PDA

View Full Version : Harrison History

Prop Rider
03-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Ron thanks for not saying(wrong side) for throttle placement. I guess starting at the begining is the only way it makes sense.You need to remeber that my father started racing in 1927 or1929 most of my old records were destroyed in a flood.He told me that when he started they raced on small rivers and in his first race the inside boat was in his cockpit so he moved the throttle to the right side so he would not have to let go of throttle in order to get away from another boat. He also said some times had to use your left hand to fend off inside boat.Sounds like some rought racing to me but that was before overlap rules ect.My racing with the right hand throttle was short lived an was done becuase we only had two boats when i started a Fillenger "B" & A Neal"C" so since i really wanted to race (still do) i got the neal with a johnson SR (B) and no opions as to throttle movement. It realy wasn`t that bad remember good B hydro was 62MPH. Speed really forced movement to the left side as you know we had a lot of serious great racers in our prime. So much for history .

Proprider

Kay Harrison

Master Oil Racing Team
03-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Now tell us about the expansion chambers that aimed the...uh..forward!:D

Joe Silvestri 36-S
03-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Kay,

I'm glad to see you've found BRF. I too would like to hear about the history of the Harrison racing family. My dad has told me many stories about your involvement in Pro racing as well as your inventions. I also remember you and Sean racing with us at some of our 3Rivers races back in the day.