PDA

View Full Version : 07 Darneille DSH.....

mercguy
12-25-2006, 11:58 AM
here is my new Darneille laydown DSH, to be powered by the Bass Machines Tohatsu........

sorry for the bad pics, as there was ice/frost on the boat when I took the pics........

mercmack
12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
One Cool Race Eng..did Bass Sell The Test Wheel Too??:d

mercguy
12-25-2006, 01:16 PM
One Cool Race Eng..did Bass Sell The Test Wheel Too??:d

no, I made the test wheel.......it was an old OMC one I converted....

mercmack
12-25-2006, 03:07 PM
WHERE DID YOU FIND THE DAY WITH SUNSHINE??:D
I WAS UP THERE THE LAST WEEK OF OCT AND THAT WAS THE LAST WEEK OF SUNSHINE ALLL RAIN SINCE ACCORDING TO MY KIDS AND THERE IS 4 DIFFENENT FAMILIES UP THERE..:eek: :eek:
COURSE THERE IS 2 1/2 FEET OF SNOW HERE AND MORE COMING TONIGHT::( :(

mercguy
12-25-2006, 03:13 PM
WHERE DID YOU FIND THE DAY WITH SUNSHINE??:D
I WAS UP THERE THE LAST WEEK OF OCT AND THAT WAS THE LAST WEEK OF SUNSHINE ALLL RAIN SINCE ACCORDING TO MY KIDS AND THERE IS 4 DIFFENENT FAMILIES UP THERE..:eek: :eek:
COURSE THERE IS 2 1/2 FEET OF SNOW HERE AND MORE COMING TONIGHT::( :(

I took the pictures during the RARE 5 minutes we did not have rain.........:D Actually it has not rained today either.............

mercmack
12-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Is Thats Tohatsu 2007 Grafics....i Like The 2006 Ones Too With The Blue..wish I Had More Grandkids Coming, I'd Trade One Or Two For A New 30 Hp Efi, Short Shaft, Ptt, And Full Elec....welll Almost:d :d

mercguy
12-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Is Thats Tohatsu 2007 Grafics....i Like The 2006 Ones Too With The Blue..wish I Had More Grandkids Coming, I'd Trade One Or Two For A New 30 Hp Efi, Short Shaft, Ptt, And Full Elec....welll Almost:d :d

it is the 2006 and 2007 graphics...............since they are carbureted motors, they are still using the red, versus the blue of the new ones, or so I am told........I was expecting the blue ones, but am happier with the red!!;)

jeff55vDSH
02-08-2007, 11:27 PM
I was expecting the blue ones, but am happier with the red!!;)

I was expecting crappy looking graphics, and I got crappy looking graphics!! ;)

I'm jealous. :(

Tphoto
02-10-2007, 07:43 PM
here is my new Darneille laydown DSH, to be powered by the Bass Machines Tohatsu........

sorry for the bad pics, as there was ice/frost on the boat when I took the pics........

Greetings, My name is Richard Turk I am a Photographer in southern Oregon. I am a contributor to propeller Magazine with a few publications of last years Jet and Hydro River Races. Your new Boat Looks Like one I saw being constructed last summer at a friend Larrys shop! Would this be the same? Grants Pass?

mercguy
02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Greetings, My name is Richard Turk I am a Photographer in southern Oregon. I am a contributor to propeller Magazine with a few publications of last years Jet and Hydro River Races. Your new Boat Looks Like one I saw being constructed last summer at a friend Larrys shop! Would this be the same? Grants Pass?

yep, it is the same boat! Larry Darneille from Grants Pass, Oregon. He is an awesome boat builder and craftsman and of course, river racing hydro builder! I have (3) Darneille's right now........(20/CSH, CMH, and the DSH/DMH)

you saw it at the stage where I was deciding whether to run Dmod with a Merc or D stock with a Tohatsu................went for D stock.

Tphoto
02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Right On! Oh Yea I had never seen the process of building one of these critters untill I visited Larry at his Boat shop. man was I impressed at the detail and Labor Involved! your right, the man is a true Craftsman and stand up Guy. What region will you be racing this season? I would like to look at the Schedules. Thanks Tphoto

mercguy
02-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Right On! Oh Yea I had never seen the process of building one of these critters untill I visited Larry at his Boat shop. man was I impressed at the detail and Labor Involved! your right, the man is a true Craftsman and stand up Guy. What region will you be racing this season? I would like to look at the Schedules. Thanks Tphoto

yep, Larry builds one hell of a boat and well thought out. He takes his time building them and emphasizes safety when building them. He builds his boats to last a long time (not a throw away boat built in a week). I had him take his time on this one, as I was in the process of relocating back to Washington State from San Diego. I will be racing this boat and 2 more I own he build up here in Reg10. I will be at Oroville, Ca this summer, along with Newberg, Oregon with my Darneille's. Shoot me an email and I will send you some pictures of the boat now and my other Darneille's.

PS: Larry is one of the nicest guys I have ever met!

PSS: here is my 04 Darneille Cmod hydro (I just got it back from the guy I sold it to last year). I guess I learned to never sell my Darneille's! It is the little brother to my new DSH.

PSSS: Larry also builds some super fast FE hydros also!

mercguy@verizon.net

Tphoto
02-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Will Do. I plan on getting a little futher north this year Chasing the Races and maybe Ill meet you through my camera lens! Tphoto www.richardturkphotography.com

mercguy
02-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Will Do. I plan on getting a little futher north this year Chasing the Races and maybe Ill meet you through my camera lens! Tphoto www.richardturkphotography.com

that would be great, hopefully I will not be in the back of the pack on the race course............:eek:

Allen J. Lang
02-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Rich- Great gallery of photos. When you get to the races this year, please post again.
Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang :cool:

Tphoto
02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Thankyou! I have found a new passion in Boat Racing, for now my photography is how I can participate in the sport. I have taken being a fan to a different level I guess. I plan to cover some additional Races this season in region 11 if all goes well! Looking forward to seeing Mercguys new Boat. Tphoto

tthibodaux
02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Man sometimes I just find an old thread just for something to read but this one was really cool.;) I in all my years of bein around and a part of boat racing I have never seen something as CRAZYand cool as white water hydro racin.:eek: :D . Holy Sh-t.:cool: www.richardturkphotography.com WAY COOL...

Tphoto
02-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Oh yea, Very Cool Racing! Boat Builder Larry Darneille builds solid white water river racers as well as others like what Mercguy just bought! Outboard Racer Brian McKnight's B-59 is another one of Darneille's beauties. After hours of research over the past couple years (and fun) I have found some really interesting info about River Racing. From Start to finish as a sport there are countless details and personal commitment involved in one of these races and ILL tell ya! my hats off to anybody who races these APBA/UIM Sanctioned events in the Rivers of the west. Just a little over a month before the first boat race and I allready got my gear ready! OH YEA! Tphoto