PDA

View Full Version : Region 12, A hydro

Skoontz
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
After an exchange of messages from Bruce Summers, he created a wave of thoughts, (brainfarts) that provoked this notion to be tossed out for objective opinions.

Seems to me region 12 is ripe for A drviers and at the same time, there seems to be only a small amount of them. So, lemme axe ya all this one.

Bruce made a comment that money would best be spent promoting the region rather than a boat sponsorship in his area, and, that makes lots of sense.

So, in an effort to bring more drivers down, or, get more owner/drivers involved, what would a $2,000 first prize for winning a race do to bring people out of the woodwork? If that's not enough, tell me what kinds of money we are talking to open eyeballs here and I'll see what can be done to make it happen....

Tomtall
11-03-2006, 06:04 PM
If your looking to bring in out of state people to compete offer tow money and cash prizes. If your looking to build up the class with new blood get some boats from past and present racers that are not being used and put people in them. Use the money to pay for their entry fees, etc.

Skoontz
11-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I think both might work.....What better incentives, paid entry fees, and cash to win...Maybe even win a boat/motor combo for example.....The brains farting loud now.....

Pop990
11-03-2006, 07:24 PM
free A hydro. Come and get it in Huntington Beach. no motor Bill Curtis

Skoontz
11-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Got a phone number or way to hook up?

Pop990
11-03-2006, 11:34 PM
boat990@aol.com

David Mason
11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
That would be a good purse for a first place finish. I would certainly consider coming if I had a chance to win that much for one class. However, there needs to be some decent cash for 2nd on down. 2K would pay for any Mod or stock or Pro outboarders gas money, and entry fee, and most likley hotel.

That would attract some racers for sure. But it would take a lot of 2000.00 dollar 1st place purses for all the classes APBA offers. Kind of unrealistic prize money. Narrow down the classes and it might be feasable.

I have an J/AXSH/ASH for sale in the buy and sell forum.