PDA

View Full Version : SST 45 Questions, PLEASE HELP

widowmaker49
05-17-2006, 10:22 AM
OK Here is the deal...I am not planning on racing, just trying to have some fun. I have purchased a boat which was formerly raced as an SST45, it came with no motor so I have also purchased a 2003 Merc 60hp motor (15 inch shaft). I have been told I need to install a power jack plate to get the boat to perform the way I want it to, but I have been unable to find one to fit the transom of my boat (its only 15.5 inches wide). I am also questioning the what pitch prop to run, the motor came with a 16 degree pitch prop and I have been told I need to run as much as a 29 degree. If anyone can give me any information it would be appreciated. Thank You.

Ron Hill
05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
We should be able to find you a reasonable power trim set up and I've got some $250 props that should scare sh*t out of you!

Fast Fred
05-20-2006, 03:18 AM
the ones i've seen have a through transom ram, it don't tillt just moves like 3-4"
maybe less for trim, think thay use a Force ram with a on the hull pump.
check your CG on that set up them Merc60's is more Bucksom than a 45:cool:

widowmaker49
05-22-2006, 04:23 AM
Sorry guys I am new to the outboard motor world, everything i have ever owned or driven has been an inboard or I/O. Can you explain what a force ram and CG are?

Ron, What information do you need from me to pick a pro?? (I'd like one that will really scare the **** out of me)

Fast Fred
05-22-2006, 05:56 AM
Force is an outboard company( some don't think so:eek: ) Center of Gravty = CG, i'm not a sst45 racer, was thinkin it's like an sst60 but smaller, but i don't run sst60 eather:eek:

i just stayed at a Holaday inn:eek: :D :cool:

Champ Director
05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't know if they make a transom jack for that boat may have to have one custom made as well as the brackets for the trim ram, kinda like we did with the sport c and the merc. trim rams.