PDA

View Full Version : 1959 C Hydro World Champ

Clarkraft13R
01-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know who won the 1959 Professional C hydroplane World Outboard Championship. I won the Plaque off of ebay and I would like to find out who the owner of it was and where it was won.
Thanks
Don

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/cf/93/ac_1.JPG

Donald
01-05-2006, 08:53 AM
I believe it was Dub Parker from Gadsden, AL. He was driving a Swift Big B with a Koenig 25 cubic inch 2 cylinder. This was Koenig's first 2 cylinder after he stopped production on the 3 cylinder C motor, which was a full 30 inches. The race was in Springfield, IL. I have pictures of the race someplace, if I could find them.

Clarkraft13R
01-05-2006, 11:31 AM
I would love to see some picture if you happen to find them. Thank you for the information too. The ebay seller is from Gallant, Alabama.

Clarkraft13R
01-08-2006, 09:40 AM
I found some great info on Dub at this web site.
http://www.coc.nu/champions/W.J.%20(Dub)%20Parker.htm

Danny Pigott
01-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Dub Parker Raced Untill 1977 Or Longer.I Saw Him At Hinton w,v, At The 77 Pro. Nat`s He Told Me Before 350 Hydro We May Not Have What They Got,But We Will Be In There Giving Them H#### Anyway.He Was Racer.

Master Oil Racing Team
01-08-2006, 03:18 PM
The only thing that stopped Dub from racing was his untimely death.

denny henderson
01-09-2006, 07:08 AM
In '73, there were 50 plus "A" hydros at DePue for qualifying. Craig Lawrence and I were on the same trailer from Tx., and ended up in the same heat. It was the last heat of a long day of qualifying heats. Dub Parker was also in that heat. The sun was shinning bright that day and in the first attempt, we all had hell seeing the clock. I could barely see it but managed a good start and led the first lap with Craig in second, until the race was stopped. We shouldn't have been sent back out, but we were. Once again, I got lucky and led the first lap until the heat was stopped and Craig was second. By the time we were sent out for the 3rd restart, it was not posible to see the clock. Craig and I both jumped the gun. The first legal boat was Dub Parker. Later, I asked Dub if he could see the clock and he said "No, he was just lucky". Dub was lucky like that a lot.

Donald
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Dub's last race was at Acworth, Ga. in Oct. 1980. I don't remember which classes he ran except for the 250R because I hit his stack trying to avoid him when his motor quit on the start and put a nice hole in the bottom of my boat. This was the continuation of the Pro nationals that started in Lacrosse Wi. and was moved because of unsafe water conditions on the Mississippi river.