PDA

View Full Version : My first build

Jeff Akers
04-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Some of you know that I've been building a boat for Formula E Hydro. Well, it's near done.... just finishing off all the 200,000 little things that make one of these go !

For those that don't know...This is a JDS frame kit... I started construction in late November of 2004. Having SIX children between my girlfriend and I ,there were some WEEKS! that I could not work on the boat so it has taken mutch longer than I had planed:(

I had some helpers on this project.....My girlfriend and my 18 year old son did time on the Bucking bar....:cool: My 70+ year old Dad helped in the decking !:cool: ....My brother helped with the clear coat and spray rig:cool:.... and many racers here on BRF took the time to answer endless questions and e mail's:cool:

I want to thank Jon Steen of JDS EXTREME RACING for all the help and answering all my questions(at any time of day or night) You're not only a great racer/designer/builder but a dear friend !

As you can see from my list...this is a sport of family and friends.

Thanks to all:D

Hope you here at BRF enjoy the pics !

Jeff Akers
04-09-2006, 02:06 PM
more pics

Jeff Akers
04-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Don't know why the first set of pics are so fuzzy?:( :o

bill boyes
04-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Nice Job, Looks Great.

Lights
04-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Jeff your new hydro looks great!

Mark

Joe Silvestri 36-S
04-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Beautiful looking rig!!! I love the picture taken from the front of the boat. Good luck and I hope you enjoy racing the new boat!

hydroc888
04-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I hope you ain't going to put that pretty thing into the salt water at Dillon.

John (Taylor) Gabrowski
04-09-2006, 10:19 PM
We were sitting around pooling our thoughts and drinking beer on stinger pipe building when we saw your post and pictures. Our compliments! One of these guys here is thinking out loud, how on earth you got that 3 holer to look so good on that beautiful hydro? Lots of patience and great results no doubt. One question not fully understood is why the exhaust dump system and not stinger pipes? That is an answer you can post for the man to understand when he reads it at home from his own screen when you post again. These snowmo freaks think there is no other way but with all kinda pipes on any loop engine! Again, your to be complimented. :)

Fast Fred
04-10-2006, 04:33 AM
:cool:

Jeff Akers
04-10-2006, 10:59 AM
I hope you ain't going to put that pretty thing into the salt water at Dillon.

Hard to say really. As you can see in the background of this picture it looks very temting:D

BTW: The engine block is an old saltwater fishin motor so it's OK:rolleyes:

mercguy
04-10-2006, 07:04 PM
the boat looks way too fast for an old guy like you!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) Ya might want to build yourself an ASH first, since you are so fond of them OMC turds.............LOL!!;)

just kiddin' buddy, it looks great!!! It is going to be tough for you to top your first outting and placement in OSY400!!!!

I hope we see each other again this year on the race course! I might just have to try my DMH with the FEH's..............but, much later this season.....

RichardKCMo
04-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Hard to say really. As you can see in the background of this picture it looks very temting:D

BTW: The engine block is an old saltwater fishin motor so it's OK:rolleyes:
AS far as salt water goes, after you go faster you have more time to kleen?
Hell who knows? Anyways, as Daren would say them spigotts are everywhere , isn't that why we live there ?
RichardF.

RichardKCMo
04-10-2006, 08:13 PM
AS far as salt water goes, after you go faster you have more time to kleen?
Hell who knows? Anyways, as Daren would say them spigotts are everywhere , isn't that why we live there ?
RichardF.
What's so hard to understand to understand about 12,000,0000000, +
I really don't have any idea, Anyways my sister lives in salem ORG., lol
Alpine Ca. is a place to be from .
Richard F.

Jeff Akers
04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
the boat looks way too fast for an old guy like you!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) Ya might want to build yourself an ASH first, since you are so fond of them OMC turds.............LOL!!;)

just kiddin' buddy, it looks great!!! It is going to be tough for you to top your first outting and placement in OSY400!!!!

Hell I aint old... Now David is a differant story:D :rolleyes:

That OSY400 race was just "lucky" and it will be tough to top !.....:cool:

mercguy
04-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Hell I aint old... Now David is a differant story:D :rolleyes:

That OSY400 race was just "lucky" and it will be tough to top !.....:cool:

I won't comment any more on the "old age" topic, as I am not too far behind you old farts!!!:rolleyes:

as to being "lucky" to win a/the race, that factors in 50% of the time...................most of my wins (not very many) are due to "luck"! I sure would love to win with just plain SPEED..........but do not think that is going to happen any time soon........:rolleyes:

mercguy
04-11-2006, 11:20 AM
What's so hard to understand to understand about 12,000,0000000, +
I really don't have any idea, Anyways my sister lives in salem ORG., lol
Alpine Ca. is a place to be from .
Richard F.

Richard, Alpine "was" the place to be from, but only for a couple weeks now............

JohnsonM50
04-22-2006, 05:48 AM
WOW that nice, looks about readyto run :D :cool: