PDA

View Full Version : Ron Hill's Book: Ron Hill Here!

Ron Hill
10-12-2020, 03:46 PM
https://www.lulu.com/en/en/shop/ron-hill/ron-hill-here/paperback/product-vq22k8.html?fbclid=IwAR2r1RwLeQt5_C4m3hNGG4VjKSuzE n2W0XYfM4dZ4W3OpwByHc60oBgHFX4

128 pages of fun reading!

Thanks to Tana Moore, who edited it, the book is complete. All profits from the book will go to Tana Moore's Dog Shelter of choice!

Powerabout
10-12-2020, 05:39 PM
How do I get a signed one?

Ron Hill
10-12-2020, 07:51 PM
I have some coming, I can sign one for you and others...no problem.

NERSTROM
10-13-2020, 06:34 AM
Ron, put me on the list for a signed one. Thanks.

John Schubert T*A*R*T
10-13-2020, 03:18 PM
Ron, put me on the list for a signed one. Thanks.

ME TOO! Should be cheaper with the signature, don't ya think?

Ron Hill
10-13-2020, 03:33 PM
But charge $30 for the autograph! All profits are going to Tana Moore's dog park of choice.

Master Oil Racing Team
10-13-2020, 07:16 PM
I got to have one too. Tell me how much including the shipping and I will send the money. Also make sure you give the address. I couldn't find anything on the link. But I need to figure out if I should put it between Marshall Grant's and Dudley Malone's book, or between both of Ralph DeSilva's books. or between Rusty Rae and Bernie Van Osdale, or Mike Ward, or wait and figure it out after I get Ralph Donald and Billy Seebold's books? (Just hoping for the last two.)

Ron Hill
10-13-2020, 08:18 PM
I got to have one too. Tell me how much including the shipping and I will send the money. Also make sure you give the address. I couldn't find anything on the link. But I need to figure out if I should put it between Marshall Grant's and Dudley Malone's book, or between both of Ralph DeSilva's books. or between Rusty Rae and Bernie Van Osdale, or Mike Ward, or wait and figure it out after I get Ralph Donald and Billy Seebold's books? (Just hoping for the last two.)

I will post Hill Marine's address:

2683 Halladay Santa Ana, CA 92705

$29.95 free shipping......

Rusty Rae once told me if everyone was like me, he'd be a millionaire. I bought more Speed and Spray Books than anyone customer. My school library wore the covers out of several dozen.

But Rusty has become such a LIBERAL PUKE, I don't want my book on the same shelf!

LOVED MARSHALL'S BOOK, especially realizing how he and my father "BONDED" at our house back about 1967. Marshall got my dad using Marine Tech to stuff the case...that black stuff was great. Then, Dudley's book wow! I wish I'd know him better back in the day!

Mike Ward has written a book?

My PAY PAL is RONHILL@HILLMARINE.COM???

Master Oil Racing Team
10-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Mike's is not a real book per se. It's a compilation of UIM World Records from 1938 to 2008, but he keeps adding to it. It has results usually down to four or five places and includes driver, the boat, motor and date and whrre the races were held along with the number of entries and countries participating. It includes the O racing outboards, stock utilities, APBA OPC races, John Ward, Duke of York, Paris 6 Hours, 24hr Rouen , Gold cup with the unlimited among other racing. Has quite a few pictures too. You're in there several times I know of Ron. Havasu, Paris, and John Ward for sure. Mike is always updating it because Jose Mawet burned a bunch of records when they moved UIM headquarters so he is always looking for info to fill in some gaps.

NERSTROM
10-24-2020, 06:07 AM
Ron, my autographed book arrived yesterday. Wonderful reading. As I thumbed through the pages I was saddened that your Dad could'nt read what you wrote.
My childhood was very much like yours doing so much with my Dad, think about him everyday.
"Thanks for the memories"
All the best.

Ron Hill
10-24-2020, 06:15 PM
Ron, my autographed book arrived yesterday. Wonderful reading. As I thumbed through the pages I was saddened that your Dad could't read what you wrote.
My childhood was very much like yours doing so much with my Dad, think about him everyday.
"Thanks for the memories"
All the best.

5 years ago when I started the book, I really hadn't really thought about my dad. As I wrote, and with Tana pointing it out, I never had really ever thought about how close I was with my dad and mom, and how much my dad really had to do with me racing career.

My dad was a good man, I think of him often and often laugh. He had such a great sense of humor.

Thanks, Jim for the kind words also. You were always so good to me when you were with OMC and on my Commission.