PDA

View Full Version : How to build a One Minute Start Clock ?

curbman
12-23-2018, 09:14 AM
Can anyone here help with this, we would like to build a one min starting clock and need all the information we can get.
Size, best color, etc.

Tell us about your starting system.

Thanks

Ron Hill
12-23-2018, 10:21 AM
Can anyone here help with this, we would like to build a one min starting clock and need all the information we can get.
Size, best color, etc.

Tell us about your starting system.

Thanks

If you email me, ronhill@hillmarine.com, I will send you Dave and Ernie's email address. I don't think I have Steve Wilde's.

What part of the country are you?

My dad made a starting clock about 1964 and hooked up a polaroid camera to it. Before the camera there were no perfect starts, either you were late or you jumped.

He used a Bar-B-Que spit motor and he used a Mark 30-58 timing belt to run the clock's hand. He used the pulley off the mag then made a smaller pulley. He was always pissed up that it was aq 56 second clock. Never was a true
60 clock.

My dad had the cannon hooked up to the clock and it worked great. Until a kid named Danny Hoppenrath, loaded the cannon then stepped in front of it to watch the start and shot himself in the ***.

That was the same weekend, Danny was helping, he was 12-14 maybe, he kept putting rocks in the cannon. I came in from a heat and told the officials, you guys aren't shooting blanks. That is when the found out Danny was putting rocks in the cannon.