PDA

View Full Version : Needles 1923 American LaFrance Fire Truck Restoration: Jimbo and Cathy McConnell

Ron Hill
09-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Needles 1923 American LaFrance Fire Truck Restoration: Jimbo and Cathy McConnell
Marianne Willis Jones Needles 1923 American LaFrance Fire Truck Restoration Group Great News! The first goal is complete. New tires were ordered. A special Thanks goes to Jimbo and Cathy McConnell who donated $1000 and also matched the donations of $680.00 that were recently given. Thank you to all that contributed. The next goal is the engine. We are estimating $5000 to $6000.If you would like to be involved please comment below. Each donation is tax deductible.

Billy B. has offered to paint this fire truck. Ron Hill and Signature propellers helped buy the paint.

What's going on with this project?

Skyskier
04-14-2023, 09:25 AM
Needles 1923 American LaFrance Fire Truck Restoration: Jimbo and Cathy McConnell
Marianne Willis Jones Needles 1923 American LaFrance Fire Truck Restoration Group Great News! The first goal is complete. New tires were ordered. A special Thanks goes to Jimbo and Cathy McConnell who donated $1000 and also matched the donations of $680.00 that were recently given. Thank you to all that contributed. The next goal is the engine. We are estimating $5000 to $6000.If you would like to be involved please comment below. Each donation is tax deductible.

Billy B. has offered to paint this fire truck. Ron Hill and Signature propellers helped buy the paint.

What's going on with this project?

so,....how did / is the restoration coming along ?

Ron Hill
04-14-2023, 08:13 PM
From Face Book

Sorry it's been so long since my last update. I found that age, not taking care of yourself and covid make you think. Made some healthy changes feeling better and here's the update.
Still waiting on parts that were sent to Pennsylvania about 10 months ago. He says the waterpump and starter are done and is currently working on the carburetor and finishing up what's left on the radiator.
He will also be sending a Magneto ours was missing.
So hopefully this summer sometime.
Touch the +8 picture below to see more notes.
If anyone would like to donate go to the main office on 3rd street. If someone want to get involved with this project go to city yard between 9am and 2pm they will get ahold of me if I'm not there. I don't look on this page except when I update.

racnbns
04-16-2023, 07:27 AM
Ron,
Is that Jimbo in the Pic ? We all look different now! My dad had an auto repair shop in the late 20s. The big depression got his business.
Jimbo and Cathy,you both look GREAT!

Bruce

DeanFHobart
04-16-2023, 11:36 PM
Very cool project…..Is that the fire truck that was used in Needles back then?