PDA

View Full Version : i need info on the history of stock outboard racing from the beginning

j hydro racer
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM
hey i am doing my shool report:( on the history of stock outboard racing:D.i need info from the start of it and how it became and how it changed over the years

thanks for the help,:D
john wlodarski the third
24-J:cool:

Fast Fred
04-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I don't know my self,i like the topic, think ya came to the right place, poke around see what you can find:cool:

Dew1us
04-21-2006, 01:21 PM
John,

Knowing that this is for a school project and that you need some resources to reference, I would recomend that you check out a book written by Peter Hunn. The books name is The Golden Age of the Racing Outboard. I also see that he has another book called The Vintage Culture of Outboard Racing. I think those books would help you to do that. If there is any direct info I could try to help you out.

Craig "Dew" Furnal

f8andbethere
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Speed and Spray has some notes on the history of the sport in it.

j hydro racer
04-21-2006, 04:20 PM
thanks i need any info i can get my teacher doesn't have a clue what this sport is so i am trying to teach her about it in my report.

thanks again
john wlodarski the third

24-J

Marlee Hill
04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE APBA?!?!?!? i really need yo know, i cant find it on the Apba website...and i need that for my report!

Bunker Hill
04-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Check your official APBA magazine, all officers are listed! The current president for 2008-9 is Mark Weber
-Bunker

Marlee Hill
05-01-2008, 10:38 AM
do you have to be a member of SCSC in order to race here?

I am but i was just wondering for my report, i can't find anything about that on the website...

Marlee Hill
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
how long has scsc been a club?

i found out that the apba was founded in 1903, which is 105 years ago!!!! i thought that was amazing!

Tx Guy
07-10-2012, 03:21 PM
hey i am doing my shool report:( on the history of stock outboard racing:D.i need info from the start of it and how it became and how it changed over the years

thanks for the help,:D
john wlodarski the third
24-J:cool:
Try this link! http://www.boatsport.org/theboatsportmagazines.html

Ed Hatch
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM
My Boatsport.org website will give you a good idea of outboard racing in the 1950's.

The success of racing in the 1950's was a combination a strong economy, the easy availability of race motors, race sites and indirect factory support from Mercury outboards.

Outboards were raced many years prior to the 1950's and a book that gives you a good idea of the very early days can be purchased for just a few bucks. Check out

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?keyword=a+century+of+outboard+racing&mtype=B&hs.x=15&hs.y=11

They have one posted for $1.63 plus shipping.

Good Luck with your project