PDA

View Full Version : SST60 Tuner VS Big 75 Stinger tuner

lilwhirlwind
10-10-2014, 03:42 PM
What would be the pros and cons?

LittleCharger
10-11-2014, 04:55 AM
Never compared the two on an actual motor....but the long stinger tuner existed when the sst60 tuner was designed for the 56 so I would thinks they designed it and utilized it on the sst60 as it worked better then what they already had. A number of guys have run the stock 56 tuner cut off to the sst60 tuner length and had great performance. I do think that a round or oval tuner would flow better then a square/rectangle one but for some reason omc always built them square/rectangle whether it was by design or cost efficiency. The yamaha 70ces tuner is oval.

lilwhirlwind
10-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Never compared the two on an actual motor....but the long stinger tuner existed when the sst60 tuner was designed for the 56 so I would thinks they designed it and utilized it on the sst60 as it worked better then what they already had. A number of guys have run the stock 56 tuner cut off to the sst60 tuner length and had great performance. I do think that a round or oval tuner would flow better then a square/rectangle one but for some reason omc always built them square/rectangle whether it was by design or cost efficiency. The yamaha 70ces tuner is oval.

Thanks bud. A lot of good info there

Powerabout
10-17-2014, 02:40 AM
dont forget the sst60 was only designed to work on a tunnel , that means light and low drag