PDA

View Full Version : Crescent 500 cs /ss

danish dynamite
07-29-2019, 12:53 PM
Hello everybody,
I hope that someone can help me.
I have got a old vintage race engine, Crescent 500 CS or SS. everything is working and engine is turning.
Got it from my father who was involved i a lot of racing in Germany and Sweden.
My question is: What is such an engine worth nowadays? It is a jewel to collect, I know, but I can´t find any prices.
Anyone out there who can help?

Btw: For the moment t is not planned from my side to sell the engine. :cool:

best regards from Denmark.

danish dynamite
07-29-2019, 03:19 PM
Just got to know from my father that he knows the Ström brothers, Lasse and Lennart. Long time ago, but he remembers them.
maybe Lars Strom could help me here in this thread? :rolleyes:

tlpyamato
07-30-2019, 06:49 AM
Here's a link to an older thread on Crescent 500:

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?16635-Crescent-500-specs

or

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?16635-Crescent-500-specs

John Schubert T*A*R*T
07-30-2019, 08:57 AM
Hello everybody,
I hope that someone can help me.
I have got a old vintage race engine, Crescent 500 CS or SS. everything is working and engine is turning.

Got it from my father who was involved i a lot of racing in Germany and Sweden.
My question is: What is such an engine worth nowadays? It is a jewel to collect, I know, but I can´t find any prices.
Anyone out there who can help?

Btw: For the moment t is not planned from my side to sell the engine. :cool:

best regards from Denmark.
About US $3500. I drove one for Dick O'Dea many times.

danish dynamite
07-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Hi John,
many thanks for your reply.
Are these engines so cheap in the US?
I have asked the same question in a scandinavian forum, and have been told that prices between 12K and 15K should be possible, because engines which was originally built in Sweden are very rare.
Do you have any pics from your boat when you drove that engine?

John Schubert T*A*R*T
07-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Hi John,
many thanks for your reply.
Are these engines so cheap in the US?
I have asked the same question in a scandinavian forum, and have been told that prices between 12K and 15K should be possible, because engines which was originally built in Sweden are very rare.
Do you have any pics from your boat when you drove that engine?
The reason for the low price is because there are no buyers so that is the current estimated value. The only picture that I have is from a printed article. I have scanned it and attached. Quality not that great. If you want more information contact Dick O'Dea who was the Crescent importer & made several modifications as the Crescent manufactured stopped producing some parts. Dick can be reached at rkorace1@aol.com

stingray240cs
11-08-2019, 05:06 AM
Hi, the price 12-15k$ is by far too high. You are right, that there are not so many to find but no one would pay that price. At some European boat races there is a veteran class showing up as well- mostly with old boats in CU, DU, OA, OB, OC, OD category. Some Crescents are racing against Königs there.
I was asked by some of the guys if I would sell mine and the offers are all around 3000€.
Here my one...71918

DeanFHobart
11-14-2019, 10:00 AM
Hi, the price 12-15k$ is by far too high. You are right, that there are not so many to find but no one would pay that price. At some European boat races there is a veteran class showing up as well- mostly with old boats in CU, DU, OA, OB, OC, OD category. Some Crescents are racing against Königs there.
I was asked by some of the guys if I would sell mine and the offers are all around 3000€.
Here my one...71918

Hello stingray240cs,

That is quite a nice collection..... Very cool.