PDA

View Full Version : Patrol Perspective

vishus
10-23-2006, 11:47 AM
It was fun, but I think I am done patrolling. Two enduros, two times patrolling. I didn't get to visit or gawk at the boats, didn't see any girls, and had to float forever...

I did have a ring side seat to some great racing, I was there when the #17 spun out and ejected thier driver. We towed in the big v-drive without anyone in it... I hope "he" is O.K.

Everyone was very professional and curteous, I just want to wander or race next time...

my little ALLY was getting frustrated idling around, I just wanted to join in with the racers...

to anyone thinking about patrolling, DO IT, it is a lot of fun, I just need to do something different next time.

my good friends helped (blue glastron), and had a blast, they are up for next year as well!!

maybe I can run my ALLY in the Nostalgia race in NOV?

thanks Ron and Ross for letting me a part of this...

rossdbos
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
To Sid:
Thank you and your crew for helping out all day doing patrol and tow boat duty! If it wasn't for great people like yourself that volunteered to do it there wouldn't be any race and I mean that!

Thanks to all the volunteers for making this event another great success:
Sid, Wayne Blacklock, Lee Bailey, Kelly Gaines, Jim Harris, Tyson Lloyd, Chris Lloyd, Jim Marrone, Dennis Rankin, Darryl (I never got your last name, I apologize), Pat Hoban, Kara Poe, Richard Hammond, and everyone else that helped (if I have left anyone out, I sincerely apologize).

Once again, Thanks to our Rescue Team, the best in the boat racing world!
Doug Anderson, Mike Byrnes, Jim Lawrence, Doug Lake, Dwayne Rosanelli, Kip Moretti, Jo Bartolomei.

Thank you to Paul Metha and Matt Wooton for towing out the Rescue Boats, Phil Lukens for towing out the SCSC trailer.

Thank you to the entire RPM Staff for working so flawlessly all day- John Castelli, Pat Whitcomb, Brian Wilson, Roger Carr, Bill Boyes, Doug Rea and our great Chief Scorer Ann Hoban and the entire Scoring team: Ann, Laurie Hoban, Kelly Poe, La Juan Pedro, Debbie Pryor, Kay Boyes, Ally and all the team scorers who came and sat and did an excellent job!

Thank you also to Pat Whitcomb's daughters: Ashlyn, Jillian & Lauren who sold the event T-Shirts all day!

Last but definitely not least, lest we forget the Rules Committee and impetus for this event- Ron Hill, Rod Zapf and Ted Kolby! Thank you Gentlemen!

These are people to Thank as they give of their time and work to make sure these events are safe and go off without a hitch!

Sincerely,
Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

MAXIMUS
10-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Ross The Plan B & Wiskers team would like to thank you for providing us with a dream weekend! We could not of had more fun period!!!!!!! I hate to see a nazi outboard crew take the cup but what the hell... We will make things right next year!!!!:D Hey Chad! I am already talking smack!!!!!;) Congrats dude on a killer day!!!! Does this mean I will have to pay more for prop WORK!:rolleyes:

We as boat racers both old & newbies have too much friggen fun! It can't possibly be legal...:confused: :D

Ron Hill
10-25-2006, 09:53 AM
I didn't get on here sooner, as I was hoping about 38 other RACERS would jump in and THANK YOU....

Sorry you patrolled all day, again. I brought you a 24 ET style prop, never saw you long enough to give it to you...

Two years in a row, driving from Phoenix and working all day is enough....

Next year, I promise you, we'll figur out a rig for you to drive....

I'll also promise you a Mini Enduro.....

I don't know about buying the videos, but will see what happens, as I'd like to have them too!!!

I've sold my nephew's Lavey and need to take it to Phoenix, week after next, I'd like to take you and your famly to dinner, wile I'm here, for all your support and effort.....(I'll give the bill to ROSS)....(Doesn't mean he'll pay it)....

If you need the 24, let me know and I'll send it.....Holly Cow, I don't think I send that hub kit to Ron Zimmerman....Well, if I did, i didn't bill him and if I didn't, I still didn't bill him....

PLEASE SET A DATE FOR THE PHOENIX PROPFEST 2007, and I will be there with at least 15 new props for testing.....

Thanks again, SID!!! (And FAMILY)...

Just got a call, my youngest son's car caught on fire and burned completely up in the school parking lot.....Got to go!

skater28
10-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Vishus..

Thanks for volunteering your time. Without people like you we couldn't have a race! Let me know your address and I'll send you a copy of the video clip.

Jon Roth #48

Yodaddy
10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I didn't get on here sooner, as I was hoping about 38 other RACERS would jump in and THANK YOU....

Sorry you patrolled all day, again. I brought you a 24 ET style prop, never saw you long enough to give it to you...

Two years in a row, driving from Phoenix and working all day is enough....

Next year, I promise you, we'll figur out a rig for you to drive....

I'll also promise you a Mini Enduro.....

I don't know about buying the videos, but will see what happens, as I'd like to have them too!!!

I've sold my nephew's Lavey and need to take it to Phoenix, week after next, I'd like to take you and your famly to dinner, wile I'm here, for all your support and effort.....(I'll give the bill to ROSS)....(Doesn't mean he'll pay it)....

If you need the 24, let me know and I'll send it.....Holly Cow, I don't think I send that hub kit to Ron Zimmerman....Well, if I did, i didn't bill him and if I didn't, I still didn't bill him....

PLEASE SET A DATE FOR THE PHOENIX PROPFEST 2007, and I will be there with at least 15 new props for testing.....

Thanks again, SID!!! (And FAMILY)...

Just got a call, my youngest son's car caught on fire and burned completely up in the school parking lot.....Got to go!

Nope, you didn't send it and you didn't bill me. I still need it tho. I have the hub but I need the thrust washer for it.
Thanks
Ron

Ron Hill
10-25-2006, 09:48 PM
My son's FORD TRUCK burned up today, in the school parking lot, after I got it towed to the shop...I looked high and low for that washing and hub piece...I said, "Damn, I did send that...."

Well, glad you ain't in a hurry, will send her out tomorrow...

Ron...(Hill)...

ADD: If we decided to bring "OUR PARKER WINNER" to the Phoenix Drags....A. What class would we run? B. How much does it cost to race? and C....Would we have any fun? And D. Would you be there???

vishus
10-26-2006, 09:19 PM
I'll be there...

I'll email you all the info required to race...

it is a sportsman's bracket for boats in your speed range. the 1st bracket is a 12sec and over (river race bracket (about 85mph max in the 1/4)). then you have (stock eliminator (SE) 11sec about 95mph in the 1/4), then (modified eliminator (ME) 10sec and about 105mph in the 1/4). Most outboards with stock 2.5s are running 11s. S3000/Drags are running in the 10s...

It is a completely different style of racing, a lot MORE spectators... I think you would have FUN (and it is about 10mins from my house...).

sid

Yodaddy
10-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Sorry Ron, I have been duck hunting with no computor. I see Sid is giving you the info. Too expensive for just one race. Thats just my opinion. Did you send the washer stuff out?
Thanks
Ron

Ron Hill
11-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Stuff should be there...Sorry for being slow but the price was right....

Going to Phoenix, tomorrow, but want to get back to Havasu before it gets too late....Taking that Lavey that I sold for my nephew...

Hope duck hunting went OK, you missed a good one at Parker...

Yodaddy
11-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Thanks Ron. We had a great time at duck camp. There were 11 of us counting wives. Lots of good food, Captain morgan and oh yes, I even shot some ducks!!:p

I wouldn't mind participating next year but it would have to be as a co-driver in someone elses sponsored rig.

Ron Hill
11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
In the OLD DAYS, on Wednesday, drive-In theaters let you in cheap, because they didn't show movies...

Sort of like DUCK HUNTING: