PDA

View Full Version : Salton Sea 2022

Ron Hill
09-25-2022, 09:29 AM
Ernie Dawe and I took a little ride down to the Salton Sea, yesterday 9/24/22. A lot a water, a long way from the road, no launch ramps to be seen, no boats on the water, 103 degrees. Bales of hay to keep the dust down, our government bought the bales. You'd think they'd open the hay to let it cover the land. Oh well, I'm not in charge.

Master Oil Racing Team
09-29-2022, 07:04 AM
Maybe they're making Triscuits for cows. Ranchers buy twenty pound salt blocks for cows to lick. Maybe those will be snacks.

DeanFHobart
09-29-2022, 11:58 AM
Maybe they're making Triscuits for cows. Ranchers buy twenty pound salt blocks for cows to lick. Maybe those will be snacks.

Good one Wayne… How are you doing?….. From Dean Hobart……

Ron Hill
09-29-2022, 03:47 PM
32-C was Cliff Bedford's AU, 9-C was Mary Anderson, her black lace life jacket had a purple collar. 1-C was Ted May's A-B Hydro and I think that is Dave Mayer standing there next to Roy Miner and Carl Myers.

Master Oil Racing Team
09-29-2022, 06:08 PM
Thanks Dean. Can't help but tweak gov'ment projects. I'm doing fine right now having worked my way into retirement. You guys doing good out there? Waiting for the wind and rain to settle out east to hear about how the Florida, Georgia and Carolina boat racers fared.

DeanFHobart
09-30-2022, 12:22 AM
Thanks Dean. Can't help but tweak gov'ment projects. I'm doing fine right now having worked my way into retirement. You guys doing good out there? Waiting for the wind and rain to settle out east to hear about how the Florida, Georgia and Carolina boat racers fared.

We are doing fine Wayne…. Thanks. Yea, I hope everything is fine back east.

zul8tr
10-04-2022, 02:41 AM
Ernie Dawe and I took a little ride down to the Salton Sea, yesterday 9/24/22. A lot a water, a long way from the road, no launch ramps to be seen, no boats on the water, 103 degrees. Bales of hay to keep the dust down, our government bought the bales. You'd think they'd open the hay to let it cover the land. Oh well, I'm not in charge.

Loose hay would blow away easier, the bales disturb and reduce wind effect near the ground to reduce dust. Plus the hay bales can be picked up easier than loose hay and used else were