PDA

View Full Version : Formula250.org is back up :)

Mark75H
11-25-2005, 03:49 PM
http://www.formula250.org/racing/

European racing web site back on line with added security. Contact Steve at admin@formula250.org to sign up, even if you were a member there in the past.

Formula250
02-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Sam,
I can say I have had a nightmare year with regard to the website. 5 x Hacked then my hosting company had forgot to register my name with the domain registrars even though I had paid the 2 year subscription charge. Anyway finally everything is back online, but over the next few months will be a lot of changes to the site. Yes I will still keep the discussion board going for the members and will still keep the added secuity for the board. Discussion boards and web portals are easy targets for the hackers. I still don't understand what pleasure they get from distroying a database. The security that has been introduced is a standard user ID and Password for all, 1 x user ID granted to all. We all use the same to get to the board, so if you know of people that would like to access that part of the site, feel free to give them the User Id and password. I really feel for Dan at Hydroracer.net, as I know he has had the same experiences as me, and believe me, it takes a lot of work to get a site up and running only to have it wiped out.
I've decided to go back to basic's, when I 1st started the site it was my intention to try and do something to promote the sport, list the engine manufacturers, prices, part numbers, props, boats crash helmets, ect. Racing clubs and to create racing reports with pics, that could be used for news papers and things. When I introduced the forum, I tended to move away from the objective of promotiing the sport, and moved more towards a place for drivers to chat.
The new website will just be about promotion and how to start racing and news reports, The site is moving away from traditional HTML coding and going more towards XML and RSS feeds. This gives me the ability to deliver news and information all around the world to all other boating websites, I'll be able to stream news feeds direct to your desktop via :- My Yahoo, My MSN, Google Desktop or a RSS news reader like NewsGator. Other boating websites which are out there will be able to run the news headlines from Formula250.org direct onto their sites, as long as they have an RSS news parser. Even if they don't, I can still send out the news via traditional HTML code within a Java Applet. Sorry for the Techie Speak!!

If you use My Yahoo or My MSN or Google Desktop and would like the news displayed on your main page here is the feed :-
http://feeds.feedburner.com/FormulaSeries

If you run a website, and your interested in syndicating news, or if you would like to submit news stories, history stories ect or if you like to write race reports and would like to submit news feeds direct from word without the technical aspect of coding just drop me an email.

Regards to all Racers and Race Fans in the USA, Sorry for the long post..