PDA

View Full Version : T750 M50D Tohatsu

Powerabout
05-15-2022, 01:30 AM
Just did a weekend in Thailand racing thanks to an invitation from Martin Lai of https://apachampionship.com/
The old guys didnt turn up so I moved up a step or 2.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=asia%20powerboat%20championship

Ron Hill
06-10-2022, 08:36 PM
ROUGH WATER, WIND AND RAIN, THEY RACE! Love it. I'd like to see a roll bar over the driver's head.

How many heats and how far did they race?

Powerabout
06-10-2022, 11:59 PM
ROUGH WATER, WIND AND RAIN, THEY RACE! Love it. I'd like to see a roll bar over the driver's head.

How many heats and how far did they race?

Martin was able squeeze in to the local circuit, so we got a day of free practice then 5 races and 4 on last day i think...
Weather was great, water flat less when the wind came up.
They are quiet lively in the rough and for those with offshore skills get a good advantage.
5 buoy course about a minute lap time.
One long distance race out and round an island 6' plus seas...
I gave up my seat to the APA crew chief in the long race as points didnt count and he won.
All classes less the tunnel boats did a mass beach start for the island race.
Some of the jet skiers back first then a T 750, which are slower, then majority of the jet skiers who looked very tired.

Yes i have been lobbying for a rollbar for a while.
Its a great fun class as stock one design.
All thanks to Martin Lai 's APA who is making an affordable racing class available in Asia.
We are just training up a bunch of Singapore girls, all whom race cars, to have an all girl championship.

Tentative 2022 schedule is another race in Thailand, then Malaysia and then here in Singapore.

DeanFHobart
06-11-2022, 04:05 AM
What is the approximate cost of the boat and motor, in US dollars? Thank you.

Ron Hill
06-11-2022, 08:17 AM
In the United States we would have to use four strokes.

DeanFHobart
06-11-2022, 08:42 AM
In the United States we would have to use four strokes.

What would the cost of the boat be?

Powerabout
06-12-2022, 04:23 PM
What would the cost of the boat be?
I will find out for you
M50D2 tohatsu is 5600 singapore dollars
You can still buy in Asia and UK

DeanFHobart
06-12-2022, 06:30 PM
I will find out for you
M50D2 tohatsu is 5600 singapore dollars
You can still buy in Asia and UK

What is the cost of the boat? Thanks.

Powerabout
06-13-2022, 06:53 AM
What is the cost of the boat? Thanks.

Whilst I am checking the cost I would guess a 20' container asia to USA is probably USD15k+ at the moment, more than the hull cost

DeanFHobart
06-13-2022, 10:27 AM
Whilst I am checking the cost I would guess a 20' container asia to USA is probably USD15k+ at the moment, more than the hull cost

Wow… you are right about that cost. Would anyone know if there is an equivalent similar in design and weight of a US built boat?

Powerabout
06-13-2022, 06:15 PM
Wow… you are right about that cost. Would anyone know if there is an equivalent similar in design and weight of a US built boat?

someone will have the old Critchfield fomula e molds?
USA boats tend to have huge planks so go fast but dont corner compared to euro hulls that dont have planks at all

largecar91
06-14-2022, 04:55 AM
In Canada they run a bunch of the small Deltas, Critchfields in the 750 and 850 class

Stobl
06-15-2022, 10:29 AM

I really wish T750/850 was more popular in the US. The old timers by me have all moved to V&H since they no longer want to kneel down. Having a sitdown, with (seemingly) simplier rules in regards to hull and motor would be great. I'd defintely hop in one.

hydrospeed77
06-16-2022, 06:00 AM
In Canada they run a bunch of the small Deltas, Critchfields in the 750 and 850 class

Yes, yes we do. If anyone is interested in racing in Southern Ontario, please get in touch!

We do have a 50hp Tohatsu powered T750 boat somewhere amongst the racers. Wish we had more boats with that motor running.

Powerabout
06-24-2022, 05:50 PM
Heres's a few t750 tohatsu's racing - can still buy the 50 carby 15" will small case in Asia.
I have raced in HK, Macau, Singapore, Thailand
https://apachampionship.com/

Ron Hill
06-25-2022, 08:41 AM
Powerabout, in California you can't buy a two stroke "Weed Eater". Everything has to erecctric so we won't have global warming. We can buy used two strokes....

That three banger with the small gearcases sound inviting.

Powerabout
06-25-2022, 04:54 PM
Powerabout, in California you can't buy a two stroke "Weed Eater". Everything has to erecctric so we won't have global warming. We can buy used two strokes....

That three banger with the small gearcases sound inviting.

Do you have thundercats down there most have/had Tohatsu 50 in the stock class from years ago?
https://www.ibr.us/

Ron Hill
06-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Greg Foster has one and we have one. Ours is still in a box. I bought a two stroke 50 Merc but it is too heavy, just made a deal on two 50 Yamaha's.

Powerabout
06-26-2022, 04:24 PM
Greg Foster has one and we have one. Ours is still in a box. I bought a two stroke 50 Merc but it is too heavy, just made a deal on two 50 Yamaha's.

Do the Yams have trim, that a very cool feature with them an option to have 15" with trim.
Many people use them on 15" omc's

hydrospeed77
06-30-2022, 05:49 AM
Do the Yams have trim, that a very cool feature with them an option to have 15" with trim.
Many people use them on 15" omc's

Yes they do. The 15" Yamaha trim units were used on a few Yamaha models and are pretty popular for adapting to a bunch of relevant motors..