PDA

View Full Version : Race lower unit with water pump?

PPRINT
07-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Hello all,
I'm gathering data and parts for an OMC SST45 clone engine that will be mounted on a fabricated tower.

My question is, are there any racing lower units that have provisions for a water pump?
Hoping to find something that has current parts support if possible.

Thank you,
Rob

DeanFHobart
07-15-2018, 04:06 AM
Hello all,
I'm gathering data and parts for an OMC SST45 clone engine that will be mounted on a fabricated tower.

My question is, are there any racing lower units that have provisions for a water pump?
Hoping to find something that has current parts support if possible.

Thank you,
Rob

The 45SS gearcase has a water pump and is available from Sea-Way Marine..... seawaymarine.com and the phone number is there. Talk to Dave Losvar.

PPRINT
07-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the response Dean.

I ran across some older posts that made reference to Seaway possibly having stock on them but was not sure if that still held true today. I will call on Monday and get the current scoop.

This motor will be run on an E-Hydro boat so i was hoping to find something that was a bit lighter and has a better profile. Reverse is not a requirement.

I guess another alternative is to make a subplate between the foot and tower that holds a pump and uses a transom mounted pickup.

Thanks again,
Rob

DeanFHobart
07-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Rob,

Many E Hydro outfits have the 45 SS gear case on them. On an E I would not recommend a lighter unit.

MODIFIEDOUTBOARD
07-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the response Dean.

I ran across some older posts that made reference to Seaway possibly having stock on them but was not sure if that still held true today. I will call on Monday and get the current scoop.

This motor will be run on an E-Hydro boat so i was hoping to find something that was a bit lighter and has a better profile. Reverse is not a requirement.

I guess another alternative is to make a subplate between the foot and tower that holds a pump and uses a transom mounted pickup.

Thanks again,
Rob

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?9841-The-new-Komato-Hatchet-lower-unit&highlight=KOMATO

a 7/8" plate with eccentric counterbore makes a waterpump. See Bass water Pump.