PDA

View Full Version : What is a MOD VP bottom...

Ron Hill
12-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Twice today, I was asked that question...and I didn't mention it...

A MOD VP bottom is a tunnel bottom with a center "POD" as deep as or deeper than the two outside runners... Basically, a MOD VP is a TRI HULL!!!!!

Maybe, that is why I like that TRI HULL CLASS....

Looked for my tri hull today, the guy I left it with can't remember where he left it!!!!

RichardKCMo
12-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Twice today, I was asked that question...and I didn't mention it...

A MOD VP bottom is a tunnel bottom with a center "POD" as deep as or deeper than the two outside runners... Basically, a MOD VP is a TRI HULL!!!!!

Maybe, that is why I like that TRI HULL CLASS....

Looked for my tri hull today, the guy I left it with can't remember where he left it!!!!

Pic's worth a 1,000,000 words!!! He He

Ron Hill
12-26-2004, 10:03 AM
I built a 12 foot C runabout for APBA Racing out of glass...she was heavy as al get out, especially in the nose....So, for the second one, I made a Mod VP bottom, and this boat was heavy everywhere....with a 40 Tohatsu and a nose cone with bottomw water pick up, we did lead the first Parker Mini Enduro with this boat...

bathtub888
12-26-2004, 07:35 PM
I built a 12 foot C runabout for APBA Racing out of glass...she was heavy as al get out, especially in the nose....So, for the second one, I made a Mod VP bottom, and this boat was heavy everywhere....with a 40 Tohatsu and a nose cone with bottomw water pick up, we did lead the first Parker Mini Enduro with this boat...

So its a planing hull? how fast did she run with the 40 Tohatsu?