimbo and Cathy moved back to Needles so Jimbo could die in his home town. After moving home, Jimbo built many RC airpalnes which he crashed becasue his right arm was partially paralyzed and fly air planes with his left arm didn't work too well.

After they removed an 6 inch piece of kevlar from his foot....8 years after the accident and with laser surgery, Jimbo's health improved.

JIMBO TURNED 70 TODAY, NOW HE'S THE SAME AGE AS ME......BUT HE ISN'T AS HANDSOME AS I AM!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDE.....YOU ARE STILL ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS! I think both you Ron and Jimbo are still youngsters yet I can remember Paul Kalbe was still running the OMC European Racing operation from Brugge for Charlie Strang and he was 73yrs old then?PS Happy birthday Jimbo must be 35yrs since we spoke?

Powerabout
08-20-2014, 04:04 AM
way to go Jimbo
Hope to shake your hand one day..
Regards
Powerabout