PDA

View Full Version : Meet BRF's New Owner: Alan P. van Weele Sr. is Now at the Helm of BRF

Ron Hill
08-28-2023, 01:59 PM
FYI: Alan P. van Weele Sr. is now the owner of Boatracingfats.com

It has been a fun 20 plus years, but time to move one and I feel Alan is perfect for continuing BRF.

Good luck, Alan with BRF and Hydro Racer.

I'm sure I will continue to post and enjoy BRF.

Thanks to all who have contributed for many, many years.

tlpyamato
08-29-2023, 06:12 AM
Thank you Ron for everything you've done here at BRF. If Alan does half of what you've accomplished here, it will continue to be a great success. Welcome Alan and I wish you the best.

Aeroliner
08-29-2023, 09:14 AM
Having started in boat racing in 1955 with the purchase of a new Mark 20-H and a "B" Speedliner I have a long history with the sport. When Ron offered the website to me, I of course was overjoyed with it. Ron has done a great job in keeping the site going and I want to continue with that effort. Hopefully we can see an increase in traffic on the website and preserve the rich history that is hosted here. I encourage all boat racers and enthusiasts to continue to utilize the site to share knowledge and information. Thank Ron for allowing me this operativity to continue this effort.

Alan

Ketzer
08-30-2023, 09:13 AM
Ron, thanks for providing a boat racing forum all these years.

Kijostyle
08-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Thanks for building a really cool community Ron. A true champion of and for the sport! Congratulations Alan!

Master Oil Racing Team
09-10-2023, 12:32 PM
Wow! Been gone several weeks and what a surprise.

It has been a great run for you Ron. Thanks for everything. Had it not been for Boatracingfacts, thousands of my pictures would still be where they were in 2003. Just doing nothing in my darkroom.

Thanks to all the interest generated when Ray Yates was coaxed by Joe Rome to put on ONE MORE Lone Star Boat Racing Association reununion, you took time to come to Texas and participate. It exceeded all our wildest dreams and led to the beginning of the Reunions at DePue. Because of you and Ted March Ron, many, many former racers got reacquainted, and others like myself made a bunch of new boat racing friends. I can't thank you enough for what you have done for boat racing.

And Alan, I wish you the best and will continue to help with history and photos where I can. I've never met you, but I hope that will change in the future. I can't drive long distances anymore, but I'm sure my friend Steve Wetherbee, whom you know, can haul me to any big races.

Aeroliner
09-11-2023, 07:48 AM
Hi Wayne,
It would be great to meet one day. Steve is often in my shop to pick up parts and it would be great to have you visit with him on one of his trips. There are some fun things to see.

Master Oil Racing Team
09-11-2023, 11:19 AM
I would love to see your shop Alan. From what Steve tells me, I know it would be a great experience. After Steve gets some of his many projects completed, he is going to help me restore the early 70's D Konig we bought from Marshall Grant, and that I was able to find several years ago. I may need to come to your shop to find some stuff I need.

LittleCharger
09-13-2023, 04:54 AM
Thanks Ron learnt so much on this site

Lars Strom
09-23-2023, 01:11 PM
Thank you very much Ron,

I remember back in May 2008 when you helped me start my thread https://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/showthread.php?6727-Super-Swede-Lars-Strom.

Have fun and enjoy your place in Needles, CA

Powerabout
10-08-2023, 06:53 AM
Hi Ron
been a few years, ( when Al shut shop was when I was there) hope to drop in again for taco Friday
Many thanks for all your effort for years on this site.
I hope you will still post?
A treasure trove of information
Cheers

Powerabout
10-08-2023, 07:06 AM
Hi Alan

Congratulations on your new project

Regards
Powerabout

WaltZucher
02-10-2024, 08:08 PM
I would love to see your shop Alan. From what Steve tells me, I know it would be a great experience. After Steve gets some of his many projects completed, https://piktid.com/ai-face-generator/ he is going to help me restore the early 70's D Konig we bought from Marshall Grant, and that I was able to find several years ago. I may need to come to your shop to find some stuff I need. https://www.viberate.com/music-analytics/spotify-data-analytics/

restoring a D Konig from the early 70s! was fantastic!

Master Oil Racing Team
02-11-2024, 10:46 AM
Also got a Butts laydown for Christmas to restore. It's actually still in shape to race. I just have to strip off the old paint and put my colors and number on it.