PDA

View Full Version : 2016 DePue Reunion

racingfan1
08-27-2015, 01:33 PM
John Schubert and myself , Dale Hoffert , would like to announce that planning has begun to hold the next Boat Racer Reunion on the evening of Friday July 29th 2016 in DePue. We have decided , after talking to a few of the guys , that in would be in the best interest of everybody if we broke from the usual 5 year interval and have it a 1 year earlier. As in the past there will be a dinner , silent auction items and good old story telling I am sure. We are also working on a couple special auction items that will be announced when they are completed. So set aside the date and we hope to see you there !!!!

Master Oil Racing Team
08-27-2015, 07:50 PM
I will be there Dale. Count on me to help. Joe Rome and I had planned to make a boat racing road trip. Maybe we'll move it back and do it on the way.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
08-28-2015, 05:11 AM
I will be there Dale. Count on me to help. Joe Rome and I had planned to make a boat racing road trip. Maybe we'll move it back and do it on the way.
Will be great to see you both.

F-12
08-28-2015, 05:22 AM
We are in for this one, too........ Let us know what we can do to help......

F-12
08-28-2015, 05:24 AM
We are in for this one, too........ Let us know what we can do to help..........

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-06-2015, 07:00 AM
What's going on, no one interested? Let's get things started so we can see if it's worth putting in all the effort to bring us Old Pharts together once again.

smittythewelder
09-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Dale, at this point in life a five year wait is chancy. I was whining to another old guy about my pore ol' lower back the other day, and he says, "Smitty, you're in the fourth quarter, whatever it is won't last much longer!!"

racingfan1
09-06-2015, 10:09 AM
So Smitty , I guess we can count you in then , right !!!!!!!!!

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Dale, at this point in life a five year wait is chancy. I was whining to another old guy about my pore ol' lower back the other day, and he says, "Smitty, you're in the fourth quarter, whatever it is won't last much longer!!"
Smitty,

WE aren't talking another 5 years, we are setting next year as the date, which is 4 years since the last reunion instead of waiting five years.

Bill Van Steenwyk
09-06-2015, 12:57 PM
What's going on, no one interested? Let's get things started so we can see if it's worth putting in all the effort to bring us Old Pharts together once again.

With as long as it takes me to get ready to do anything anymore, probably a good thing you are starting planning for it now.

That being said, If I am still vertical, and Eileen has not found another husband that could care less about Boat Racing, we will plan on attending.

Either way it is good to plan these closer together, as we won't have as much time to forget the lies that will be told, plus watch the best PRO Series racing put on the planet these days, put on by the premier PRO Series organization, USTS.

DISCLAIMER
(Paid political announcement)

Mike Schmidt
09-07-2015, 04:29 AM
Next year is perfect. I will do my best to round up the crew from the North East. Yale, Snow, Goller, Giles for starters.

Michael

racingfan1
09-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Did anyone like the trivia game we did at the last reunion and is it worth doing again ???

racnbns
09-09-2015, 07:39 AM
TRIVIA!!!

Trivia's about all I've got! Count me in.

Bruce

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-10-2015, 05:32 AM
TRIVIA!!!

Trivia's about all I've got! Count me in.

Bruce
Certainly Bruce, some mornings its tough to remember who we are

gearbox49m1
09-10-2015, 09:14 AM
This is good news! I look forward to this event and will be there. All right Ishii, you need to plan on this . Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Craig Lawrence

Bill Van Steenwyk
09-10-2015, 11:53 AM
This is good news! I look forward to this event and will be there. All right Ishii, you need to plan on this . Anything I can do to help, let me know.

Craig Lawrence

We don't allow no Nascar racers at Boat Racing Reunions, specially those that build cars for Jeffy.

geodavid
09-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Trivia game was the big hit last time Dale! Please do it again. Hey Craig, how about some drugs for the flight? Since I have been called out, I am calling someone else and that is you Original Looper Hooper. You better be there!~

gearbox49m1
09-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Bill, that won't be a problem by the time we have the reunion, he will be long retired.
Alan, just have a couple of margaritas, you will be fine.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Bill, that won't be a problem by the time we have the reunion, he will be long retired.
Alan, just have a couple of margaritas, you will be fine.
You guys all crack me up. Save the drinks for the reunion, I'll buy the first, then it's up to you guys

Bruce Nicholson told me today he'll be there & so will Todd Brinkman

sbirbarie
09-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Gentleman,

I haven't logged on in quite some time but I will plan on being there.

Skip Birbarie

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-19-2015, 04:01 PM
Rebel and I will be there. Also, count us in to help as needed. Not sure Arti has logged in yet, but hopefully if Dick Pond is up to coming, he can bring him. I'll call his wife and see how he is doing. Hope he will come. You ALL crack me up, and always brighten my day. :o
Saw Artie at Depue said he'd be there.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-19-2015, 04:03 PM
Gentleman,

I haven't logged on in quite some time but I will plan on being there.

Skip Birbarie
OH MY GOSH this is like Christmas in late July in Depue. So happy that you will be there Skip. Please bring something for the silent auction.

John

John Schubert T*A*R*T
09-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Leigh,

I see you lurhing here. Why don't you try to attend. Lots of fun, even the Hedlunds plan to attend.

Master Oil Racing Team
09-19-2015, 08:17 PM
Glad to hear all you guys will be there. I think I need an autograph from Skip, and I know I need one from you Karen. And if Dick will be there, let me know. I don't have a picture I took of him, but I make exceptions. I want to find a pic that he can sign for me.

1100r
09-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Wow sounds like this would be a great one to attend.There is also a site on Facebook as well, its under 2016 Depue Boat Racer's Reunion quite a few people and comments there as well to follow. Hoping I can make it but not 100% sure.

Duke Johnson
10-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Duke Johnson S-79 will be there!

racingfan1
12-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Just received a message from Tim Chance and he is interested in doing another special compilation edition of Hydroplane Quarterly for the 2016 Reunion. Thanks Tim , it will make a great edition.

racingfan1
12-19-2015, 11:47 AM
As we begin the planning for the racer reunion , we are looking for items that people might be interested in donating for the silent auction table. Anything you may be willing to part with would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to send me a PM or email at 1daledog1@gmail.com if you are interested.

Master Oil Racing Team
12-19-2015, 03:36 PM
I will be putting together some more binders with copies of my autograph collection again Dale, and I have a lot more new ones to work with. I will probably also have some other stuff, but I will have to sift through to see what that might be. Let you know.

racingfan1
12-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks Wayne , what an awesome start. BTW , check your email.

racingfan1
01-17-2016, 08:09 AM
I am starting to work on a video project for the reunion. If anybody has some pictures , the good old 60's and 70's stuff , you would like to have included in a video that will run during the reunion feel free to email them to me or mail them. There are plenty of good pictures here on BRF , I could copy them and add them , if you don't want me to copy your pictures please let me know. Thank you.

1daledog1@gmail.com

Thanks Dale Hoffert
302 Silver St
Bradford IL 61421

racingfan1
01-17-2016, 11:23 AM
By any chance does anybody have a color picture of Waldman racing on the water from the early 60"s. I need it for a design.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
02-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Brandon Juby & Dick Austin, two of you that I know want to run equipment, I have had a discussion with Todd Brinkman, USTS president who will schedule running of equipment as a special event. You will be allowed to run after a particular days activity, if time permits. It usually does, You will have to join the USTS & probably have to pay some sort of fee for on the water use. If there are others planning on bringing Vintage equipment to the USTS Nationals & the reunion & plan on running equipment, please e-mail me at jschubert19j@gmail.com.

BJuby
02-04-2016, 10:54 AM
In regard to the fee: I would assume this would be like the APBA's one time weekend/event membership? That's fine with me of course. If there come any other details or things we need to do just let me know and I will take care of it.

I can't speak for J-Dub, but he has expressed to me wanting to run as well, I am sure he will see this. :cool:

BJuby
02-04-2016, 10:59 AM
By any chance does anybody have a color picture of Waldman racing on the water from the early 60"s. I need it for a design.

Photo taken by Wayne. Hot Springs 1972. Sorry it's not from the 60s...

ezryder
02-05-2016, 09:16 AM
For sure count me in for the reunion!
George Taylor

racingfan1
02-06-2016, 11:32 AM
2016 DePue Boat Racers Reunion hotel info

DePue Reunion Special Rate

Once again we have chosen the LaQuinta Hotel in Peru as the reunion hotel. The LaQuinta is located at the Peru exit south of Int 80. You must call the hotel direct at 815-224-9000 to book rooms. A block of 30 rooms have been blocked for the attendees. The blocked rooms are doubles and you will need to provide your C.C.# when calling to set up your reservation. The block is for Wed. July 27th - Saturday July 31st , you must set up your arrival and departure dates when calling.

To get the special rate of $79.99 , normal July rate is $124.99 , you MUST mention you are with the " Boat Racers Reuion " group. The block will be held until July 1st and will be extended beyond 30 rooms if filled by July 1st.

racingfan1
02-14-2016, 10:45 AM
]I have received word through an email this morning from Nancy Rahnert that she and her father, Clyde Queen, are planning on attending the reunion in July. Clyde recently had some surgery on his leg and was waiting to see how he felt. Nancy told me he wants to be there and is looking forward to it , as are a lot of people looking forward to seeing Clyde and Nancy.:):):):):)

racingfan1
03-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Registration is now open for the Racer Reunion. The registration form that you need to fill out is attached to this message.

1 - You will need to download the form and print it out. First click on the file below , click open when prompt appears, and print the form. Fill the form out and either mail it with your check or if you use Pay Pal you can mail the form or scan and email it to me. Instruction are also on the bottom of the form. If you need me to mail you a form you can either call me and leave a message or text me at 309-238-8165. Un fortunately I was unable to work out an interactive form. Please contact me if you have any issues.

2 - The reunion hotel is once again the LaQuinta Inn in Peru. It is located just south of I80. You must call the hotel direct at 815-224-9000 and mention the Boat Racers Reunion to get the discounted rate of $79.99/night. There is a block of 30 rooms reserved but that number will be extended if filled by the July 1st deadline.

3 - We are still looking for items for the silent auction which will run all day Friday until the dinner is served. Contact me or John if you have something to donate to the silent auction. There will also be two special live auctions items , stay tuned for detail coming in a few weeks.

4 - In order to get into the "hot pits " during the week you MUST sign the insurance waiver and get a wristband. There can be no exceptions to this rule. Wristbands may be purchased at the DePue Men's Club food shelter and cost $10. This gets you into the pits for the 5 days and also covers your admission to the races on Friday , Saturday and Sunday.

John and I are looking forward to seeing all of you in July. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact John or I.

Take care and see you in July.

Dale Hoffert

racingfan1
03-12-2016, 06:56 AM
For those of you that are going to be bringing something to display please let John know as he is in charge of that. The DePue Men's club will not be doing a carnival this year so we will have the entire street in front of the VFW again to use for that purpose.

ezryder
03-14-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm going to attend the gathering. And I'm planning to display some of my collection
Really looking forward to it!
Can someone inform me of how to reserve a room for my stay. I know from earlier info that there is a motel offering a discount for early reservations. I think the same place I stayed in 2012, but don't remember the name of the motel.
Regards,
George Taylor (APBA # F-23 from the fifties)

racingfan1
03-16-2016, 11:33 AM
George - LA Quinta in Peru is the hotel. Call direct at 815-224-9000 and mention the boat racer reunion to get the discounted rate. Dale

racingfan1
03-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of June 30th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jim X2
Austin , Mike
Austin , Richard
Berry , Tom +1
Bosnich , Paul
Bradley , Charlie
Brinkman Todd & Diane
Cadle , Karen "SIS"
Cooper , Melvyn
Chance , Tim & Ann
Crawford , Mike
Cunningham , Casey
Dewaid , Craig
Donald , Ralph
Everhart , David
Forster , "Wild" Bill
Franck , Joe
Fuchslin , Rich
Harrison , Kay & Lovie
Hawie , RC & Laura O'Connell
Hedlund , Gerry
Hedlund , Ron
Helm , Mike & Sally
Hoffert , Dale
Hooten , David , Daniel , Lisa Pacifico
Hooten , Tommy
Hooten - Adeleke , Lisa
Houghkirk , Cookie
Ishi , Alan
Johnson , Duke
Jones , Mike
Juby , Brandon
Juby , Robert & Miranda
Kalmen , Sharon
Kurps , Bill & Joyce
Lawrence, John & Jon
Litzell , Steve and Connie
Meyer , Mitch
Murray , Diane
Neadeck , Art
Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
Ostergren , Lee
Payn , Terry & Connie
Perry , June
Rodda , Ray
Schmidt , Michael
Schmidt , Eric
Schubert , John
Seebold , Bill
Selland , Dave
Shank , Kristy
Siebring , Rebel
Snow , Brad
Summers , Bruce & Shirley
Suter , Mark & Elaine
Sutter , Lee
Swenson , Carroll & Joan
Syring , Lee
Taylor , George
Van Osdale , Bernie
VanSteenwyk , Bill & Eileen
Voss , Pete
Wagner , Phil & Karen
Wagner , Tim
Wagner , John
Willing , Don
Wilson , Steve
Wilson , Stuart
Winzeler , John
Zambriski , Frank

zul8tr
03-26-2016, 01:30 AM
I'm going to attend the gathering. And I'm planning to display some of my collection
Really looking forward to it!
Can someone inform me of how to reserve a room for my stay. I know from earlier info that there is a motel offering a discount for early reservations. I think the same place I stayed in 2012, but don't remember the name of the motel.
Regards,
George Taylor (APBA # F-23 from the fifties)

George see your PM's Pete

1100r
03-27-2016, 07:51 PM
Dale- I replied to your pm to me from HR on your FB message.I have not seen Bill but will see what I can do for you. Thanks also for the invite as A.Ishii wants me to go as,well. Health reasons for me leave me staying home.

racingfan1
04-17-2016, 10:55 AM
How about this for a silent auction item. A DVD of the CBS broadcast of the 1961 NOA Championships from Minnesota. If you were there it might be a nice item to have !!!!!!

racingfan1
04-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Another silent auction item will be a couple boat racing books with signed Title pages. Here is the title page from Ralph's book that he sent me.

racingfan1
04-23-2016, 10:10 AM
When John and I first announced that we were going to do a reunion this year there was made mention of a couple special items. Well the first one has been completed and here it is. It is scale model Krier runabout made by Mike Krier. The boat is app. 40 inches long and built to scale. It is on swivel base that can rotate 360 degrees. The only varaible left is whether we have it painted or leave it in its natural wood state. Stayed tuned. The plan is to have the drivers in attendance sign the boat and then at the end of the night it will be auctioned off or possible a raffle. I can tell you the second item is a Syd hydro replica and is the works. :cool:

TomAprilsSwitzers
05-05-2016, 12:40 PM
I will try to make it too Dale. I do not know the particulars of your event but did you want boats there on display? And if you guys ever want to join us at the Switzercraft Regatta you are all welcome. Tom Arambasich

racingfan1
05-22-2016, 08:26 PM
Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of May 11. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jim
Cooper , Melvyn
Donald , Ralph
Hoffert , Dale
Johnson , Duke
Kurps , Bill & Joyce
Murray , Diane
Neadeck , Art
Schubert , John
Seebold , Bill
Suter , Mark
Voss , Pete
Wagner , Tim
Wagner , John
Willing , Don

Just a reminder that we need a good count of attendees for the caterer. Please try of get them in by July 8th.

BJuby
06-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Dad and mother sent their form via mail today. I just emailed Dale payment via PayPal and the completed form. Thanks.

Karen Cadle
06-09-2016, 01:09 PM

racingfan1
06-12-2016, 07:11 AM
I am finishing up the video that will run all day Friday inside the VFW. If anybody has any old pictures that you would like added please feel free to email them to me. dhoffert@mchsi.com. Special thanks to Wayne Baldwin , Tom Berry , Karen Cadle , just to mention a few , who have already allowed me to use their pictures I couldn't have done it without you !!!!!!:cool:

racingfan1
06-18-2016, 05:42 AM
Still haven't decided on whether or not to come DePue. Perhaps a discussion on something like this may breakout and you will miss it !!!! These pictures came from the Thirlby boat shop. Thanks Mike !!!!

racingfan1
06-18-2016, 06:05 AM
Who knows , maybe these conversations will happen. These are pictures from The Mark Suter Collection. I had the opportunity to go through Mark's collection on my way home from a vacation. If you ever get the chance I would highly recommend it. If you are a boat racer and it doesn't bring back a memory than something is wrong with you. Mark will be bringing some displays from his collection to show at DePue , want to know which ones , I guess you will have to show up to see.:D:D:D

Al Lang
06-18-2016, 12:16 PM
Yes, Mark has one heck of a display. Looks like he has added a bit more since I was last there. The last AOMC meet of the year is held at his farm and draws people from all over. Can't just spend a short time in his pole barn with all to see. It takes awhile to let it all sink in.

racingfan1
06-21-2016, 06:43 PM
As the 2016 DePue Reunion nears I just wanted to update everybody on dates that are coming up and an option available to all.

1) If you are going to use the reunion hotel you need to make your reservation by July 1st to get our special rate. The LaQuinta in Peru , just south of I-80 , is the hotel will be using again. I called today and they still rooms available in the reserved block. Call the hotel at 815-224-9000 to get the special rate of $79.99 , normal July rate is $124. When making the reservation you need to mention "Boat Racer Reunion " to get the discounted rate. The block runs from Wed July 27th - Sat July 30. All rooms are doubles.

2) We need to receive your registration by July 8th so the caterer can be notified and shirt orders can be placed. I will attach the registration form on the bottom of this message in case you need it.

3) I have been asked by a few people if they can get a t-shirt instead of a polo shirt. I contacted the store and we can get a t-shirt in the same aquatic blue color as the polo shirt , so if you prefer a t-shirt and have already sent in your registration just send me an email at dhoffert@mchsi.com and I will note it on your registration. If you still need to mail your registration you can note t-shirt on the form. I apologize I have not posted the new design as of yet , we are fine tuning the back of the shirt and should have it soon. Below is the front design , the color of the shirt example is not the exact shirt color.

John and I are looking forward to seeing you all in DePue in July.

Dale Hoffert

racingfan1
06-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of June 18th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jim X2
Austin , Mike
Austin , Richard
Berry , Tom +1
Bradley , Charlie
Cadle , Karen "SIS"
Cooper , Melvyn
Crawford , Mike
Donald , Ralph
Harrison , Kay & Lovie
Helm , Mike & Sally
Hoffert , Dale
Houghkirk , Cookie
Ishi , Alan
Johnson , Duke
Juby , Brandon
Juby , Robert & Miranda
Kurps , Bill & Joyce
Lawrence, John
Murray , Diane
Neadeck , Art
Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
Ostergren , Lee
Perry , June
Rodda , Ray
Schubert , John
Seebold , Bill
Selland , Dave
Siebring , Rebel
Suter , Mark
Sutter , Lee
Swenson , Carroll & Joan
Taylor , George
Voss , Pete
Wagner , Phil & Karen
Wagner , Tim
Wagner , John
Willing , Don
Wilson , Steve
Wilson , Stuart
Zambriski , Frank

Here is the updated list of attendees that have registered as of Sunday June 26th. The block of rooms at the LaQuinta will be held to till Friday July 1st and after that it will be the full price of $124 instead of our special of $79. Don't miss out on that deal. If you haven't registered yet , please do so by July 8th so we can notify the caterer and others. Looking forward to seeing you all in DePue!

wsmerriman
06-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Can anyone give me some info about Art Kennedy Sr. and Jr. from St. Louis, Missouri.

Bill Van Steenwyk
06-27-2016, 08:07 PM
I could be mistaken about this, as I did not know them. I only saw Art Jr. race OPC at Winter Park in STL in the late 70's.

I believe at least one if not both are deceased. As I said I could be wrong about this. Bill Seebold is registered for the reunion.

racingfan1
06-28-2016, 03:41 AM
I received a message last night asking if the reunion is still on as it had been cancelled because of low registration. My feeling is if even 30 people want to show up to talk and reminiscence about the past it is a worthwhile venture and any time you can get Alan Ishi to get on an airplane you do it!! The reunion will not be cancelled. I look forward to seeing you all in DePue !!!

racingfan1
07-04-2016, 05:37 AM
Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of June 30th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jim X2
Austin , Mike
Austin , Richard
Berry , Tom +1
Bosnich , Paul
Bradley , Charlie
Brinkman Todd & Diane
Cadle , Karen "SIS"
Cooper , Melvyn
Chance , Tim & Ann
Crawford , Mike
Donald , Ralph
Franck , Joe
Fuchslin , Rich
Harrison , Kay & Lovie
Helm , Mike & Sally
Hoffert , Dale
Houghkirk , Cookie
Ishi , Alan
Johnson , Duke
Jones , Mike
Juby , Brandon
Juby , Robert & Miranda
Kalmen , Sharon
Kurps , Bill & Joyce
Lawrence, John & Jon
Murray , Diane
Neadeck , Art
Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
Ostergren , Lee
Payn , Terry & Connie
Perry , June
Rodda , Ray
Schubert , John
Seebold , Bill
Selland , Dave
Shank , Kristy
Siebring , Rebel
Suter , Mark
Sutter , Lee
Swenson , Carroll & Joan
Taylor , George
Voss , Pete
Wagner , Phil & Karen
Wagner , Tim
Wagner , John
Willing , Don
Wilson , Steve
Wilson , Stuart
Zambriski , Frank
Here is the updated list as of July 4th. Its not to late to join the fun , get your registration in the mail today!!!!!

racingfan1
07-09-2016, 01:08 PM
Here is the list of registrations that have been received as of July 9th. I will update it as registration forms are received.

Aderholdt , Jim X2
Austin , Mike
Austin , Richard
Berry , Tom +1
Bosnich , Paul
Bradley , Charlie
Brinkman Todd & Diane
Cadle , Karen "SIS"
Cooper , Melvyn
Chance , Tim & Ann
Crawford , Mike
Donald , Ralph
Everhart , David
Franck , Joe
Fuchslin , Rich
Harrison , Kay & Lovie
Helm , Mike & Sally
Hoffert , Dale
Houghkirk , Cookie
Ishi , Alan
Johnson , Duke
Jones , Mike
Juby , Brandon
Juby , Robert & Miranda
Kalmen , Sharon
Kurps , Bill & Joyce
Lawrence, John & Jon
Meyer , Mitch
Murray , Diane
Neadeck , Art
Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
Ostergren , Lee
Payn , Terry & Connie
Perry , June
Rodda , Ray
Schubert , John
Seebold , Bill
Selland , Dave
Shank , Kristy
Siebring , Rebel
Suter , Mark & Elaine
Sutter , Lee
Swenson , Carroll & Joan
Syring , Lee
Taylor , George
Van Osdale , Bernie
Voss , Pete
Wagner , Phil & Karen
Wagner , Tim
Wagner , John
Willing , Don
Wilson , Steve
Wilson , Stuart
Zambriski , Frank

Here is the updated list as of Sat. July 9th. If you haven't registered yet there is still time. The caterer said she always figures in a couple extra so feel free to get yours in.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
07-15-2016, 12:35 PM
To everyone who has pre-registered, it appears that we have an issue with the Hotel of choice with special rates. Only 12 rooms have been reserved but over 80 have pre-registered. Would you that are planning on attending please e-mail me where you made your hotel registration. My concern is that you might have reserved a room at the LaQuinta but did not specify the Reunion. So please e-mail if you have a reservation at the LaQuinta, and if you don't can you change your reservation. e-mail jschubert19j@gmail.com

racingfan1
07-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Here is the front and back design for the reunion shirt. Please note the shirt color will be a slightly different shade of blue.

racingfan1
07-17-2016, 06:29 PM
You can add a couple more names to the reunion list as I received registrations from Gerry & Ron Hedlund and Lisa & Tommy Hooten. I will still accept registrations and we ordered a few extra shirts so we can accommodate most sizes , but don't delay , they wont last long.

Gene East
07-18-2016, 05:18 AM
I will be there from Thursday morning till Friday 5:00 PM. I haven't registered because I won't be able to attend the dinner.
I'm looking forward to seeing as many old friends as possible!

racingfan1
07-20-2016, 05:39 AM
You can add Michael and Eric Schmidt , Craig Dewalt , Brad Snow , Casey Cunningham and Wild Bill Forster to the list.

racingfan1
07-20-2016, 10:14 AM
These will be a limited number of this 11x17 poster available at the reunion. $3

racingfan1
07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Just a reminder to all reunion attendees , if you plan to go into the pit area you MUST purchase a wristband and sign the insurance waiver. The wristband also covers your admission to the races on Friday , Saturday and Sunday. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE !!!!!

racingfan1
07-21-2016, 08:25 PM

Aderholdt , Jim X2
Austin , Mike
Austin , Richard
Berry , Tom +1
Bosnich , Paul
Bradley , Charlie
Brinkman Todd & Diane
Cadle , Karen "SIS"
Cooper , Melvyn
Chance , Tim & Ann
Crawford , Mike
Cunningham , Casey
Dewaid , Craig
Donald , Ralph
Everhart , David
Forster , "Wild" Bill
Franck , Joe
Fuchslin , Rich
Harrison , Kay & Lovie
Hedlund , Gerry
Hedlund , Ron
Helm , Mike & Sally
Hoffert , Dale
Hooten , David , Daniel , Lisa Pacifico
Hooten , Tommy
Hooten - Adeleke , Lisa
Houghkirk , Cookie
Ishi , Alan
Johnson , Duke
Jones , Mike
Juby , Brandon
Juby , Robert & Miranda
Kalmen , Sharon
Kurps , Bill & Joyce
Lawrence, John & Jon
Meyer , Mitch
Murray , Diane
Neadeck , Art
Nydahl , Pete & Kelly
Ostergren , Lee
Payn , Terry & Connie
Perry , June
Rodda , Ray
Schmidt , Michael
Schmidt , Eric
Schubert , John
Seebold , Bill
Selland , Dave
Shank , Kristy
Siebring , Rebel
Snow , Brad
Suter , Mark & Elaine
Sutter , Lee
Swenson , Carroll & Joan
Syring , Lee
Taylor , George
Van Osdale , Bernie
Voss , Pete
Wagner , Phil & Karen
Wagner , Tim
Wagner , John
Willing , Don
Wilson , Steve
Wilson , Stuart
Winzeler , John
Zambriski , Frank

Well the list continues to grows as the late registrations continue to come in. We are up to 89 as of Friday July 22nd.

racingfan1
07-28-2016, 06:38 PM
In order to give everyone a chance to make the start of the reunion reception , we will start things at 7pm. I will be at the VFW setting up at 9am and will start checking people in then. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night.

racingfan1
08-01-2016, 02:13 PM
When John asked me if I would help put on the next event after the reunion in 2012 was over I quickly agreed with the stipulation that John stay on board as I felt it still needed a name attached to it that boat racers were familiar with. After all I never raced a boat , although I had the money in hand once and let the left brain - right brain thing discourage me , and most didnt know me til I did the trivia contest in 2012. The first two reunions were great successes and I hope this years event lived up to those. I hope it did and I thank John for his advice and support.

Alan , I thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

We want to thank all who attended and hope you had a good time. I am always open to comments and criticism in order to make future gatherings better than the one before so feel free to let me hear your thoughts.

I need to thank Mike Krier and Mike Schmidt who built and donated the two boats for the raffle and to Bill Seebold , Bruce Summers , Ralph DeSilva , Bernie Van Osdale and Steve Wilson who donated the silent auction items. Nobody profits from the reunions and all profits realized are donated to the "Save Lake DePue Fund " and it appears that they will be getting a donation again this year. Thanks to all who participated and congrats to the winners.

To Karen Cadle , George Taylor , the Juby's , Mark Suter , Bruce Summers and Dick and Mike Austin who brought their vintage equipment and\or inside displays for all of us to enjoy. It was good to wake up the echos on Lake DePue as Goerge and Dick ran their equipment on Friday. I have pictures to post as soon as I get through going over them.

Special thanks to Ray Rodda for being our speaker for the night. Great job as always Ray !!!!!!

If I have forgotten anybody I apologize.

Finally I saw Bill Seebold and Paul Bogosian before they left on Saturday afternoon and had a quick conversation. Bill told me that 4 years is even to long to wait for the next gathering and every three years might be a better time table. They said as long as they are able they will come back for every one. So I am here to announce that you need to mark the calendar for Friday July 26th 2019 for the next DePue Boat Racer Reunion party. I hope to make it bigger and better than ever.

Thank you to those that attended and to those of you that registered but were unable to make the trip your care package will be in the mail soon.

Dale

BJuby
08-01-2016, 03:32 PM
My father and I had an amazing time, while we couldn't keep her fired in the water, meeting all the racers was well worth it. Count us in for the next one!

racingfan1
08-01-2016, 06:35 PM
While I have more pictures to post , I thought I would put this one up first. How is this for a group of great drivers. from left to right , RC Hawie , John Dortch jr , Pete Voss , Bill Seebold , Bruce Nicholson , Steve Litzell , Paul Bogosian , Ralph Donald , Lee Sutter , Rich Krier , Rich Fuchslin , Alan Ishi , Jack Kugler , John Maddrell - not to bad.

Al Lang
08-02-2016, 09:32 AM
Hi Dale, Hopefully things will be much better for the next reunion. This getting old is not for the faint of heart. Wish I could have been there for this one. Great picture of present and ol racers.

racnbns
08-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Dale--
Thank you for all the work you did to put this reunion together. You too John!

In the lower right of your pic. is a man who was tough on the race course. I believe that half of a pic is TOMMY HOOTEN, David Hooten's dad. Both super racers.
Bruce

Steve Litzell
08-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Yes Bruce, you are correct, that is Tommy. The reason for this picture was with the exception of Rc and Little John, These are the guy's that taught me through hard knocks how to race a flat bottom boat the ones missing are not with us any longer except for a few Like Jimmy Aderholt and Melvin Copper, I wanted a shot of us together again, we just were not in boats this time. Steve

1100r
08-03-2016, 08:14 AM
Great picture of all those guys. There are 3 in that picture who tought me so much. Bull moose to me, Krier, and Fuschlin.

racingfan1
08-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Here are some pictures from the Reunion reception on Friday night. A few things I wish I had done , 1) I missed getting a picture of Mark and Elaine Suter and Dick Austin with their displays , 2) taken down the banner a little sooner and have more guys sign it and 3) gotten a picture with John. All in all a fun evening and after talking with Bill Seebold and Paul Bogosian on Saturday afternoon before they left , we agreed that 4 years is even to long as Bill said " we dont see each other near enough ". So save the date , three years from now , Friday July 26th 2019 for the next DePue Racer Reunion.

racingfan1
08-06-2016, 06:31 AM
Here are a few more pictures.

racingfan1
08-06-2016, 06:34 AM
Just a few more!!

racingfan1
08-06-2016, 06:39 AM
I wish I had taken more pictures in general , the night went way to fast !!!!!!!! Thanks to everyone for attending and I look forward to seeing you in 2019 :cool::cool::cool: