View Full Version : 13' Critchfield and "Adams Marine" 75 Stinger

lilwhirlwind
10-12-2014, 11:50 AM
My little Critchfield. I sure am proud of this little boat. So fun:cool:

LittleCharger
10-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Set up looks great.

The boat looks like a delta to me.

The blue one is what we call a critchfield up here and the white one with an open cockpit a delta

wtsjr66
10-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Looks like the boat Dan Scudder in Daytona had, I bought the other one he had.

Hevi Kevi
10-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Def not a Critch. Delta or Delta copy like LC said. Critchfield in my signature pic. Critchfields, Deltas, Voodoos and Allisons all race in T750 and T850 out here. Nice rig though. Too bad you weren't closer to race it out here.

Kevin

lilwhirlwind
10-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Looks like the boat Dan Scudder in Daytona had, I bought the other one he had.

It is. Would of liked to got the cockpit boat too ! lol

lilwhirlwind
10-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Def not a Critch. Delta or Delta copy like LC said. Critchfield in my signature pic. Critchfields, Deltas, Voodoos and Allisons all race in T750 and T850 out here. Nice rig though. Too bad you weren't closer to race it out here.

Kevin

Thanks for the info !! yeah. Bummer for sure ! wish we had more around my neck of the woods so we could race each other ! lol

lilwhirlwind
10-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Set up looks great.

The boat looks like a delta to me.

The blue one is what we call a critchfield up here and the white one with an open cockpit a delta

Thanks for the info! Been calling this thing a Critchfield lol. Well.. the title says critchfield too but it is also classified as a "homemade" boat so. I guess you can fill that out however! Call it a Skater if I want lol.

That blue one is definitely a critchfield, I though they just made 2. Open cockpit and regular, thank you for clarifying.

WELL here is my little DELTA you GUYS !!

LittleCharger
10-17-2014, 01:46 PM
My son and I each race a delta

lilwhirlwind
10-17-2014, 02:28 PM
My son and I each race a delta

Love these little boats. Wish I had another one or 2 so I could build a little 2 banger like your sons. Really want to build a mod 50 too

champ20B
10-17-2014, 06:46 PM
That Johnson outboard looks mighty interesting. What top speed do you get with this boat Whirlwind?

lilwhirlwind
10-18-2014, 01:51 PM
That Johnson outboard looks mighty interesting. What top speed do you get with this boat Whirlwind?

75 or so. saw 76 on the Gps the other day at the lake but when I was looking at the gps while running it stayed 75. So maybe bumps 76 every once in a while.

Building another one that should make a lot more power. Double barrel engine.

A guy that lives near me has one with a mod 50 on it that runs in the mid 80s. That's what im shooting for

thornl01
10-23-2014, 04:06 AM
Hate to correct you guys, But the White boat could be a Critchfield .

The earlier models that Danny built were open deck like this, I know because I bought one from him (Danny Critchfield) in Jacksonville, in 1979.(Brand new out of the mold)

The cabbed over boats did not appear untill a few years later.

Awfull lot of them were raced down here (NOA) for years.

wtsjr66
10-23-2014, 04:14 AM
I have one also, came from a friend of Dannys in Jax. This boat must be 30+ years old.

LittleCharger
10-23-2014, 05:58 AM

The earlier models that Danny built were open deck like this, I know because I bought one from him (Danny Critchfield) in Jacksonville, in 1979.(Brand new out of the mold)

Interesting...any idea of the differences between them and the Delta then?

hydroyt
10-23-2014, 06:05 AM
here is a old thread from here that has some shots of a open deck critchfeild, was there a older design open deck before this one? http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?11156-13-critchfield

Hevi Kevi
10-23-2014, 07:58 AM

I've seen pictures of the open deck ones before but never seen one in person. I thought it was a little different looking though. I had a Delta here with the exact deck as that one. If you look at the last picture of his boat you can see the rounded bottom corner at the right side of it before it goes up to the deck. The Critchfields have another strake there that points downward.

thornl01
10-23-2014, 12:22 PM
When we raced the open deck boat, the boats had a LOT of aero lift in the nose & most guys would "sharpen the nose" a little to remove some the lift. Saw a lot of these blow over before the "nose Job"

If you look, the cab-over boats have the sharper nose.

Rusty Campbell was pretty much Danny's "house driver" for years, and he had a white open boat w/ the sharpened nose. Also that "POP PIGGOT" horsepower helps a lot.

Rusty was hard to beat in this class.

Flyer
08-24-2015, 11:42 AM