PDA

View Full Version : What is the Make of This Outboard Runabout?

hotdogx
09-17-2020, 10:46 PM
Can someone tell me what this Class C runabout boat is? I'd like to find a drawing or an offset table so I can make plans for a scale RC model of it. I've seen a number of photos of this design in recent races, but the photos never say what the boat is. It has three turn fins. I love the looks of this design and it appears it would make a great RC model for outboard racing.

Dew1us
09-18-2020, 08:44 AM
It is a C Stock Class Marathon Runabout. I believe that boat is built by Marc Kurz.

hotdogx
09-18-2020, 10:18 AM
Craig,

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find anything about it on Google.

Al

Amod20HRacer
11-20-2020, 11:14 AM
I believe the hull in the picture in a McCourtie boat. The 191M in the second picture is a KurzCraft built by Mark Kurz in Indian River, MI. I can get you in contact with Mark if needed.

Were you ever able to track down any plans? I've always wanted to build a replica of my marathon boat so I'm curious if you've made any progress.

Austin Duggan, 78M

hotdogx
11-21-2020, 07:53 PM
Austin,

No I have not been able to track down any drawings or plans. A scale drawing and offset table would allow one to draw up some model plans, but I'm guessing those companies might consider that stuff proprietary.

Al

Hans69
11-28-2020, 06:02 AM
I believe the hull in the picture in a McCourtie boat. The 191M in the second picture is a KurzCraft built by Mark Kurz in Indian River, MI. I can get you in contact with Mark if needed.

Were you ever able to track down any plans? I've always wanted to build a replica of my marathon boat so I'm curious if you've made any progress.

Austin Duggan, 78M

What boat might that be?
Maybe i can help.
//Hasse.

hotdogx
11-28-2020, 10:55 AM
Hasse,

I'm trying to find scale drawings and offset tables for either of the two boats shown in the photo at the start of this posting - the McCourtie or the Kurzcraft marathon runabouts. I'd like to make a 1/5.2 scale RC model. I tried to join the 152VO Forum here https://www.152vo.de/ but they never would activate my registration so I gave up on that forum. There is a lot of information on that forum that I'd like to see, especially for my other older 1/5.2 scale outboard racers.

Al

Amod20HRacer
01-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Hasse,

I'm trying to find scale drawings and offset tables for either of the two boats shown in the photo at the start of this posting - the McCourtie or the Kurzcraft marathon runabouts. I'd like to make a 1/5.2 scale RC model. I tried to join the 152VO Forum here https://www.152vo.de/ but they never would activate my registration so I gave up on that forum. There is a lot of information on that forum that I'd like to see, especially for my other older 1/5.2 scale outboard racers.

Al

Try reaching out to Mark Kurz for plans for one of his runabouts. His email address is: kampkurz@yahoo.com.

He might be able to help you with what you're looking for. If you get a design for a KurzCraft, please let me know as I race one. I can provide you any pictures you may need of my hull.

Thank you,

Austin Duggan, 78M
austinduggan@gmail.com

hotdogx
01-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Austin,

Thank you for the info and photos offer. I'll let you know if I get a design going. These are great looking boats.

Al Clark