PDA

View Full Version : Five angles and a curve.......

Jeff Akers
10-22-2005, 12:07 PM
I faught this little piece of wood lastnight for almost two hours:eek:
cant figure out if it was to much cafine or what:confused:
The Thing is, I made one just like it for the other side first and it only took 10 min to do !
Five sticks of wood and two hours later(shakes head) I finished the other side:eek:

This is the first time during this boat building project that I have cut pieces short over and over again. I think the Five differant angles and that little curve got me:o

My hat is off to you guys that build boats for your self or others.
I know I sure don't look at boats the same anymore !

The first pic is of the little "stick", the second is were it go's in the boat( right rear deck )

mercguy
10-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I faught this little piece of wood lastnight for almost two hours:eek:
cant figure out if it was to much cafine or what:confused:
The Thing is, I made one just like it for the other side first and it only took 10 min to do !
Five sticks of wood and two hours later(shakes head) I finished the other side:eek:

This is the first time during this boat building project that I have cut pieces short over and over again. I think the Five differant angles and that little curve got me:o

My hat is off to you guys that build boats for your self or others.
I know sure don't look at boats the same anymore !

The first pic is of the little "stick", the second is were it go's in the boat( right rear deck )

hey Jeff, I know EXACTLY what you mean! It took me almost an hour myself to cut and fit the outside chine rail on my CSR, after I damaged it at the Nat's............KUDOS to boat builders!!!!!

PS: glad to see ya working on the FEH!

bill boyes
10-22-2005, 12:26 PM
We boats builders make mistakes all the time. I kid you not. Lets see measure twice cut once.