PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws of The Long Island Circuit

dlmurray
01-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Courtesy of Pete Voss5910159102

Allen J. Lang
01-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Hi Diane, we really had fun racing with the EORC. Had some pretty rough water spots to run with the afternoon winds blowing in off the ocean. It was a great bunch of guys and a couple of young ladies in the late 50s and early 60s. The kids ran their home made soap boxes then later moved up to the larger classes. The club did produce a fair amount of national championships in both stock and alkies. Some that come to mind were stock- George Scudder and Howie Pickerell. In pro, were Bill Fales, Dick Scopinich, Bob Hooghkirk, Bob Rusnak and Pete Voss. to bad the Island out grew all the old racing sites. A great loss. Thanks for the posting from I believe Speed & Spray.

dlmurray
01-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Allen, hi. I will see what Pete can dig up so I can post. I know that he has a lot of information from his dad, Herb, as well as all that Pete has collected over the years. All the best.

A/B Speedliner
01-12-2015, 02:17 PM
1969 EORC Roster,
Nick Chapman mentioned in the article is the one that got Alan into Boat Racing. He worked as a salesman at Shirley Long Island, a large land development which our father did all of the surveying and engineering for.