PDA

View Full Version : Armand Hebert

Jeff Lytle
01-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Here's a few pics of Armand I have snagged over the years.
Armand was a Canadian alky hydro driver who was often at US races, and more than often, showed them how it was done!
His engine work was done by Canadian engine masters Chuck and Lou Simon.

Ron Hill
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
I'm at the driver's meeting at Depue. I look at the list for A Hydro. I've been told, by Harry Bartolomei, that ARE MON E. Bear is very fast and a good driver. So, I look the list over and can't find ARE MON E. Bear....Armand Herbert??? I say, who is Armand Herbert? Harry says, "That's French for Are Mon E. Bear."

John Schubert and I drove together in Paris, 1970. They said our name about four times before we figured out it was us. I was RUNG ILL, he was SOHN SHUBEAR!

Great pictures of Armand. I heard he died in a empty swimming pool accident???

Master Oil Racing Team
02-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Armand was a good friend of mine and my Dad. We met him at the NOA World Championships at Forest Lake in 1968. We also met Chuck and Lou Simon there as well. After the Sunday's event was blown out, my Dad offered to put on a race to finish the 2nd half of the World Championships at his place in South Texas. Baldy told Armand he could fly down and we would put him in a boat. He did. And he did well in racing. Have to look it up to see what he did. Armand was one of the racers that you heard was coming to a race even if you didn't know who he was. With the talk.....you knew he was someone to contend with.