PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognize these boats or where these were taken?

Auglaize99
01-01-2020, 02:57 PM
These are from two negatives and I have no other info. Can anyone tell me anything about these?

largecar91
01-03-2020, 09:39 AM
UU-170 looks to be a Dutchman. The other one maybe Hustler?

Ron Hill
01-03-2020, 03:12 PM
These are from two negatives and I have no other info. Can anyone tell me anything about these?

I have not been to Canton , Ohio since 1967, but the Hustler has two X-115's and they were new in '67. Looks like Canton, as I remember it.

Negative is in backward as he would not be racing that close to the bank going the wrong way!

Auglaize99
01-03-2020, 07:03 PM
I have not been to Canton , Ohio since 1967, but the Hustler has two X-115's and they were new in '67. Looks like Canton, as I remember it.

Negative is in backward as he would not be racing that close to the bank going the wrong way!

This looks safer, but what about the number on the boat?

largecar91
01-04-2020, 08:22 PM
The white boat with the X115's is a Vampire. Pretty sure

Zonker1
01-05-2020, 06:38 AM
The V bottom is a Switzer Supersport. If you look at the picture real close, you can see the Switzer logo near the transom. The picture of the Dutchman was correct in the first picture. He's probably headed for the trailer after the heat. I know the Dutchman, I just can't rattle his name to the front of my brain. He was a local guy from Region 6 in the '68 '69 years. The Switzer is from Wisconsin. If it's Canton OH, it was taken in '68. Both sets of motors are from '68. The '67 Evinrude were a different paint scheme.

Ron Hill
01-05-2020, 06:30 PM
The V bottom is a Switzer Supersport. If you look at the picture real close, you can see the Switzer logo near the transom. The picture of the Dutchman was correct in the first picture. He's probably headed for the trailer after the heat. I know the Dutchman, I just can't rattle his name to the front of my brain. He was a local guy from Region 6 in the '68 '69 years. The Switzer is from Wisconsin. If it's Canton OH, it was taken in '68. Both sets of motors are from '68. The '67 Evinrude were a different paint scheme.

The Dutchman boats were built by Jan Schoonover from Lima, Ohio. Bill Petty owned a Dutchman hull, he was from Ohio, too.

It does not look like Bill Petty for Wapakoneta, Ohio.

X-115 came out in 1967. Pretty sure the OPC Nationals were in Miami in '68 and '69.

About the negative. I wasn't backwards as now the numbers are backward. He must have just been running close to the shore!

I was thinking a Hustler was made by Switzer...but I knew better. It is a Switzer for sure!

Zonker1
01-07-2020, 03:18 AM
I knew Bill Petty and Jan Schoonover. I don't think the driver of the Dutchman is either of them. The name will probably come to me in a few more years.