PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon on BRF

Mark75H
10-21-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm tired of seeing pirates scan & photocopy old Merc parts lists and sell them on eBay. There seems to be a steady demand for these parts lists from 1956 and since Merc doesn't seem to care, I'm going to post clear, retouched images of the Mark 20 H, 30 H and 55H Parts lists. You will be able to download and print out better images than the pirates are selling or your friend's can make for you on the office copier :)

Joe Silvestri 36-S
10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks Sam. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread so I can download and print when your done. My dad will really enjoy having these in his collection of owner's manuals and such.

Mark75H
10-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Al Lang has been kind enough to share some very interesting Konig brochures from the late 1950's era. As soon as I get it all scanned, edited, retouched and mailed back to Al, I'll get them up too. Here is a teaser:

Mark75H
10-28-2005, 08:33 PM
more König 1959

Mark75H
10-28-2005, 09:07 PM
copied from the famous MZ racing motorcycle in 1956 or 57
Look closely the ends of the pipes are flat, no rear cone

Master Oil Racing Team
10-29-2005, 11:20 AM
Those are some really crisp and clean images Sam. Good job, and thanks to Al for sending the Konig stuff for you to scan. I noticed that the Konig factory was at a different location in 1958. I wonder when they moved to Freidrich Olbrecht Damm 72?

Mark75H
10-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Konig/Overseas Dealers cover letter 1959

Modhydro Steve
10-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Guys,

Here are some photos of one that I am getting. It is actually mine already, but I need to get it from Canada to Indy or at least the Detroit area. It is supposed to be a "B" stock, but from Sam's posts maybe it is a "C" as it has only one carb? Maybe they changed that later as well. I'm open to any ideas. I'm hoping to have the thing in my hands as soon as possible to figure it all out and get it running. Does anyone have or know of a set of Koning transom clamps that I could use to re-cast?

Thanks

Steve

Mark75H
02-05-2006, 09:53 PM
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2265

I moved the images. Click on the link above to see & download the complete 20H parts list.

Mark75H
02-05-2006, 09:56 PM
PS: I would really like to find a 3 cylinder König powerhead :)

Steve, Königs, like Quincy Loopers, usually have the model stamped on the crankcase halves somewhere near the split. I think I see some numbers under the spark plug wire on the stbd side ... might be them

I have to scan a few more pages of Al's literature, send it back to him, find them all on my computer and get the rest up here on BRF.

Modhydro Steve
02-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Sam,

I have the engine now and am in the process of going through it. It is a B for sure. In talking with Steve Litzell it is probably a 1958 or so. I'd sure like to see some copies of Konig catalogs from that era to see if anything would help define it any better. I've got the crankcase all back together and am polishing out the castings now. Here are a couple of photos.

AOFOffice
02-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Same, Your work is vrey much appreciated. I am going to copy and frame some of these for the AOF office walls. Thanks,
Connie

Allen J. Lang
02-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Steve
Are you going to bring the Konig to Constantine in July for show?
Looks like you did a great job in polishing it. It should take a top
award at the AOMC Super Meet.

Al Lang
Ye Olde Desert Geezer ex racer

Modhydro Steve
02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Al,
It will be there, but not for really for show. I am taking it there to RUN! The way I see things, motor stands are just a place to dry off an engine while you are running another one. I've never really gotten into the judged engine displays. I've seen too many engines condemned to never run again just so they can bring home a ribbon or trophy. Here are a couple of photos of another engine that will be making noise this July.

Steve