View Full Version : champboat website

tacobellprop
03-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Anyone know what's going on???

www.champboatracing.com
:confused:

17W
03-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Might have something to do w/the change in Series Owners.....

Miss BK
03-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Try

http://www.champboat.com/

17W
03-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Try

http://www.champboat.com/
Same Results....

Cameraboy
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
works fine for me.

tacobellprop
03-18-2006, 04:08 AM
Hmm......maybe it doesn't work with IE???????????

WharfRat
03-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Something is up, just not sure what. I can hit it from home no problem, but not from work. I'm going to try hitting it at work from outside our domain & firewall to see if that changes anything next week (time permitting). Their address did change though, it was champboatracing.com but now is just champboat.com.

Miss BK
03-18-2006, 08:28 AM
It requires Java to open the home page applet. And even with DSL it takes about a minute for mine to load.

Do you have Java? If not, you can download it free here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

For the forum pages you don't need Java.
See if this works for you:

http://www.champboat.com/forums/public

WharfRat
03-18-2006, 09:59 AM
If they were getting to it before they should already have java installed, besides, I know it is something else, I can't even ping it from work, It has to be some kind of DNS type issue (domain name resolving)

Miss BK
03-18-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm not having any trouble at all...except for the slow initial load.

clampon
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
where is the lazer let me know i want it meatball

RichardKCMo
03-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Hmm......maybe it doesn't work with IE???????????
That ain't tit.

WharfRat
03-21-2006, 05:56 AM
Of those of you that can't get to it........

Is this from home or at work ? Let me know & I'll go from there

Meatball, sold the laser last summer

tacobellprop
03-23-2006, 05:09 AM
Webmaster! Please fix the problem!!!!!!!!! Will someone email them about the problem???

Miss BK
03-23-2006, 07:32 AM
He's already been informed about it, and here is his reply:

"WINS is a problem for the most part. I don't run WINS on any of my servers.
Not sure what's going. If I had the IP addresses of those that can't get in I can check them in the firewall to see if they are being blocked.
Serverstats show that we are getting hits from all over the planet."
Webmaster: tim@champboat.com

Mark75H
03-23-2006, 04:15 PM
It works fine for me too. Downloaded pretty fast, too.

tacobellprop
03-24-2006, 08:08 AM
I can get to the sites of NASCAR, IRL, CART, F1boat, OSS, SBI, F1CAR teams, MOTO, DTM, WRC, etc, etc............

Is it still my problem that I can't get to the champboat site???????? I used to be able to get to it.......and I still use the same computer. (I haven't downloaded any security system or anything) :confused:

Dago Fast
03-24-2006, 09:12 AM
I am not having a problem accessing the site.

www.champboat.com

john miffco
03-25-2006, 04:34 PM
i have been pulling up the site since the beginning of the champ series
since the new site was brought up ,,,,there has been numerous times it would not come up,,,,server not found
had problems getting in the forums,,,posting bio,,,ect

i just returned from new zealand and while there could not pull up the site from numerous computors
and just again today,,,wont come up from mine again

i really think there has to be problems on the site with the server/firewalls,,,something
to be having this many people having problems

WharfRat
03-25-2006, 04:52 PM
John, I sent the webmaster there an email & even provided a link to this discussion. There are problems, just not sure what they are yet. It could very well be a combination of things that are causing it. In fact today, I have been unable to access it at all from home which is unusual. I ain't given up yet, I'll let ya'll know if I find something.

Ted March
03-25-2006, 05:32 PM
First time I have not been able to get in. Been able to ge in from the beginning of this thread. Not now.

kws
03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
i cant get in either

Grin&Barrett
03-25-2006, 06:59 PM
I have not been able to get in today either.:(

WharfRat
03-27-2006, 08:48 AM
It appears to be up & running, and fixed as well since I can see it from work now.

Ted March
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
I got in.

Cameraboy
03-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Now, if they would respond to e-mail sent to the "for more information" link, it would be perfect :)

Champ Director
03-28-2006, 10:16 PM
I can tell you right now you will not get much response from Champ Boat, Mike is on the road 24/7 promoting his series and has little time to work the web site right now he is a one man band and very busy.....:cool:

Cameraboy
03-28-2006, 11:11 PM
The local outboard club in Portland OR is wondering about the Champ boat race that's listed for August 5-6. We have Champ boat as a class every year at our Newberg Memorial Day Boat Races.

Just wanted to see what was up, as nobody around here seems to know who is promoting the race locally or where exactly it's being held. We thought it was cool a race was coming here, and that we might possibly be of use in such an endeavor. Nothing like boat racers working together, huh?

But hey, if he's a one man band...

Champ Director
03-31-2006, 07:25 AM
When I say he is a one man band, Mike has taken sole ownership of CB and is just burried trying to get things rolling. Once we have more info on the Portland race I am sure we will need all the help we can get from the locals to make it a succesfull event...:D

Cameraboy
03-31-2006, 09:57 AM
Very cool. We actually do a teeny-tiny bit of media prior to the Memorial Day race, so if anything is firmed up a few weeks from now, we can start getting the word out.

Just one question - are you sure you want to run in Portland the same weekend the unlimited hydros run in Seattle? :eek:

tacobellprop
04-01-2006, 01:30 AM
It's doing it again.........I can't open the site.......:confused:

Ted March
04-01-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm OK.

tacobellprop
04-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Webmaster. There is a problem again!

tacobellprop
04-28-2006, 07:26 AM
Will there be a chamboat race in San Diego this year???

*Sept 16-17 TBA Are they working on it now???????????

Champ Director
05-01-2006, 09:16 AM
will there be Champ Boats in S.D. We hope so and we are in talks with them now, looking for a good out come for both groups:)

tacobellprop
06-21-2006, 12:41 AM
If you are going to Bay City to watch the champboat race this weekend, please take pics as many as you can and upload them on this website when you get back home. Please try to take "cool" pics. Everyone already knows what boats look like....if you know what I mean......

Last season, we had to wait for WEEKS to see the pictures of the first race on the champboat website...........and the pics were kinda boring.......

Hmm.....it seems like there aren't much drivers that can spice up races this season but I hope it will be an exciting season.

Good luck to every driver who will race in Bay City this weekend.

Miss BK
06-22-2006, 08:03 AM
And...
... please don't forget to send them to the APBA website too!
I usually take my own and post them by the following day, but I won't be going to Bay City this year.

Sp PLEASE...send some pics to news@apba-racing.com and I'll get them up on the news page ASAP.

Thanks!

www.apba-racing.com

Grin&Barrett
06-22-2006, 08:18 PM
We are in Bay City now ready to test tommorrow if we aren't working on the boat all day I try to get some pictures. I'll try to post as many as I can each night except You'll have to wait until Mon or Tue for the finals.

Matthew Barrett
Team Kratochwill Racing

tacobellprop
06-28-2006, 10:00 AM
OK. There are some pics of the race on Champboat.com......kinda small pics....and it doesn't looke like they had 3 classes......

If anyone got more pics of the race, please post them here.

Congrats to Rinker.

spn#43
06-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Champ boat used to have great pictures on the site, I don’t know what happened, pix are WAY too small and look like some kid played with a camera.

Grin&Barrett
06-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Predrag,

I tried to email you the pictures but all were returned because it said your email account was full.

Matt

Ron Hill
06-29-2006, 07:58 AM
Our pictures are large enough to see...post them here or e-mail me and I'll post them.

spn#43
06-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Predrag,

I tried to email you the pictures but all were returned because it said your email account was full.

Matt

:o :o
I’m sorry that e-mail account is probably not big enough, please try this one pexa011@hotmail.com
Thanks

Miss BK
06-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks in advance to anyone who sends pictures from Bay City to the APBA web site. There currently are none at this time.

Just to let teams out there know.... on the APBA site, as well as APBA E-Alert newsletter subscribers, among the thousands of visitors each month are former big time sponsors of the Unlimited and Formula One Series of the past. Having your "team" press release on the APBA News page would be a great way to get the attention of these people - who obviously are still interested in boat racing.... Hint hint. ;)

Kevin Johnston has offered to let APBA website visitors enjoy his photos from the PRO races in Constantine from a couple of weeks ago. I'll be working on getting those great shots posted today. Thanks Kevin!

We can always use more activity from the other groups too. The more "views" you can get means more exposure for you and your team/series. It's all about promoting our sport.

Hope to hear from you.

news@apba-racing.com
www.apba-racing.com

Grin&Barrett
06-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Val,

Some pic's on the way

Matt

Miss BK
07-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Now we're talking!!!!!!!

Thank you, Matt!

I've posted your pictures of Bay City, PLUS the K Johnston Constantine images too. As a bonus, I've also posted the flyer for TOP O MICHIGAN marathon created by Kevin Johnston. (Even got info on another capsule training session for Region 10.)

Thank you all! This is what we need!

www.apba-racing.com

spn#43
07-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey Matt pictures are awesome, thanks a lot.:) :) :)

tacobellprop
07-18-2006, 04:00 AM
I think this is what champboat.com needs to do.......

Try to find college students who are trying to be a newpaper journalist , a photographer and a webmaster. (newspaper man and photographer from each race location)

Collect a "website fee" from each driver and use it for those students.

Seriously, I think there are lots of college students who would work for champboat.com. (Some of them would probably work for free so they would be able to put that work on their resumes.)

I actually found out who won at Cincinnati on apba-racing.com........................................ ..............:(

tacobellprop
07-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Will someone explain why I always find out race results on apba-racing.com first?????????????????????

(July 22, 2006) – Terry Rinker of Tampa, Fla., was the fast qualifier Saturday for this weekend’s ChampBoat Grand Prix of Minneapolis. Chris Fairchild of N. Aurora, Ill., qualified second and Tim Seebold of Osage Beach, Mo., was third.

I guess this info wasn't correct.....

Miss BK
07-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Will someone explain why I always find out race results on apba-racing.com first?????????????????????

(July 22, 2006) – Terry Rinker of Tampa, Fla., was the fast qualifier Saturday for this weekend’s ChampBoat Grand Prix of Minneapolis. Chris Fairchild of N. Aurora, Ill., qualified second and Tim Seebold of Osage Beach, Mo., was third.

I guess this info wasn't correct.....

Those were the qualifying results from the time trials on Sat, not the from the final. After time trials, they ran the heat races. Rinker won the first one, and Jeff Shepard won the second (according to Rick Stoff).

I'm the one posting these onto APBA-racing.com -- I actually posted the above while on vacation in Yellowstone...which is tricky, because there is nearly no Internet in Yellowstone, nor phones or TVs in the hotel rooms. I was just lucky to find a few front desk clerks who allowed me to use their phone jacks after midnight so I could get all the boat racing News up. ;) That's dedication.

The final results from Sunday's final are now on APBA-Racing.com, and I'm off to bed.

G'night.

PS
Just saw that John Broge was hurt in Trenton??? Oh, I sure hate to hear this - John is a true champion and class act in every sense. Does anyone have an update?

Our prayers are being sent to John and his awesome family. Sure hope he's ok!

tacobellprop
07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Miss BK

Thanks for always posting race results on apba. I really appreciat it. I thought that result was after 2 heat races tho....

I just hope Champboat will realize having a great website is really important. (especially, if they want to get more sponsors) We all know our sport will never be as big as NASCAR but at least Champboat can make its website as good as NASCAR's if they try.....If I were the title sponsor of Champboat, I wouldn't be happy about the website tho........

I think it's time they do something about it.........

tacobellprop
08-03-2006, 10:40 AM
So, when will we get to see pics of the last 2 races??????? next year?????

tacobellprop
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
OK. I am tired of asking..........I WANNA SEE SOME COOL PICS OF THE LAST TWO RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I wonder if anyone sends emails to champboat.com about it............people just don't care about it??? but they still talk about getting sponsorship and stuff here??? It's in 2006 now.....it's VERY important to have a GREAT website when you wanna find sponsors........

If you go to champboat.com and click on "about champboat".......it's all about sponsorship.......what's with that??? What kinda boat do they use? What's a tunnel boat? How big is it??? What kinda engine is used??? Are they boats? not airplanes??? Nothing is really explained.............

They need to have a website team or something if they are too busy doing other stuff and dont really have time working on the website.......

spn#43
10-05-2006, 06:11 AM
You are absolutely right, site definitely needs some help. :(

WharfRat
10-05-2006, 06:26 AM
link to Hartford pics

here (http://www.moments4ever.com/src/partner/client/event/login/index.cfm?EVENT_ID=5250)

tacobellprop
10-12-2006, 08:08 AM
I guess they have time sending some pics to other people.......do they even remember they have their own website??? It must be a JOKE.

http://212.125.209.209/kunder/f2boat/visnyhet.asp?id=6492