PDA

View Full Version : Welcome GMT Jerry

Ron Hill
06-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Oh man....Jerry Gilbreath has signed up....He's probably going to tell me I had the square footage of Brad and Tracy Miller's houses and barns wrong....but that's OK.

What I hope really happens is that Jerry gets on here and tells us about Bud Gilbert and the Gilbreath Family.

Jerry is the son of Jake Gilbreath. Jake was a fireman when Jerry was a kid. Jake mowed lawns on his days off. Jerry use to follow his day when he mowed lawns. Then Jake started Gill Marine. He first made gas tanks...Seems they may have made power trims for Mercury...

I won't try to tell's the whole story...Maybe, Jerry will get with me and we could write it and post some of his pictures...

I once wrote an article, for Performance Boats (1980), about Jerry's GMT Boats. I think I stated then, that Jerry was the most talented and gifted boat rigger/innovator I'd ever seen. I still believe that. Jerry could drive. He knew motors. He knew set ups. He understood design.

Jerry rigged Ski Race boats for Vic Edlebrock, Jerry Herbst, to name a few...Crew Chiefed "El Cid" and drove "El Cid"...Built and rigged all of Greg Foster's Mod VP's..Owned the Del Taco Tunnel Boat Team. Drove Brad Miller's GN...Crazy Horse...He throttled the Alcone Motor Sports tunnel to SBI and APBA World Championships...several times...

Any Team he ever worked with was always a threat to win

The first outboard he ever drove was my Mod VP at Parker...

Again, WELCOME GMTJERRY.....Your life could fill an encyclopedia...