PDA

View Full Version : Overseas Dealers

Donald
07-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I came across these in a file and thought they would interest some people. The Lakeland race was my first time to Lakeland.

Allen J. Lang
07-07-2006, 04:16 PM
How about those prices :D. Makes you wish for the OLD DAYS.

Hugh Enthrop was well ahead of his time with a speed of 197 with a 75H.
Hey Sam, will yours approach this speed?

Thanks for the posting Ralph.

Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al:cool:

Mark75H
07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Danke, Herr Donald:)

I'm afraid I'm about 110 mph shy ;)

Ron Hill
07-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Nick builds one of the finest boats in the world. At one time, and I could be wrong, he built all the McDonald Hamburger seats...remember those red and yellow fiber glass seats??? Nick built those things in his boat shop, at night, so people didn't know he was doing anything but building boats....

One thing Nick always said, "You can't sell from and empty shop."

I think back to 1968, I bought a "D" Konig for Overseas Dealers (Scott Smith)....we were about to leave for Seattle to the Stock Nationals, my dad said, "Hell, we're going to to DePue to just run DRR and DRH?" How much is a new "C" Konig??? I called Scott Smith, we ordered a new "C" and two "EXTRA" lower units....He said, "He ship them out."

I called Lon Stevens and told him I needed him to make me a housing in a week...and Lon made me a housing....Lon may have had work to keep him busy for three years, but he stopped and didmy work....but Lon knew, if he needed a prop, I was there...

Point is: Boat Racing grew when men like Scott Smith had equipment in STOCK. Had Scott not had Konig's in stock, in 1968, we'd have headed to DePue to race "D" not, "D" and "C"....

Seems to me, that Boat Racing owes a great debt to Scott Smith...

Master Oil Racing Team
02-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I found many gems recently going through my Dad's correspondence. Didn't know where to start so I'll just go with Scott Smith...Overseas Dealers, Inc.