PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Elections: November 1, 2014 at Hill Marine

Ron Hill
09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
The 2014 Annual Meeting of the National Pepper Association will be held at Hill Marine at 10:00 A.M on November 1st, 2014. All National Pepper Association member is good standing (IF you have paid your dues) can vote. Region Chairmen can mail in their vote.

Nominees for 2015:

President: Ron Hill

Vice President: Wayne Baldwin

Finance Chairman: Alan Ishii

Promotion Chairman: Joe Rome

Master Oil Racing Team
10-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I will nominate Bill Van Steenwyk as Head Inspector.

I will also Nominate Ray Rhodda as chief commentator and moderator to cover events.

Ron Hill
10-16-2014, 06:08 PM
You get Ray, and Bill Van in there....I mean, should they be allowed to vote? I think we could let them on the Board, but let them VOTE????

What do our By-Laws say? Or do I, as President just get to do what I want?

Ron Hill
10-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Considering John Riner Woods was the founder of the National Pepper Association, probably we should ask ourselves, "What would Johnny Woods do?"

I was thinking that we really need an Educational Director. Most American don't know they are supposed to unscrew the lid of a paper shaker to spread pepper on their food. An Educational Director, should have a Board seat, but no voting rights.

Master Oil Racing Team
10-17-2014, 07:38 PM
In my opinion only the Board of Directors get the vote, and in that scenario, I am presuming the President, Vice-President and CFO would be on the BOD. That does not mean Joe could not be on the board, only that he would be nominated and elected to that position also, and which I would recommend. As a city council member in Stafford, Texas he was able to use federal grants to get a first class concert hall designed by an architect recommended by Marshall Grant. Musical artists coming to Houston select that as their primary venue.

I would say you Ron, as President, do what you want. You knew Johnny Woods better than us, but I get the idea that he would agree with being firm and taking it in the direction you want.

So I would agree that an Educational Director could be good, and an inspector and public commentator are good, but they do not always need a seat at the board. If you do want them on the board, but no voting rights....so be it! I would just suggest though that if you get an Educational Director it should be someone promoted from the field that has personal experience with peppers, and not an academic that has studied theories about peppers and has tenure and celebrity at a university campus.

Ron Hill
10-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Who is the CFO?

Educational Director: Is this an appointed position.

Master Oil Racing Team
10-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Alan Ishii.....Chief Financial Officer.

Educational Officer. I figured since you thought it might be good......just do a Bill Frances move and proclaim who you want in that position.

Ron Hill
11-01-2014, 10:03 PM
President: Ron Hill

Vice President: Wayne Baldwin

Finance Chairman: Alan Ishii

Promotion Chairman: Joe Rome

Bill Van Steenwyk as Head Inspector.

Ray Rhodda as chief commentator and moderator to cover events.

Educational Officer: Bunker Hill

Congratulations to all our new officers. I look forward to working with you all in this coming "PEPPER" season.

Gene East
11-02-2014, 07:28 AM
I see a couple of my friends are reading this post with me this morning and while we are not "members" I think I speak for the 3 of us, your slate of officers far outclasses what we have in D.C.

Master Oil Racing Team
01-02-2016, 09:42 PM
More than a year has passed since the last slate of candidates were put up for election. Nothing has happed since then. Maybe need to stir things up to get something going.

Ron Hill
01-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Maybe we need a new class chairman? We need some new blood!

2016 nominations are now open!

President:

Vice President:

Finance Chairman:

Promotion Chairman:

Head Inspector:

Chief Commentator and moderator to cover events:

Educational Officer:

New Class Chairman:

I think we need to develop a point system and an event schedule.

Master Oil Racing Team
01-30-2016, 09:05 PM
I was looking back at some of the previous threads regarding the original National Pepper Association when John Rhiner Woods ran it and it was much simpler then. I think too many classes were added, and some that were considered peppers, but who knew that they really were when they consumed them. If they were not registered before the recipe was put together, jumped the gun on being stirred into the pot, or didn't make the heat because they had no heat and couldn't start, then how could they be scored?

I do agree that we need new blood to get this back on track, but I'm not sure of any of the new blood that would read this and want to throw her/his hat into the ring.

I do know though how to stir in new life by nominating Bill VanSteenwyk as President.

I will also nominate Ron Hill as Vice President because he has experience and has the bylaws

Finance chairman...Hillary Clinton....lot's of contacts..big money.....can do it on the internet from public housing.

Promotion chairman Karen Cadle she has lots of good contacts

Head inspector No nomination....too many good ones to choose from

Chief Commentator No need for new blood here. I nominate Ray Rhodda

Educational officer Sounds like beaureaucratic (who can even spell that BS) to me and I say eliminate it.

New Class Chairman Brandon Thirlby (Don't know if he's still racing alky, but is a good one for new blood)